Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    Drew27k9 is offline Veteran Member Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L3
    Verified LEO

Officers Help Injured Partner

BRISTOL, PA.-- Police officers in Bristol Township helped an injured fellow officer by tearing up his home.

A half-dozen members of the force spent the weekend making Officer Mark Buzby’s home wheelchair accessible.

Buzby, 36, and his partner, Officer Michael Egan, 29, were injured Aug. 27 when a driver in a minivan slammed into them, pinning them against their patrol car. The two had been investigating an accident when they were injured.

The accident broke Buzby’s legs in several places, and doctors had to amputate Egan’s left leg below the knee.

Officers enlarged the door frames in the first-floor bedroom and bathroom of the Buzby’s home in Falls, Bucks County.

A plumber is scheduled to install a new shower with handrails, said officer Christian Phillips.

Local stores donated materials to help officers complete the job, Phillips said.

Once Buzby’s house is completed, they’ll start working on Egan’s house. He is expected to come home from the hospital in the next few weeks.

http://kyw.com/local/local_story_261152104.html

MetPC is offline Taw taves MetPC has disabled reputation
    Verified LEO
    These guys should be applauded and so should the local stores/tradesmen who gave their time

Agreed 100% MetPC. Those are great guys. I just wish it didn't take this happening for people in the general public to recognize them.

Kate is offline Veteran Member Kate has a reputation beyond repute Kate has a reputation beyond repute Kate has a reputation beyond repute Kate has a reputation beyond repute Kate has a reputation beyond repute Kate has a reputation beyond repute Kate has a reputation beyond repute Kate has a reputation beyond repute Kate has a reputation beyond repute Kate has a reputation beyond repute Kate has a reputation beyond repute
    I remember when this happened and my heart went out to both injured officers.

Great story. Thanks for sharing, Drew.
    "Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent."
    -Adam Smith

Valor55 is offline Stercus accidit Valor55 has disabled reputation
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    How AWESEOME! I read stuff like this and it gives me confidence to know my brothers will always be there to take care of me and my family if I can't. And of course I will be there for them. This is what it's all about.

These rookies who grow brass stones on the internet and call out cops like Joey and accuse him of lying don't get this and never will. They don't even have the courage to identify themselves and stand up for what they say. They'll never be there in a tough spot to back up a brother.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Joeyd6 is offline Moderator Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Valor55
    How AWESEOME! I read stuff like this and it gives me confidence to know my brothers will always be there to take care of me and my family if I can't. And of course I will be there for them. This is what it's all about.

These rookies who grow brass stones on the internet and call out cops like Joey and accuse him of lying don't get this and never will. They don't even have the courage to identify themselves and stand up for what they say. They'll never be there in a tough spot to back up a brother.
    Have to agree 100%!
    -In God we trust. All others, put your hands on the car and don't move.

7. This ad will disappear if you login