Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    michiganstud is offline exhumed from the grave michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO

Hindi duty belt safety system

Officer Bob Hindi is from LA PD. He is a DT instructor and inventor of the HINDI Baton Cap and a DVD on placement of duty equipment for safety and tactical reasons. I read an article in a gun magazine while browsing at Barnes and Noble

Anyone hear of him at all?

This article talked about using his methods to place equipment so that you can get to it by either hand and using his methods to tactically gain an advantage over a suspect.

Here is a link to an interview and a demo video of his DVD:

CLICKY CLICKY

And his website:

CLICKY CLICKY

I am purchasing the video with the intent to watch it and learn from it. Surprisingly I already use some of his placement methods (baton on the left in front of the radio, and cuffs up front) but I would like to see HOW this is useful and the ways he teaches accessing the equipment. I am kicking around the idea to circulate it around to officers on here if they wish to view and PASS IT ON TO SOMEONE ELSE ON HERE.

"ching ching, pull it over buddy. You're under arrest...get in the basket." ~ Super Six 5

Valor55 is offline Stercus accidit Valor55 has disabled reputation
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    I just forwarded it to our training coordinator. Some of what we do with our belts, by policy, makes no sense.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Supporting Member L4
    I saw a review on CrimeTime a while back. It looks interesting, especially the ability to access all gear with either hand.
    USAF-AD (2011 -) | NREMT | CompTia Security+ | Amateur Radio Operator

michiganstud is offline exhumed from the grave michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute michiganstud has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Valor55 View Post
    I just forwarded it to our training coordinator. Some of what we do with our belts, by policy, makes no sense.
    I am definately showing the video to my department's trainers. I talked with Robert Hindi on the phone to order his video. We talked about an hour and I can't wait to see this video now. The things he mentioned astounded me.

"ching ching, pull it over buddy. You're under arrest...get in the basket." ~ Super Six 5

stewie is offline Banned stewie has a reputation beyond repute stewie has a reputation beyond repute stewie has a reputation beyond repute stewie has a reputation beyond repute stewie has a reputation beyond repute stewie has a reputation beyond repute stewie has a reputation beyond repute stewie has a reputation beyond repute stewie has a reputation beyond repute stewie has a reputation beyond repute stewie has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Looks interesting....I've personally never heard of him though. I think you meant to write LVPD (Las Vegas Metro Police Department) instead of LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department).....which is what the Line of Duty website stated.

TheDeuce is offline Professional ride along TheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute TheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute TheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute TheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute TheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute TheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute TheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute TheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute TheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute TheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute TheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Yes I believe that he worked out here and came up with the baton cap. I've had mine for a while and definitely appreciate the cap so that I have a little protection from having my ESB Fly out of my hands.

I'm curious, have your radio and baton on left side up front, along with cuffs? what else does he say about setup? I mean if you can't say anything else because that's basically what he is charging for that's fine, I appreciate all cops trying to make some decent $$$.

Samuel is offline is out Samuel has disabled reputation
    Verified LEO
    From the little I know, I agree with Hindi's philosophy and basic principles. You need to be very familiar/proficient with deploying and using all of your equipment - especially if/when SHTF.

In a perfect world, Everything on your belt would be front loaded/accessible and available for ambidextrous deployment (that would be the "ideal" set up). Since it's not, you have to prioritize, make concessions, and train and practice.

In the real world, I don't believe there is a "best" or "safest" duty belt set up - only the arrangement that works best For You. IF Hindi's set up works better for you than what you've got right now and/or what he says helps you organize your gear more efficiently, then I say, by all means, go with it!

I'm pretty comfortable with my own arrangement. If something isn't ambidextrous, chances are good that I've got one on each side... ;)

Oh btw, sometimes it's not just the positioning of a particular piece of equipment that compromises officer safety - sometimes it's because of overdepedence or fixation of a piece of equipment or choosing to deploy a piece of equipment at the wrong or less advantageous time.

Verified LEO
    I have got the DVD and I've watched it. My whole department has watched it. We have all switched our gear to conform to the Hindi system.

I just had a PPCT recertification and I practiced the methods he teaches and they DO work and work better than anything else i've tried. I don't know how many times i've moved stuff around.

The things I have noticed so far:

*Its much more comfortable and easier on my back
    *I can get to anything I need QUICKER and EASIER
    *I can deploy a weapon and transition to another easier, or use both at the same time.
    *Having cuffs up front in a struggle cuffing situation is easier to control a suspect and get your cuffs.
    *I get a faster draw on my baton and a more fluid expanding

NOTE: the positioning of the baton alone creates several more ways of using the CLOSED baton as a weapon.

MIC PLACEMENT: From watching the video i'll never hang my mic around my back up to an epaulet. It is very easy to get choked with the chord. Losing it in a struggle is also no good. He has a very good teaching on mic placement.

The video is worth it to anyone who buys it cuz stud says so. ;)

Samuel is offline is out Samuel has disabled reputation
    Verified LEO
    Thanks for the heads up and review!

10. This ad will disappear if you login