Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    reinier is offline $Pino$ reinier is on a distinguished road
    I'm new to this page, but i got a question.....ok,so i past the cjbat test wit a 85,i have to take the phisical agility test an after that the swim test....wat happens next?.......this is for broward police department..i'm trying to get sponcer wit them...how do i get sponcer is wat i'm trying to figure out an how long does it take..any help would be great....

cntryboy0531 is offline You can't 30DF that.... cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by reinier View Post
    I'm new to this page, but i got a question.....ok,so i past the cjbat test wit a 85,i have to take the phisical agility test an after that the swim test....wat happens next?.......this is for broward police department..i'm trying to get sponcer wit them...how do i get sponcer is wat i'm trying to figure out an how long does it take..any help would be great....

Jesus H. Christ!! Did they take the English section out of the CJBAT. How in the blue hell did you get an 85? :eek:
    "I would rather my boss give me a butt kicking for being over the top than a eulogy for not being thorough!" ~~~~~ Aussie George

"It's an American police station. Guns are easier to find than a working stapler." ~~~~~ smcc366

so i guess thanks 4 answerin my question?Your a real help...

cntryboy0531 is offline You can't 30DF that.... cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    so i guess thanks 4 answerin my question?Your a real help...
    You're not going to get help around here with such a poorly written question such as that. If you are going to ask a question, and expect an intellegent answer, then put a few minutes into it and at least make an effort to type out your question with at least something resembling decent grammar and spelling. Maybe then we'll make the effort to answer your question legitimately.

By the way, it's "Broward County Sheriff's Office" not "broward police department", at least get the name right for the Department you are trying to apply at. :rolleyes:
    "I would rather my boss give me a butt kicking for being over the top than a eulogy for not being thorough!" ~~~~~ Aussie George

"It's an American police station. Guns are easier to find than a working stapler." ~~~~~ smcc366

Wow....I didn't ask u to tell me if i could spell or not........I asked a question about the cjbat test thats all. And by the way you understood what I said right? So dont get smart with me! Because you got a score of a 82 an i got a score of a 85.....so u aint so smart buddy...........:D.lol

marinepilot is offline Slippin' the surly bonds marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Wow....I didn't ask u to tell me if i could spell or not........I asked a question about the cjbat test thats all. And by the way you understood what I said right? So dont get smart with me! Because you got a score of a 82 an i got a score of a 85.....so u aint so smart buddy...........:D.lol
    reiner,

You're walking a thin line here. Cntryboy is a very respected member of these boards, and you're being crappy, extremely sarcastic, and downright rude to him. We do NOT take kindly to that in these parts.

Yes, you asked a question about the Florida CJBAT. But you did so in a thread that was VERY old. Also, your grammar and spelling are atrocious. Since you did state that you were new to these boards, and your 3 big posts so far have also proven this, I will give you some free advice:

If you plan on being in any Law Enforcement job, you're going to have to be able to spell and use American English in a legible manner.

If you had taken a little more of a look around the boards, you'd have seen that almost everyone here with more than, let's say, 20 posts, has cleaned up their spelling and grammar, especially if they have hopes of working in the Law Enforcement field. The reason for this is because, unlike what many people think and Hollywood seems to perpetuate, police work is much more than running around catching bad guys. There are reports so thick it will make your eyes roll in their sockets. And it's those very reports that put people in jail or prison, not the all the hard physical work the officer did in catching the criminal.

If you can not articulate in these boards, then there is absolutely no doubt that you would not be able to write a report sufficient enough to appeal to a states attorney or prosecutor.

So, please, for everyones sake, learn to write and spell. And treat veteran members of the boards with quite a bit more respect, lest you find yourself on your way away from the boards.
    "Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem." - Ronald Reagan

Sgt. Ervin Romans (OPD) - EOW March 21, 2009

i was just askin a question,thats all...Plus english is my second langue, maybe thats why I dont always spell everything perfectly!!.......all i wanted was 4 some one to help me out,thats the reason i signed up 2 this page in the first place...but instead i got a rude comment sayin learn how to spell...it might not seem rude to you but i found it rude to me....I apologize if I was rude back but I felt very offended when he responded to me in that way!

marinepilot is offline Slippin' the surly bonds marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute marinepilot has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    i was just askin a question,thats all...Plus english is my second langue, maybe thats why I dont always spell everything perfectly!!.......all i wanted was 4 some one to help me out,thats the reason i signed up 2 this page in the first place...but instead i got a rude comment sayin learn how to spell...it might not seem rude to you but i found it rude to me....I apologize if I was rude back but I felt very offended when he responded to me in that way!
    I can understand that, but being a law enforcement officer, you're going to have WAY WORSE happen to you than people being rude to you. You'll be sworn at, spit on, and depending on where you are working, people may try to kill you. If you can't handle someone being rude to you without being rude back, I would suggest you either 1) learn how to do that, or 2) think about a different line of work.

Not trying to be rude, just tell you the facts.
    "Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem." - Ronald Reagan

Sgt. Ervin Romans (OPD) - EOW March 21, 2009

Verified LEO

You don't have to spell everything perfectly, I didn't ask for that. What I did ask for is that you make at least an effort to put together a written question so that I could at least detect you have been educated to at least a ninth grade level. Why should we answer you're question if you're not willing to even put a little bit of effort into how you articulate your question? And to quote your smart-*** response to me, "you understood what I said right?"

If you are serious about entering into law enforcement, you need to accept the fact that you are judged by how well you convey your thoughts, ideas, and simple facts into a written format. Judges, Attorney's, and other people in your chain of command will review your written documents and judge you upon it, without ever meeting you.

If you're offended by my response, grow a thicker skin. If you make it through the academy and onto the road with an agency, you're going to deal with far more "offensive" things than a cop who's been doing this longer than you, adjusting your attitude.

By the way, my score is irrelevent to this. I'm the one that's been hired, on the road, and an effective cop. You're not. :rolleyes:

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Here is the grammatical English version.

I was just asking a question , thats all. English is my second language , maybe thats why I don't always spell everything perfectly !!! All I wanted was for someone to help me out , thats the reason I signed up to this page in the first place , but instead I got a rude comment saying learn how to spell. It might not seem rude to you , but I found it rude to me. I apologize if it was rude back but I felt very offended when he responded to me in that way !

You NEED to work on your use of the English language and you need to work on it NOW. If you submitted a report to , as a supervisor , I would give it back for you to correct. If you cannot properly communicate in the English language , you will not become a good police officer.

People DEPEND on being able to read a report without you there to clarify and correct it so they can understand what happened. And you may have to go to court years later and have only your report to use to refresh your memory. A defense attorney will rip to you to pieces on a any document you submit that looks anything like your posts.
    Creeper Cop

Nlandrua is offline Junior Member Nlandrua is on a distinguished road

Hello All

Hello all, I have been reading all of the post on this site and most of the dates are pretty old...I hope that I am able to get a response to my question if anyone is out there. I am a 30 year old female with a great job (not in law enforcement) but I am very unhappy. I would love to be a part of law enforcement but during my search for more information I see that most people doing the searching are right out of high School and College. Am I too old to want to start a career in law enforcement?

Heinz is offline Junior Member Heinz is on a distinguished road

CJBAT Test

Is there anybody here that knows about the CJBAT Test...I'll be applying for the Police Department soon and I've heard that the test is kinda hard.
    Has anyone here taken that test before?...Thanks for the help...

herb is offline Junior Member herb is on a distinguished road
    hey man i've taken this bat test 3 times and failed by one point i'm a little discouraged what kind of tips you may have to help pass i would appreciate it if anyone can pass i would like to be the next one

PJMARIA is offline Junior Member PJMARIA is on a distinguished road

Need Information Regarding the CJBAT Test and the BAT Test ...

Let me start by saying Hi to everyone, to the new ones like me and to the Veteran's hope to get good feedback on my answers..

My question is as follow: Next week am taking my CJBAT test, hopefully I pass it. I guess my question is after this test, how soon after do I have to go for my BAT test.

Also, can I start applying for employment with the Correctional Department, even if I haven't taken the BAT test?

Any information that someone can give me, will be greatly appreciated..

Gringe is offline The Inevitable Gringe has a reputation beyond repute Gringe has a reputation beyond repute Gringe has a reputation beyond repute Gringe has a reputation beyond repute Gringe has a reputation beyond repute Gringe has a reputation beyond repute Gringe has a reputation beyond repute Gringe has a reputation beyond repute Gringe has a reputation beyond repute Gringe has a reputation beyond repute Gringe has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PJMARIA View Post
    Let me start by saying Hi to everyone, to the new ones like me and to the Veteran's hope to get good feedback on my answers..

My question is as follow: Next week am taking my CJBAT test, hopefully I pass it. I guess my question is after this test, how soon after do I have to go for my BAT test.

Also, can I start applying for employment with the Correctional Department, even if I haven't taken the BAT test?

Any information that someone can give me, will be greatly appreciated..
    It depends on the testing center you're taking it at. Some do it same day, some do it following day, and some schedule you for weeks down.

Where are you taking your test?

16. This ad will disappear if you login