Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    gooddawg is offline mainedawg gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Pissing Hot for Drugs

Can anyone tell if a person pisses hot for drugs, will they be able to stay in the military.

I have been told alot of things on this subject and would like to know what happens in your area. I am told that E-4 and below are busted down, and some stay in the military. E-5 and above are busted down and out of the military.

USNMA2 is offline Junior Member USNMA2 is a splendid one to behold USNMA2 is a splendid one to behold USNMA2 is a splendid one to behold USNMA2 is a splendid one to behold USNMA2 is a splendid one to behold USNMA2 is a splendid one to behold USNMA2 is a splendid one to behold
    The Navy has ZERO tolerance, pop once and you're out. I'm pretty sure the rest of the branches are going this way if they haven't already. I heard a few years back though that some infantry popped and only got punished and not booted.

H.R. Cufnstuf is offline Veteran Member H.R. Cufnstuf has a reputation beyond repute H.R. Cufnstuf has a reputation beyond repute H.R. Cufnstuf has a reputation beyond repute H.R. Cufnstuf has a reputation beyond repute H.R. Cufnstuf has a reputation beyond repute H.R. Cufnstuf has a reputation beyond repute H.R. Cufnstuf has a reputation beyond repute H.R. Cufnstuf has a reputation beyond repute H.R. Cufnstuf has a reputation beyond repute H.R. Cufnstuf has a reputation beyond repute H.R. Cufnstuf has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by USNMA2
    The Navy has ZERO tolerance, pop once and you're out. I'm pretty sure the rest of the branches are going this way if they haven't already. I heard a few years back though that some infantry popped and only got punished and not booted.
    What he said.

AFSNCO is offline Junior Member AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute
    The Air Force has the same policy. Test positive and you are now a civilian.

JakeLock is offline Draggin' ***... JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by AFSNCO
    We've had guys up here test postive and just get busted down, I think it's more of the commanders discretion... I know in my squadron, with our current commander, you'd be a civilian. This man has zero, and I mean zero tolerance for anything. You don't even want to get a traffic ticket on base with this guy...
    "The enemy of my enemy is probably still my enemy."

Kareem is offline Army Vet Kareem has a reputation beyond repute Kareem has a reputation beyond repute Kareem has a reputation beyond repute Kareem has a reputation beyond repute Kareem has a reputation beyond repute Kareem has a reputation beyond repute Kareem has a reputation beyond repute Kareem has a reputation beyond repute Kareem has a reputation beyond repute Kareem has a reputation beyond repute Kareem has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddawg
    Can anyone tell if a person pisses hot for drugs, will they be able to stay in the military.

I have been told alot of things on this subject and would like to know what happens in your area. I am told that E-4 and below are busted down, and some stay in the military. E-5 and above are busted down and out of the military.

Thats the army's policy, E-4 an below will be allowed to stay in, depending on the substance you tested positive for, E-5 and above given the boot.Dont ever piss hot in the military, not only will you kiss your career goodbye but from what I was told it also shows up as a federal drug conviction. Two soldiers in my unit (when i was still in) failed their UI's one for weed, the other coke. The coke head was ETS'n anyway so he just got a field grade article 15 an was on his way. The weed head also recieved same punishment but was allowed to remain in.:eek:

1depd is offline Veteran Member 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I ran into several people during the manning crunch of the late '90's who had tested positive. They were allowed to lose all rank, go to jail, then stay in, normally in something like the education office, where if they screwed up again their mistake wouldn't cost anybody their life. When talking with these people it seemed up until that point they had outstanding EPR's and no other discipline problems.

bayareahopeful is offline Senior Member bayareahopeful has a reputation beyond repute bayareahopeful has a reputation beyond repute bayareahopeful has a reputation beyond repute bayareahopeful has a reputation beyond repute bayareahopeful has a reputation beyond repute bayareahopeful has a reputation beyond repute bayareahopeful has a reputation beyond repute bayareahopeful has a reputation beyond repute bayareahopeful has a reputation beyond repute bayareahopeful has a reputation beyond repute bayareahopeful has a reputation beyond repute
    When I was in (only got out last year), we had a kid pop on a piss test. Kicker is that we were in Australia, he was at a house party, cops busted it for drugs, he got caught up in it. When he was retrieved his story was that he had asked for a cigarette and someone gave him a home rolled one (common there), and he said it tasted funny. His story wasy BS; Since he was our boot he had told us that he was previously a low level drug dealer, which we believed. HOWEVER, it comes down to commander's discretion. Because of the fact that his urinalysis was consistent with one time use (we'd been in the field for a month prior), and the kid was promising as hell otherwise, the Bn Commander gave him another shot, sent him to another company and busted him down a rank. We fought it as much as we could, but it was out of our hands. Just goes to show you how the most self-righteous people about upholding standards will bend the rules when they can.

BTW, this was USMC, grunt unit. Oh and the kid popped on a urinalysis about a year and a half later. Got booted.

madsnax is offline Banned madsnax has a reputation beyond repute madsnax has a reputation beyond repute madsnax has a reputation beyond repute madsnax has a reputation beyond repute madsnax has a reputation beyond repute madsnax has a reputation beyond repute madsnax has a reputation beyond repute madsnax has a reputation beyond repute madsnax has a reputation beyond repute madsnax has a reputation beyond repute madsnax has a reputation beyond repute
    Why throw it away for drugs??

Just pound some beers...

jeez.

AFSNCO is offline Junior Member AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute AFSNCO has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeLock
    We've had guys up here test postive and just get busted down, I think it's more of the commanders discretion... I know in my squadron, with our current commander, you'd be a civilian. This man has zero, and I mean zero tolerance for anything. You don't even want to get a traffic ticket on base with this guy...

It may also depend on your career field. In my experience people are given treatment before discharge. But discharge always followed. And I do not have a problem with that as I am old school MSgt. I also want to come home after shift in one piece and not in a body bag due to a plane crash because they were high when then put a part in backwards or they were going through the DTs while working with a nuke. We have been given a great level of trust and drugs does not fit into this picture.

AFSNCO

james13f is offline Banned ...psych! james13f has a reputation beyond repute james13f has a reputation beyond repute james13f has a reputation beyond repute james13f has a reputation beyond repute james13f has a reputation beyond repute james13f has a reputation beyond repute james13f has a reputation beyond repute james13f has a reputation beyond repute james13f has a reputation beyond repute james13f has a reputation beyond repute james13f has a reputation beyond repute
    From what I've seen in the Army world, most of it is normally Battalion (or higher) Command's descretion...

Most of the time E-4 or lower = busted all the way down, PERHAPS you get to stay in after a bunch of courses and treatment... most likely the boot though...

E-5 and higher... they'll slam you as hard as possible. All the way down, and out for sure... maybe even some jail time if they decide to throw additional charges at you, direlection of duty, failure to follow a direct order, conduct unbecoming, etc. etc...
    -james

RIP Officers Shelton and Clark, 3/31/07

"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us. What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."

gooddawg is offline mainedawg gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute gooddawg has a reputation beyond repute
    From what I see with the Army regulation is if a soldier comes in for treatment they may be able to stay. If they are caught "hot" they are processed out. This has alot to do with what they are "hot" for also.

SHAACTION is offline Senior Member SHAACTION is infamous around these parts SHAACTION is infamous around these parts SHAACTION is infamous around these parts SHAACTION is infamous around these parts SHAACTION is infamous around these parts SHAACTION is infamous around these parts SHAACTION is infamous around these parts SHAACTION is infamous around these parts SHAACTION is infamous around these parts SHAACTION is infamous around these parts SHAACTION is infamous around these parts
    Not quite true. If you piss hot and you are a USAF officer than yes...you will be a civilian very soon. But enlisted, especially if you are a Tech Sgt and below... there is a good possibility you'll get a second chance. Your commander will refer you for help in most cases and you will be busted down in rank. The bust will depends on the substance used and the responsibility you hold. But you will get busted. Now if you piss hot again as an enlisted, you are done!

JakeLock is offline Draggin' ***... JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute JakeLock has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    It may also depend on your career field. In my experience people are given treatment before discharge. But discharge always followed. And I do not have a problem with that as I am old school MSgt. I also want to come home after shift in one piece and not in a body bag due to a plane crash because they were high when then put a part in backwards or they were going through the DTs while working with a nuke. We have been given a great level of trust and drugs does not fit into this picture.

AFSNCO

I fully agree with you, one time should be enough. A discharge should always follow, but I think this whole new kindler gentler Air Force has some issues...

Edit: I should add, now that the AF is looking to drop 40,000 people over the next few years, being late to work will probably get you kicked out! So drugs should be an automatic disharge.
    Last edited by JakeLock; 08-12-06 at 12:28 PM.

Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAACTION
    Not quite true. If you piss hot and you are a USAF officer than yes...you will be a civilian very soon.

I've seen otherwise. In my own squadron as a matter of fact... Had a few officers get caught. They retained their rank and were both just moved to different squadrons... I know this to be truth because they got caught by downtown agencies and were remanded to AF custody. It was basically swept under the rug.

16. This ad will disappear if you login