Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    Apollo8138 is offline Veteran Member Apollo8138 has a reputation beyond repute Apollo8138 has a reputation beyond repute Apollo8138 has a reputation beyond repute Apollo8138 has a reputation beyond repute Apollo8138 has a reputation beyond repute Apollo8138 has a reputation beyond repute Apollo8138 has a reputation beyond repute Apollo8138 has a reputation beyond repute Apollo8138 has a reputation beyond repute Apollo8138 has a reputation beyond repute Apollo8138 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO

Sunrise man denies killing BSO deputy

A Sunrise man charged with killing a deputy and injuring another during a traffic stop told detectives he was in the car during the shooting but didn't pull the trigger, according to court documents.

Eloyn Devon Ingraham told Broward sheriff's detectives he was on the phone, sitting in his girlfriend's Toyota when he saw another man fire on Deputy Brian Tephford and Deputy Corey Carbocci, fatally wounding Tephford.

Ingraham, 28, said he ran from the scene when the shooting stopped.

''Eloyn Devon Ingraham didn't shoot him,'' Ingraham told detectives during a five-hour interview on Nov. 12. ``Eloyn Devon Ingraham didn't have a gun. I had a quarter- ounce of weed.''

Tephford was killed Nov. 11 during a traffic stop in the parking lot of the Versailles Gardens condominium complex in Tamarac.

OFF-DUTY JOB

The six-year veteran had just started his off-duty shift at the condo complex when he pulled over a tan Toyota with a suspicious license.

Carbocci arrived as backup, but as Tephford sat in his cruiser checking the registration on his computer, police say one or more suspects jumped out of the Toyota and began firing. Ingraham was arrested the following day at the Rodeway Inn in Dania Beach.

Andre Delancy, 19, of Tamarac, and Bernard Forbes, 22, also were arrested at the motel and have been charged in the shooting. All three face charges of first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Ingraham is also charged with possession of a firearm or ammunition by a convicted felon.

Two women, Sonia Watts, 27, and Keisha N. Fleurinor, 29, have been charged as accessories in the case.

Both women were arraigned Thursday, and Fleurinor was taken into custody after prosecutors increased the charges against her.

Ingraham's interview with BSO detectives took place over more than five hours. During the interview, Ingraham proclaimed his innocence, said that smoking marijuana had caused memory loss, accused detectives of manipulating him and complained that he had no warm footwear.

At first. Ingraham signed his Miranda rights and demanded that a lawyer be present before he spoke with detectives. Shortly after, he changed his mind, scratching out his signature on the Miranda form and initialing the change.

He refused to give detectives a DNA sample without a warrant, but volunteered to take a polygraph test.

GOING TO MOVIE

According to Ingraham's statement, he was going to a movie with girlfriend Shante Spencer and rolling a marijuana cigar when Tephford pulled them over.

A deputy approached her Toyota and asked to see license and registration, which Spencer provided. Asked for his name, Ingraham said he told police he was Keith Smith.

When a second police car pulled up, Ingraham said he got nervous because he was carrying marijuana in his shoe, and a homemade joint cigar behind his ear.

Ingraham said the shooting began when the deputies were checking the couple's names and vehicle information. He then ran to an apartment where two friends were staying. On his way, he encountered another neighbor, an unidentified man who drove all three in a white Geo.

Outside the apartment complex, officers stopped the Geo, and the man got out. One of Ingraham's friends, a man called ''Cut-Up,'' jumped in the front seat and took the wheel.

DRIVER'S STATEMENT

Ingraham told detectives he was crouched down in the front seat and did not see where they went. Ingraham claimed he did not have a gun on Nov. 11, but detectives said the Geo's original driver -- not identified by name in the interview -- said in a statement that Ingraham brandished a gun and ordered him to drive even when the police asked them to stop, saying ``them f--king crackers are gonna kill us.''

Ingraham was arrested with a gun later that night, but he told detectives that he was watching it for a friend named Marcus, who had given it to him earlier in the day.

After Ingraham's arrest, detectives said they found four guns in the hotel room and one gun in Ingraham's pocket.

During the interrogation, Ingraham reacted with nonchalance when detectives said Carbocci and several others identified him as a shooter.

''Then leave it like that then. That's what they see,'' he said. "They saw a black guy out there in khakis. They didn't see me shooting nobody.''

Source

Mr. Peanut is offline Senior Member Mr. Peanut has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Peanut has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Peanut has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Peanut has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Peanut has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Peanut has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Peanut has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Peanut has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Peanut has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Peanut has a reputation beyond repute Mr. Peanut has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8138 View Post

but he told detectives that he was watching it for a friend named Marcus, who had given it to him earlier in the day.
    Now why wouldn't that be true? Guns get very lonely if their owners leave them home alone. He was just doing his friend a favor. :confused:

In all seriousness, though, I hope they fry the bastard. Thoughts go out to the deputy's family.

Cat_Doc is offline No Sugarcoating Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8138 View Post
    ''Eloyn Devon Ingraham didn't shoot him,'' Ingraham told detectives during a five-hour interview on Nov. 12. ``Eloyn Devon Ingraham didn't have a gun. I had a quarter- ounce of weed.''

''Then leave it like that then. That's what they see,'' he said. "They saw a black guy out there in khakis. They didn't see me shooting nobody.''

Because this is a public forum, I will not get into details, strategy or tactics of psycholinguistics, but these quotes are very revealing.

It is my belief the suspect was telling the truth when he said, "I had a quarter ounce of weed." He is being deceptive prior to that.

It is also quite possible he is being truthful when he says, "They didn't see me shooting nobody." (Just because they didn't see him do it does not mean he did not do it.) But, the statements prior to that are telling in the lack of denial.

I have received numerous hours of advanced training in interview & interrogation and neurolinguistics, but I am a firm believer in the relatively new art of psycholinguistics.

In order for this to be analyzed properly, you need to see the exact verbiage; a second party rendition will not work. I would love to see the interview transcript on this guy.

Any of the verified working cops on here really ought to try and get to some training if offered in your area.
    "No one is compelled to choose the profession of a police officer, but having chosen it, everyone is obligated to perform its duties and live up to the high standards of its requirements." ~ President Calvin Coolidge

“The nobility of policing demands the noblest of character.” ~ Dr. Stephen R. Covey

4. This ad will disappear if you login