Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    Verified LEO

Officer Michael Briggs, Manchester NH Police

Officer Michael Briggs was shot while approaching a wanted suspect in an alley of Manchester,NH. Briggs had been a police officer for 5 years. He died yesterday from his injuries. RIP brother.
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/new...ng_1161051954/

DontPullMeOver is offline New Hampshirite DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    RIP Officer Briggs.

I am from Manchester and am truly saddened.
    My condolences to his family.
    RIP
    Support Our Troops
    Support Our Police

DltUNH is offline Veteran Member DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    He finally succumbed to his injuries this afternoon, they found the person who shot him yesterday down in the Boston area. This got a lot of attention in in LE in New England because of a massive manhunt afterwards. RIP.

CPDlife4ME is offline 2010 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS CPDlife4ME has a reputation beyond repute CPDlife4ME has a reputation beyond repute CPDlife4ME has a reputation beyond repute CPDlife4ME has a reputation beyond repute CPDlife4ME has a reputation beyond repute CPDlife4ME has a reputation beyond repute CPDlife4ME has a reputation beyond repute CPDlife4ME has a reputation beyond repute CPDlife4ME has a reputation beyond repute CPDlife4ME has a reputation beyond repute CPDlife4ME has a reputation beyond repute

Unhappy

rip officer Briggs, prayers sent

smokenmirrors1 is offline Junior Member smokenmirrors1 has a reputation beyond repute smokenmirrors1 has a reputation beyond repute smokenmirrors1 has a reputation beyond repute smokenmirrors1 has a reputation beyond repute smokenmirrors1 has a reputation beyond repute smokenmirrors1 has a reputation beyond repute smokenmirrors1 has a reputation beyond repute smokenmirrors1 has a reputation beyond repute smokenmirrors1 has a reputation beyond repute smokenmirrors1 has a reputation beyond repute smokenmirrors1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO

Rip

Rest In Peace Officer Briggs.

Tater is offline Beati Pacifici Tater has a reputation beyond repute Tater has a reputation beyond repute Tater has a reputation beyond repute Tater has a reputation beyond repute Tater has a reputation beyond repute Tater has a reputation beyond repute Tater has a reputation beyond repute Tater has a reputation beyond repute Tater has a reputation beyond repute Tater has a reputation beyond repute Tater has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Thoughts and prayers go out to Officer Briggs family, friends and co-workers.:(

Rest In Peace, Brother.
    Salus populi suprema lex esto.

DontPullMeOver is offline New Hampshirite DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute DontPullMeOver has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Support Our Troops
    Support Our Police

Drew27k9 is offline Veteran Member Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L3
    Verified LEO

Officer once gave first aid to his accused killer

MANCHESTER, N.H. Police officer Michael Briggs once helped save the man accused of killing him.

In March 2003, Briggs responded to a shooting at a Manchester apartment. The victim was Michael Addison, who was shot in the collarbone, police said. Briggs was the first officer on the scene; he started giving first aid to Addison.

"I guess you could say it's ironic that in Michael Addison's time of need, it was Michael Briggs who responded," Sgt. Nick Willard of the Manchester Police Department told WMUR-TV on Thursday. "I think him treating Michael Addison for a gunshot wound back in 2003 is a testament to what Michael has done since the day he became a police officer indiscriminately helping others."

Addison, 26, of Manchester, is charged with capital murder in the shooting death of Briggs, 35, who died Tuesday. Addison was arrested in Boston on Monday and remains jailed there on $2 million bail while he fights his return to New Hampshire, where he could be sentenced to death if convicted.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeff Strelzin said it could take up to 60 days to extradite Addison.

"It just takes as long as it takes" Strelzin said Thursday, noting everything could change if Addison decides to waive extradition. Addison's next Boston court date is Nov. 10.

The attorney general's office on Wednesday upgraded charges against Addison from attempted murder to capital murder after autopsy results confirmed that Briggs, gunned down in an inner city alley early Monday, died of a single gunshot wound to the head.

Authorities say Briggs was shot 15 minutes before the end of his shift, when he and a fellow bicycle patrol officer responded to a domestic violence call involving a gunshot. Briggs' gun never left his holster, but prosecutors say two other officers shot back, as the gunman escaped.

New Hampshire's death penalty law applies only in limited circumstances, including killing a police officer.

Briggs, a married father of two sons, died at a Manchester hospital. A funeral is planned for Saturday at the stadium that's home to the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, the minor league baseball team Briggs often took his sons to watch.

"He tried to spend as much time as he could with us," Briggs' 8-year-old son, Mitchell, told WMUR-TV. "Even if he had a second left, he'd spend it with us."

Since the shooting, mourners have left bouquets of flowers and signed a guest book near the scene and at other makeshift memorials in a yard nearby and at the police station.

Strelzin said three other police officers were at the scene early Monday when Briggs was fatally wounded. The names of the others and details such as how many shots were fired and by whom have not yet been released.

A neighborhood resident, Jonathan Johnson, 26, said he saw police re-enacting the shooting several hours later. Johnson told the New Hampshire Union Leader he saw one officer grab another by the shoulder, who then spun around and mimicked shooting the officer.

Strelzin declined to confirm that account or whether Addison, a suspect in a rash of violent crimes during the preceding week, was involved in the domestic dispute that drew officers to the area.

Two women allegedly involved in the crime spree were arraigned Wednesday in Nashua District Court on charges stemming from the robbery of a Hudson convenience store last week.

According to court records in Manchester and Nashua, Angela Swist, 28, and Teresia Shipley, 26, rode along with Addison and Antoine Bell-Rogers during the robbery and split the money with the men. They also rode along when the men fired shots at a Manchester apartment building early Sunday morning, court documents said.

Bell-Rogers was with Addison when Briggs was shot, police say, but investigators have declined to say whether the dispute Briggs responded to involved one of the women.

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pb...28/1004/NEWS03

gonnabafiveoh is offline identity crisis gonnabafiveoh has a reputation beyond repute gonnabafiveoh has a reputation beyond repute gonnabafiveoh has a reputation beyond repute gonnabafiveoh has a reputation beyond repute gonnabafiveoh has a reputation beyond repute gonnabafiveoh has a reputation beyond repute gonnabafiveoh has a reputation beyond repute gonnabafiveoh has a reputation beyond repute gonnabafiveoh has a reputation beyond repute gonnabafiveoh has a reputation beyond repute gonnabafiveoh has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Rest In Peace Brother
    I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry a.. if you're running from them. -George Carlin
    I also think they have the right to pull your a.. over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.-George Carlin
    I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American. -George Carlin

deputywave is offline Got TP!? deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Thoughts and prayers to the family, friends and co-workers of Officer Briggs. RIP
    A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat

Rise up, gather round. Rock this place to the ground.
    Burn it up with our fave, Rock-N-Roll with deputywave
    Rock On!

Vehicle Owner: (Goes to shake my hand)
    Me: No offense, I don't shake hands.
    Passenger: That's right. You don't shake hands with a person wearing gloves. It's a German thing. He looks German.

Supporting Member L4
    The procession was beautiful. I hope he was looking down on this and seeing how appreciated he was. It was very touching to see the number of police officers and citizens of Manchester who came out to show their support for Officer Briggs.

Once again,
    RIP Officer Michael Briggs
    Support Our Troops
    Support Our Police

DltUNH is offline Veteran Member DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute DltUNH has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    About 40 cruisers made their way over from Maine to the funeral. A fitting tribute for a fine officer. There were over 4000 cops present. I was there with 7 guys from my department. Nothing could have prepared me for my first service.

RIP

Rabbit23 is offline The Flying Squirrel Rabbit23 has disabled reputation
    Verified LEO
    The trial painted a picture of a real animal.

Piece of **** sentenced....

http://www.wmur.com/news/18306911/detail.html
    Once the sun goes down all the weirdos turn crazy-Homer Simpson

pafindr is offline Veteran Member pafindr has a reputation beyond repute pafindr has a reputation beyond repute pafindr has a reputation beyond repute pafindr has a reputation beyond repute pafindr has a reputation beyond repute pafindr has a reputation beyond repute pafindr has a reputation beyond repute pafindr has a reputation beyond repute pafindr has a reputation beyond repute pafindr has a reputation beyond repute pafindr has a reputation beyond repute
    Hopefully it won't take 20 years to follow through.
    pafindr

---------------------------------------------------
    The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.
    Flannery O'Connor

Some people are like Slinkeys, they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
    -------
    In remembrance;
    Sergio G. Villanueva Firefighter
    Engine 4 - Ladder 132
    09/11/01

noelchabanel is offline Mr. Veteran Member noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute
    Realistically though...it probably will. There's no facility for executions here, unless it is carried out in anoher state, they are going to have to build one from scratch. The last one in NH was in the 1930's by hanging.
    Always we begin again.

16. This ad will disappear if you login