Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    MikeG is online now Veteran Member MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2

Wealthy people should pay more in taxes

Didn't Warren Buffet say that? Out loud and often? And say his secretary paid more in taxes than he did?

I guess he didn't really mean it as he he'll probably spend more in lawyer bills trying to avoid paying these taxes than his secretary makes.

I don't understand lobbying for laws for higher taxes when you actually try to avoid the ones you're obligated to pay now.

Buffett

NetJets Inc., the private-plane company owned by Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK/A), was countersued by the U.S. over $366 million in taxes and penalties.

NetJets in November sued the U.S., saying the federal government had wrongly imposed taxes, interest and penalties totaling more than $642.7 million.

Claiming the federal Internal Revenue Service wrongfully assessed a so-called ticket tax -- an excise tax on payments made in exchange for air transportation -- to private aircraft owners maintaining their own planes, the Columbus, Ohio-based company demanded refunds and abatements.

The federal government, in a revised answer and countersuit filed yesterday in federal court in Columbus, rejected NetJets’ claims and alleged that four of the company’s units owe unpaid taxes and penalties.

NetJets Aviation Inc. owes more than $302.1 million, and another unit, NetJets International, is liable for $52.9 million, the U.S. said. Executive Jet Management Inc. owes $10 million while NetJets Large Aircraft owes $1.19 million, the U.S. claimed.

“NetJets doesn’t comment on pending litigation,” General Counsel Colleen Nissl said in a statement e-mailed to Bloomberg News.

The case is NetJets Large Aircraft Inc. v. U.S., 11- cv-01023, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio (Columbus).
    Captain Frank Drebin,
    "Hello. I'm Lieutenant Drebin,Detective Sergeant,Police Squad."

"Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses."

Jay: All right, I'm in. But there's one thing you gotta remember: You chose me..so you recognized the skills, so I don't want nobody calling me son or kid or sport or nothing like that, cool?
    Kay: Cool, whatever you say, slick, but I need to tell you something about all your skills. As of right now, they mean precisely..d**k.

retdetsgt is offline Back in my day!!!! retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Well, everybody but him.....
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't it. And what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grampa Simpson

My Little Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Doc View Post
    You just gotta realize he is hard of hearing and cranky, and try to speak up more clearly next time and make it perfectly clear what you were saying so there is no misinterpretation. You gotta try not to get mad at the old guy, recognizing the issue at hand.

3. This ad will disappear if you login