Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    chapy18 is offline Junior Member chapy18 is on a distinguished road

DPSST Training, Oregon

I just found out that I passed my medical exam and that I am in!! I will find out monday what my start date is, but I'm figuring I will go to the March Academy. I was wondering if anyone here has gone through DPSST Training in Oregon, and what is it like. From the looks of there website it looks more like college. Just want to know in advance.

retdetsgt is offline Back in my day!!!! retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    I haven't gone through it, we started sending people there after I was a cop. From what I've heard, it's not all that bad. I taught a couple of classes there years ago. The idea is to teach you, not play bs boot camp games. It is on the campus of Western Oregon State, which probably explains the college atmosphere.

What agency are you being hired by?
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't it. And what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grampa Simpson

My Little Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Doc View Post
    You just gotta realize he is hard of hearing and cranky, and try to speak up more clearly next time and make it perfectly clear what you were saying so there is no misinterpretation. You gotta try not to get mad at the old guy, recognizing the issue at hand.

chapy18 is offline Junior Member chapy18 is on a distinguished road
    I got on with the City of Tigard.

retdetsgt is offline Back in my day!!!! retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by chapy18
    I got on with the City of Tigard.
    Good for you! That's not a bad dept. I lived in Tigard for a while, but moved to Newberg. Good luck.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't it. And what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grampa Simpson

My Little Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Doc View Post
    You just gotta realize he is hard of hearing and cranky, and try to speak up more clearly next time and make it perfectly clear what you were saying so there is no misinterpretation. You gotta try not to get mad at the old guy, recognizing the issue at hand.

5. This ad will disappear if you login