Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    talkingfetus is offline Junior Member talkingfetus is on a distinguished road

Harassment By Communication... What Can I Expect?

I was recently advised that I have been cited for harassment by communication. If the persons claiming this harassment never officially ORDERED COMMUNICATION TO STOP, will the case ever go to court? Secondly This is the first time I've EVER been charged with anything in my life, so if this does go to court and the magistrate rules against me, what the worst I can expect, or the best I can expect, mind you this "Harassment" was a result of various issues with a certian institution going completly un attended and also as a result of being treated like garbage whne attempting to communicate about certian issues. This is A Pennsylvania case, anything anyone knows would be very helpful.

Blackgoat06 is offline Veteran Member Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Harassment by communication no longer exists in PA. I've never seen someone get cited without the victim or police at least attempting to contact the person to stop. That said it is not not required either so it doesn't mean you'll get out of it.

At worst expect a fine of a few hundred bucks, at best it gets tossed with a stern warning to cease all contact.

How exactly do you cite a fetus anyway?
    Last edited by Blackgoat06; 06-19-11 at 08:01 AM.
    "Knowing what you stand for limits what you fall for"

talkingfetus is offline Junior Member talkingfetus is on a distinguished road
    [QUOTE=greg72982;1138741]Harassment by communication no longer exists in PA. I've never seen a someone get cited without the victim or police at least attempting to contact the person to stop. That said it is not not required either so it doesn't mean you'll get out of it.

At worst expect a fine of a few hundred bucks, at best it gets tossed with a stern warning to cease all contact.

Greg, Thank You Very Much For The Response, The PD Said It Would Take A Week To A Week And A Half To Get The Citation In The Mail, It May Or May Not Show, Who Knows, But If It Is Not Tossed, And A Fine Is Issued, Will This Stick On Record? I.E Show On A Background Check For Employment Purposes?? & To Answer Your Question, When I Was Much Younger I Was Watching MTV, While aving A Hard Time Getting An AOL Screen Name, A Song Came On And A Digitally Enhanced Fetus, Was Singing The Song, I Said, Wow Thats A Talking Fetus And Attempted To Use That As My Screename, It Worked And In My Circle Of Friends It Went Over Pretty Good, So I've Just Rolled With It Since. Thanks Again And Be Safe!! I Think I've Also Learned A Lesson Here, Let The PD Do Their Job, Even If I Don't Think The Job Was Done Or Is Being Done, Just Keep It To Yourself, Hopefully This Along With A Letter Of Apology To The Filing Institution Will Carry Some Clout W The Magistrate, Since I Assume This Will Go In Front Of The Local Magistrate.

Blackgoat06 is offline Veteran Member Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    [quote=talkingfetus;1138753]
    Quote Originally Posted by greg72982 View Post
    Harassment by communication no longer exists in PA. I've never seen a someone get cited without the victim or police at least attempting to contact the person to stop. That said it is not not required either so it doesn't mean you'll get out of it.

Greg, Thank You Very Much For The Response, The PD Said It Would Take A Week To A Week And A Half To Get The Citation In The Mail, It May Or May Not Show, Who Knows, But If It Is Not Tossed, And A Fine Is Issued, Will This Stick On Record? I.E Show On A Background Check For Employment Purposes?? & To Answer Your Question, When I Was Much Younger I Was Watching MTV, While aving A Hard Time Getting An AOL Screen Name, A Song Came On And A Digitally Enhanced Fetus, Was Singing The Song, I Said, Wow Thats A Talking Fetus And Attempted To Use That As My Screename, It Worked And In My Circle Of Friends It Went Over Pretty Good, So I've Just Rolled With It Since. Thanks Again And Be Safe!! I Think I've Also Learned A Lesson Here, Let The PD Do Their Job, Even If I Don't Think The Job Was Done Or Is Being Done, Just Keep It To Yourself, Hopefully This Along With A Letter Of Apology To The Filing Institution Will Carry Some Clout W The Magistrate, Since I Assume This Will Go In Front Of The Local Magistrate.
    A summary offense in and of itself won't show on a criminal record, but someone can find it on a public records website if they cared to. PA is pretty public about stuff, all the way up to speeding tickets. Criminal histories(records) only show misdemeanors and above, unless there were summaries lumped with the misdemeanor/felony, but that isn't the case here.

For non-traffic citations they have also added a "Public Access" copy now so I'd imagine someone could go to the local magistrate's office and view a copy of the citation if they cared to. I think that's more for media purposes but it's a fairly new thing. I've asked the secretaries at our local office and even they don't know.

The hearing would be in front of the magistrate. The letter can't hurt but just understand it's not going to guarantee a dismissal. The police department is more or less a middleman in this. They are filing charges based on information received from the victim.
    "Knowing what you stand for limits what you fall for"

5. This ad will disappear if you login