Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    retdetsgt is online now Back in my day!!!! retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO

Another ultimate wannabe.....

Accused fake cop now gets to be a real defendant

PORTLAND, Ore. – A 29-year-old Gresham man, who is accused of pretending to be a police officer, was arraigned Monday afternoon on three felony charges alleging he pulled over a Damascus teenager Sunday morning, threatened to Tase him and then took his wallet.

Darren Goff has not pleaded guilty or not guilty yet, but the police report says Goff told the arresting officer he wanted to scare the victim and teach him a lesson.

Tia Guile, who witnessed the incident, said the screech of tires woke her up. She didn’t call 9-1-1 until she heard the victim’s loud pleas. Guile said she thought there was a gun involved.

When Gresham police arrived at Southeast 181st Avenue and Stephens Street Goff didn’t have a weapon.

“It really did sound like a cop – really deep voice, really commanding,” said Prairie Ducheneaux, who also witnessed the incident. “And then he was like, ‘Get out of the car and put your hands on the hood.’”

Gresham police said that Goff had a scanner on him and knew the real officers were on their way. In fact, neighbors said they could hear the sirens in the distance; yet when the real police arrived, Goff was still at the scene. He was walking toward his car.

Once arrested, police said Goff handed over the 19-year-old victim’s wallet, telling them he forgot he had it.

According to a criminal background check, Goff pleaded guilty to misdemeanor theft three years ago, which is the only incident on his criminal record.

Guile said before Sunday she wouldn’t have questioned anyone who pulled her over but now, “I would go to either the nearest police station or a gas station – some place that was open. I mean, I don’t want to have the police chase me or anything, but I’m scared now. It’s scary.”

Goff is scheduled to be back in court next week. He’s being held at the Multnomah County Jail on more than half a million dollars.

Goff’s car looks nothing like a police cruiser. It was still parked at the scene Monday.

Accused fake cop now gets to be a real defendant | Crime | Gresham News
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't it. And what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grampa Simpson

My Little Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Doc View Post
    You just gotta realize he is hard of hearing and cranky, and try to speak up more clearly next time and make it perfectly clear what you were saying so there is no misinterpretation. You gotta try not to get mad at the old guy, recognizing the issue at hand.

2. This ad will disappear if you login