Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    wnttobegapo is offline Junior Member wnttobegapo is on a distinguished road

Georgia P.O.S.T. Entrance Exam

Is the P.O.S.T. exam that i can take in Atlanta for Correctional Officer the same as P.O.S.T. exam for police officer.if so how long is it good for?

ngcsubutterbar is offline Veteran Member ngcsubutterbar has a reputation beyond repute ngcsubutterbar has a reputation beyond repute ngcsubutterbar has a reputation beyond repute ngcsubutterbar has a reputation beyond repute ngcsubutterbar has a reputation beyond repute ngcsubutterbar has a reputation beyond repute ngcsubutterbar has a reputation beyond repute ngcsubutterbar has a reputation beyond repute ngcsubutterbar has a reputation beyond repute ngcsubutterbar has a reputation beyond repute ngcsubutterbar has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    moving this to a better forum than chat help.

I have never had anything to do with the Atlanta area, others would be more helpful. You may want to clarify though. Do you mean taking APD's test, the GA POST jailers test, the GA POST Basic Peace Officer's test, or something else?

It's been a couple years, but if I remember right, your GA POST Peace Officer certification exam is good for 18 months (to get hired and truly certified) before you have to take the whole course over again. The GA POST Jailers certification and test used to be an entirely different animal and they were not the same. I had heard rumors of the jail test not being given anymore, but I know nothing about it.
    Last edited by ngcsubutterbar; 12-14-08 at 10:53 PM.
    GeorgiaCarry.Org and NRA member

Vi et Consilio

3. This ad will disappear if you login