Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Nexci is offline Junior Member Nexci is on a distinguished road

Can a cop pull you over on private property....?

I was turning into my gated community and i get past the gate and this cop follows me in there which he only gets in because the gate is broken. and He pulls me over 1 block from my house. then apparently I was speeding like 5 miles back i was going 58 in a 45 and i did not recall this. I hardly ever speed and if I do there is a reason, I am 17 and new here so can someone help me out. Oh and also my community, so i have heard, does not allow cops to patrol the streets they are only allowed in for emergency reasons.

futurecop90 is offline Junior Member futurecop90 will become famous soon enough futurecop90 will become famous soon enough
    Can a cop pull you over on private property....? Im pretty sure they can ;)

sbrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexci
    I was turning into my gated community and i get past the gate and this cop follows me in there which he only gets in because the gate is broken. and He pulls me over 1 block from my house. then apparently I was speeding like 5 miles back i was going 58 in a 45 and i did not recall this. I hardly ever speed and if I do there is a reason, I am 17 and new here so can someone help me out. Oh and also my community, so i have heard, does not allow cops to patrol the streets they are only allowed in for emergency reasons.
    Yes he can write you a ticket on private property. Just as he could arrest you for ANY crime on private property. And it is probably that little rich kid smart *** additude that got you the ticket.
    Have a nice day.

Piggy is offline Trained Assassin Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    But he wasn't wearing his hat either, is the ticket still good?

sbrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Piggy
    But he wasn't wearing his hat either, is the ticket still good?
    Well, hell. He should have said so.
    In that case no, he can't write you a ticket.

sbrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Law
    And once I even took a kid's father to jail after he came out of the house and repeatedly interfered with my efforts to cite his son for Reckless Driving.
    I remember that story. One of my all-time DC favorites!

darrell is offline Banned darrell is a splendid one to behold darrell is a splendid one to behold darrell is a splendid one to behold darrell is a splendid one to behold darrell is a splendid one to behold darrell is a splendid one to behold darrell is a splendid one to behold
    So what would be a reason that you would speed? Let me guess your running late for work or school. Leave early and slow the hell down kid. They can drive through any community. You can't ban them from driving through your Rich People Only neighborhood. I doubt he followed you for 5 miles for a speeding violation, try a 1/2 mile or 5 blocks.

Don't get your panties in a bunch son, pay the ticket or just fight it in court.

Aggie is offline Banned Aggie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    This question has nothing to do with the right to ticket the above individual.

Can police officers go onto private drives just to patrol, without any real cause and without consent of the owner or an appropriate agent?

Aggie is offline Banned Aggie has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    OK, thanks DC Law.

scott715us is offline Sgt/DUI Inst/Juris Doctor scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Our airport is private property that obviously is open to the general public. I write tickets, run radar, traffic crash reports, anything and everything the other LEO's do on an everyday street. So the answer is...yessss, at least in TN. ;)

scott715us is offline Sgt/DUI Inst/Juris Doctor scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Law
    I chase traffic violators into Reagan National airport on a daily basis. It seems like almost every car I try to stop S/B on the GW Parkway south of Roaches Run suddenly has business at the airport. I guess they figure that if they get onto airport property, I'm going to be stopped by some magic force-field or something. I just stop them and cite them same as anywhere else, usually with the airport cops as back-up because they always seem to have a unit lurking right by the entrance.

And it's always funny to watch these people who just claimed to be "late for a flight" drive right back out of the exit and onto the parkway again once they've gotten their tickets.
    That's awesome. We like to back up our local metro PD units as well. I pulled over a TN Titan football player last night coming back from the Miami game. No, I didn't give him a ticket, but it amazes me how people's mindset changes when they enter the airport area. They all seem to haul *** for some reason. I love my new slicktop Impala. :D

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    As long as the officer saw you commit a crime on a public road , you are fair game. And does this gated community of yours BAN the police from coming in ? Believe you me, if you had such a development, you would get ZERO patrol and we would ONLY answer calls for service.

When you get the PD, you get the good ( patrol) with the bad ( getting a ticket).
    Creeper Cop

michiganstud is offline exhumed from the grave michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO

Absolutely not!!! You tell that officer to get the hell of'n yer property now!
    Tell him you pay his salary, which is way too much.

If you can't get him to leave just run into your house and call the State Police! Obviously he doesn't know who he is messin with.

"ching ching, pull it over buddy. You're under arrest...get in the basket." ~ Super Six 5

corporal716 is offline Veteran Member corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute corporal716 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    He can not issue you a citation for speeding while on the privet property, but being that the infraction occured on a public highway he can pull onto the privet property to cite you. It comes under fresh pursuit.
    How come your house has wheels and your car doesn't?

Johninaustin is offline Veteran Member Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I LOVE this concept. People sort of think it's like reaching "Base" and I can't touch them. High entertainment value all around. Esp when they bring it up to the judge.:D

16. This ad will disappear if you login

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast