Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    M4140 is offline NOT a verified LEO M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute

Unhappy Another NYPD question

Hello all, I've only been a member of this forum for a few hours and I wasn't sure if I should post the following question under this sub-forum, or the one regarding background checks/hiring process. So if I'm in the wrong section, I apologize and please feel free to move this thread.

Anyway, as I mentioned in my introduction thread I'm interested in working for NYPD. The only problem is that when I was younger I was on anti-depressant medication (fluoxetine) for a few years. I was wondering if this would hinder my chances at being hired, or if it would completely crush them all together. I'm hoping that theres some sort of way I can be cleared of this and possibly reevaluated so that it doesn't come back to bite me. If anyone knows of a timeline, or any chance that they make exceptions on a case to case basis I would really appreciate your feedback as I have been stressing over this ever since I've seen that it could become an issue. Thanks in advance.

Joeyd6 is offline Moderator Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    All depends on your age now...agen when on it...how long you were on it....what dose...why you were on it...what you told the therapist, etc..... It could go either way!
    -In God we trust. All others, put your hands on the car and don't move.

M4140 is offline NOT a verified LEO M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute M4140 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyd6 View Post
    All depends on your age now...agen when on it...how long you were on it....what dose...why you were on it...what you told the therapist, etc..... It could go either way!
    Well I'm 23 years old now, and I was on it from around ages 15-16, it was when my mother was going through nursing school and working full time so I was basically fending for myself at home as well as taking care of my little sister. Its honestly been so long ago that I can't remember exactly what I told the therapist, but I've never had suicidal thoughts or anything, nor was I ever hospitalized. If I remember correctly I think the dose was 20mg. Thanks for the reply by the way, I've read a lot of your posts and you seem very knowledgable about law enforcement, and especially the NYPD.

Joeyd6 is offline Moderator Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    You need to find the doc and request a copy of thr records...one for your own info and two because the NYPD will need them. Without that inof you are a DQ.....with it you are a 50/50.
    -In God we trust. All others, put your hands on the car and don't move.

Well, while thats not exactly good news, it's not horrible news either. Either way, I do appreciate your honesty. I'll give it a shot and just hope for the best, the worst they can do is say no.

6. This ad will disappear if you login