Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    Just Curious is offline Junior Member Just Curious is on a distinguished road

Drink spiking law question

Hello, I stumbled across this website trying to research TN laws.
    Here's my situation. I currently have a case that was turned over to the Grand Jury for someone spiking a drink of mine. I tasted this drug then I saw the pill poorly chopped up in my drink. I made this person leave my house, I froze my drink, involved the police, the drink was sent to TBI & it turned out to be ectasy. The person is being charged with agg. assault. This website seems to be set up for people wanting to become involved in the police field some how, my intentions are to try to find some where to start to argue this law for future victims & see if drink spiking can ever be changed to stricter charge than agg. assault. I know it wouldn't help my case but for future people who know their attackers (which I don't think happens often). Does someone have an opinion of where I should start? I wanted to ask someone not involved in my case.
    Thank You!

DCF
    DCF is offline Veteran Member DCF has disabled reputation
    Verified LEO
    Start with a state legislator. you might enlist the help of MADD as well. Any change in the law however, would have to go through a legislator.

DFrost
    DCF

How many of you believe in psycho-kenesis?
    Raise my hand.

Just Curious is offline Junior Member Just Curious is on a distinguished road
    Thank you very much for the helpful information. I will definitely start writing my letters and pleading my case.

scott715us is offline Sgt/DUI Inst/Juris Doctor scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute scott715us has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    DCF is correct. It will need to start with legislation if you want to attempt to make specific laws concerning spiking drinks. There is also TCA 39-17-107 (adulteration of foods) that is a felony. This law explains that doing anything to food/drinks that causes bodily injury (Class C felony) or serious bodily injury (Class B felony). Good luck. I would be happy to enforce it.

5. This ad will disappear if you login