Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    wisco is offline Banned wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute

Giving Rx= felony?

Was reading this thread: I need this question answerd by a police officer PLEASE

Giving someone your prescription meds is a felony?? Holy crap! That just doesn't seem right. I could imagine getting an Rx constantly refilled to sell it on the street or something might constitute a felony.

I have psoriasis and years ago I tried every over the counter medication I could find to no avail. Unbeknownst to me at the time my stepfather had psoriasis as well, so once when visiting my mother she gave me some of his prescription clobetasol priopronate to put on my skin (it's technically a steroid, but a topical one). It worked, and I'll be damned if it wasn't the ONLY thing that worked.

The next time I saw my doctor I told him the above story and he wrote me an Rx for the same stuff... he never told me I comitted a crime... and to be honest I really don't feel like I did. I cannot imagine being charged with a felony for that.

retdetsgt is online now Back in my day!!!! retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    It's not a felony if the medication doesn't contain any controlled substances. Skin creams rarely contain any.

Here's an alphabetical list of them.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/sc...c_cs_alpha.pdf
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't it. And what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grampa Simpson

My Little Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Doc View Post
    You just gotta realize he is hard of hearing and cranky, and try to speak up more clearly next time and make it perfectly clear what you were saying so there is no misinterpretation. You gotta try not to get mad at the old guy, recognizing the issue at hand.

wisco is offline Banned wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute wisco has a reputation beyond repute
    Ahhh ok. I was under the impression that ALL Rx meds were controlled substances... hence the reason the they are available by Rx only.

If this is the case... then WHY in the flip do I need to pay for a doctor visit to get an Rx for some skin ointment?? Frickin health industry......

retdetsgt is online now Back in my day!!!! retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Beats me.... I guess they're afraid they'll be over used or something. I suppose some could be dangerous if not used properly.

Up until about 1990, all acid blockers you buy over the counter now for 6 or 7 bucks were prescription and cost nearly 100 dollars. I had an ulcer in the late 80's and paid an arm and a leg for them. About the time the ulcer healed, they went UTC and the price was about 10% of what they were.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't it. And what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grampa Simpson

My Little Buddy
    You just gotta realize he is hard of hearing and cranky, and try to speak up more clearly next time and make it perfectly clear what you were saying so there is no misinterpretation. You gotta try not to get mad at the old guy, recognizing the issue at hand.

Sgt. Slaughter is offline Veteran Member Sgt. Slaughter has a reputation beyond repute Sgt. Slaughter has a reputation beyond repute Sgt. Slaughter has a reputation beyond repute Sgt. Slaughter has a reputation beyond repute Sgt. Slaughter has a reputation beyond repute Sgt. Slaughter has a reputation beyond repute Sgt. Slaughter has a reputation beyond repute Sgt. Slaughter has a reputation beyond repute Sgt. Slaughter has a reputation beyond repute Sgt. Slaughter has a reputation beyond repute Sgt. Slaughter has a reputation beyond repute
    In AZ, possession or use of a prescription drug that isn't yours is a misdemeanor.

2 felonies involve prescriptions here: 1: possess a prescription-only drug for sale, and 2: Unless the person is authorized, transport for sale, import into this state or offer to transport for sale or import into this state, sell, transfer or offer to sell or transfer a prescription-only drug.

ARS 13-3406
    Of every one hundred men, ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the One... One of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others back.

"Wrong door, buddy!"

Let no man's ghost say my training failed him.

Rlong1985 is offline Behind the green door. Rlong1985 has a reputation beyond repute Rlong1985 has a reputation beyond repute Rlong1985 has a reputation beyond repute Rlong1985 has a reputation beyond repute Rlong1985 has a reputation beyond repute Rlong1985 has a reputation beyond repute Rlong1985 has a reputation beyond repute Rlong1985 has a reputation beyond repute Rlong1985 has a reputation beyond repute Rlong1985 has a reputation beyond repute Rlong1985 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    This thread stems from my comments to the other poster. I should not have made such a bold statement to him when what I meant to go after was the pain medications and not every prescription in the book. RETDETSGT helped me out and got the correct information out while teaching me a thing or two.

ChesCopPodz is offline Verifier ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Non-controlled substances are legal to give away. I may still shy away from selling a prescription drug to another person. Im not clear on those laws.

If a husband gave a prescription painkiller to his wife when she had a massive migraine, I don't care. What the poster in the other thread did was SELL a controlled substance pain killer to another person.
    Pittsburgh Pirates- 1st place NL Central 7/15/11

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards wont get away this time

An amateur will train until they get it right. A professional will train until they can't get it wrong.

cntryboy0531 is offline You can't 30DF that.... cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesCopPodz View Post
    Non-controlled substances are legal to give away. I may still shy away from selling a prescription drug to another person. Im not clear on those laws.

If a husband gave a prescription painkiller to his wife when she had a massive migraine, I don't care. What the poster in the other thread did was SELL a controlled substance pain killer to another person.
    Exactly. Spirit of the law, vs. letter of the law. The other thread, the poster's "friend" did something very illegal, for someone who is getting high on the drug.
    "I would rather my boss give me a butt kicking for being over the top than a eulogy for not being thorough!" ~~~~~ Aussie George

"It's an American police station. Guns are easier to find than a working stapler." ~~~~~ smcc366

phantasm is offline Veteran Member phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    In NY possessing a prescription drug that isn't yours is a misdemeanor (criminal possession controlled substance 7 degree). In NY giving a prescription drug to someone else, by letter of the law, is sale, and a felony (criminal sale controlled substance, unsure which degree). Would we arrest someone for giving something certain prescriptions to someone else? Probably not. Would we if it was vicodin or oxcycotin? Possibly. Don't be that worried.
    DONLON
    I mean, we're getting killed for these people and they don't even appreciate it. They think it's a big joke.

Interesting Info

An education in debating

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    In Oregon, if it's not on the controlled substance list, no one cares. Like Wisco said, it would be ridiculous to arrest someone for illegal possession of a skin cream used to treat eczema, IMO. I have a prescription for that and I doubt dopers are going to line up to buy it from me..... But it is great stuff if you have a rash.....

Personally, I think the FDA is in cahoots with a lot of drug companies on that. If it's prescription, they can get a lot more money for it. The example I gave about acid blockers is classic. They were prescription for years, did nothing but slow down the production of acid in the stomach and cost about 90 bucks for a month's supply in 1988. A couple of years later, they were made over the counter and the price dropped to about 7 dollars for the same amount. I doubt the cost of production went down that much. Same with the skin cream I use. It cost about $20 for a little tube as a prescription, if it were OTC, I bet it would be about 5 bucks or less.

That's why I never got that excited about possession of any drug unless it was on DEA list.

My Little Buddy

11. This ad will disappear if you login