Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    Explorer_P75 is offline Junior Member Explorer_P75 is on a distinguished road

Fundraising Idea

Hello everyone,hope you are all enjoying your summer.My local Explorer Post is somewhat new,and we are looking to raise money which will allow us to purchase uniforms and other sorts of equipment.

I recently came across a page of a business online that specializes custom police car models(First Response Replicas).On their website I saw that they help promote Explorer Posts by making your department's car,and you turn around and sell them to make a profit.Do you think this would be a good fundraising idea?I know I for one think that this may be a good option and potential to make some money,as I really enjoy collecting police car models.

I would just like to hear input from the fellow Explorers on here.Thanks!

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Will your sponsoring dept allow you to do this ?

Check and make sure before you get too far on any fund raising project. Ultimately , you are using their name and I am sure they want to have control on how the dept. name is used.
    Creeper Cop

Yeah sorry I didn't add that;I will definitely check with the Advisor(s) first.I plan on bringing this up at our next meeting.

Well I spoke with the guy that runs this business,and it sounds like we'd be spending more money than we would be bringing in.So scratch that idea..

SANE-A30 is offline Banned SANE-A30 has a reputation beyond repute SANE-A30 has a reputation beyond repute SANE-A30 has a reputation beyond repute SANE-A30 has a reputation beyond repute SANE-A30 has a reputation beyond repute SANE-A30 has a reputation beyond repute SANE-A30 has a reputation beyond repute SANE-A30 has a reputation beyond repute SANE-A30 has a reputation beyond repute SANE-A30 has a reputation beyond repute SANE-A30 has a reputation beyond repute
    What about doing a mudd run? A lot of people do these for charities...fitness freaks love them and lots of people support LE..you have to pay a certain cost to register your team . Other departments could participate too plus it's a great way to show off your endurance.. Just throwing it out there my idea ;) also whatever money is not used for the explorer program can be used for the officer down memorial ... Or even if you did a running marathon
    Last edited by SANE-A30; 08-19-11 at 03:53 AM.

6. This ad will disappear if you login