Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    moneb is offline Junior Member moneb is on a distinguished road

i got a harassment citation ( pacc 2709 a 1)

I had earned a harassment citation for punching a man in the face and now im just wondering what will happen if a plead guilty. i was drunk and unsure if i had even hit him.

RoadDog1905 is offline Condense Some Non-sense. RoadDog1905 has a reputation beyond repute RoadDog1905 has a reputation beyond repute RoadDog1905 has a reputation beyond repute RoadDog1905 has a reputation beyond repute RoadDog1905 has a reputation beyond repute RoadDog1905 has a reputation beyond repute RoadDog1905 has a reputation beyond repute RoadDog1905 has a reputation beyond repute RoadDog1905 has a reputation beyond repute RoadDog1905 has a reputation beyond repute RoadDog1905 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    It is up to a judge concerning what will happen.

In Pennsylvania, Harassment is a summary offense. Those crimes are punishable by a fine up to $300 and/or up to 90 days in jail.

In my years on this job, I have not seen someone go to jail for Harassment, however I'm sure someone has gone to jail for it at some point. Most likely, you'll be forced to pay a fine with costs totalling about $500 to $600 if you plead guilty.

Again though, it is up to the judge.

Also, you can be sued civilly for any medical costs incurred by your victim.
    The most important thing in conversation is to hear what isn't being said.

Piggy is offline Trained Assassin Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    One Big Ass Mistake America

thank-you for the feedback roaddog1905. i am just mad at myself for even putting myself in that situation.

Blackgoat06 is offline Veteran Member Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    It was actually sort of a break too because that could have constituted simple assault which is a misdemeanor...
    "Knowing what you stand for limits what you fall for"

Quote Originally Posted by greg72982 View Post
    It was actually sort of a break too because that could have constituted simple assault which is a misdemeanor...
    yeah i know. the cops could have threw the book at me. the thing is the punch i threw barely touched his face and the cops did not see no bruises on the guy.
    Last edited by moneb; 01-25-09 at 02:36 PM.

Blackgoat06 is offline Veteran Member Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by moneb View Post
    yeah i know. the cops could have threw the book at me. the thing is the punch i threw barely touched his face and the cops did not see no bruises on the guy.
    Well if that was the case I don't believe there was enough to go simple assault so that was the proper charge...
    "Knowing what you stand for limits what you fall for"

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    If you plead guilty and than find out the judge gave you a jail sentence....you can appeal your OWN plea of guilty to Common Pleas court. I have seen this done.

You can also ask in advance what penalty the judge has imposed.
    Creeper Cop

Quote Originally Posted by mcsap View Post
    If you plead guilty and than find out the judge gave you a jail sentence....you can appeal your OWN plea of guilty to Common Pleas court. I have seen this done.

You can also ask in advance what penalty the judge has imposed.
    thank-you for the feedback mcsap. i am worried and regretful for what i did. i am going to stop drinking because it is getting me into situations that i normally dont get involved in. once again thanks.

well i pleaded guilty 2day for my harassment charge. i got to speak to the judge when he was on his way out. he gave me a $50 fine plus court costs which made it around $180! the clerk said i lucked out but it was the man upstairs who got me there at the right time. thank you all for responding to my thread and stay safe out there when protecting our streets and highways. us civilians are greatful for it. LETS GO STEELERS

11. This ad will disappear if you login