Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    hwpd is offline Veteran Member hwpd has a reputation beyond repute hwpd has a reputation beyond repute hwpd has a reputation beyond repute hwpd has a reputation beyond repute hwpd has a reputation beyond repute hwpd has a reputation beyond repute hwpd has a reputation beyond repute hwpd has a reputation beyond repute hwpd has a reputation beyond repute hwpd has a reputation beyond repute hwpd has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2

Video: man shoots himself inside jail. RATED R

Always search your prisoners, because that deputy might have found himself on the other end as well.

This video is rated R- restricted.
    18+ ONLY. Oh and if you have weak stomach, do not watch this.
    You've been warned.

STORY
    Calif. Man Shoots Cop Then Kills Self While in Custody
    SAN BERNARDINO: The sheriff says he wasn't searched properly. The suicide was videotaped

By TIM GRENDA AND IMRAN GHORI / The San Bernardino Press-Enterprise

MUSCOY, Calif. -- A man who shot and wounded a San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy during a traffic stop in Muscoy on Friday morning killed himself an hour later while alone inside a sheriff's interview room with a pistol he apparently sneaked into the building, officials said.

Sheriff Gary Penrod said officers failed to adequately search the man, identified by the San Bernardino County Coroner's office as Ricardo Alfonso Cerna, 47, of San Bernardino.

The deputy shot during the traffic stop, Mike Parham, 31, is in critical but stable condition and is expected to recover, officials said.

In an extraordinary move, a 13-minute surveillance-camera video that included footage of the man's suicide was shown by the Sheriff's Department to reporters, the leaders of local Latino groups and officials from the Mexican consulate to quash any questions regarding the department's treatment of Hispanic subjects.

The video shows Cerna pulling a .45-caliber handgun from his pants and firing one shot into his left temple.

"The best way to dispel any rumors was to have the media view this tape," said Undersheriff Bob Peppler.

The video, which sheriff's officials said was unedited, begins with Cerna being brought into an interview room where Sheriff's Sgt. Bobby Dean uncuffed him and had him sit in a chair in front of a table.

Cerna, looking tired and disheveled, only spoke briefly and in Spanish, replying to questions from Dean.

He leaned down on the table on his right arm for much of the time, occasionally rubbing his head, his nose and eyes with his hand, and coughing a few times. His eyes were downcast, only looking up a couple times when speaking to Dean. He responded with a short, tired laugh when Dean asked him the Spanish word for wallet and he responded " cartera."

At one point, Dean took Cerna out of the interview room for about four minutes to have his fingerprints scanned electronically. The man was brought back shortly because the machine wasn't working at the time, officials said.

Shortly after they returned, someone brought in a bottle of water and a cup of coffee for Dean. Dean stepped out of the room, leaving Cerna alone.

Cernasat down with his back against the wall, took the cap off the water bottle, took two gulps, and put the bottle down. He started breathing heavily, pulled a large handgun from the front of his pants with his left hand and shot himself in the left temple.

The video ended with an expletive from Dean off camera.

Search called inadequate
    Last edited by Switchback; 12-20-04 at 11:26 PM.
    In God We Trust!!!
    Police Explorer

If you approve or disapprove this post, feel free to add or deduct my reputation points. Let's make a use of the new system that RP.net introduced to us.

Norm357 is offline I'm too sexy for my shirt Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    WHat a co inky dink. This vid was deleted once allready today. Thanks for posting, I missed it the first time around.
    "In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

Sheriff, we are coming for you.

No, I am not an expert, but I am a fat guy who likes to eat.

http://www.aspca.org/images/content/...der/575925.jpg
    www.iCuban.com

Buckeye581 is offline Senior Member Buckeye581 is a glorious beacon of light Buckeye581 is a glorious beacon of light Buckeye581 is a glorious beacon of light Buckeye581 is a glorious beacon of light Buckeye581 is a glorious beacon of light
    Holy crap! Someone wasnt doin their job!

Wifeofadeputy is offline Banned Wifeofadeputy has a reputation beyond repute Wifeofadeputy has a reputation beyond repute Wifeofadeputy has a reputation beyond repute Wifeofadeputy has a reputation beyond repute Wifeofadeputy has a reputation beyond repute Wifeofadeputy has a reputation beyond repute Wifeofadeputy has a reputation beyond repute Wifeofadeputy has a reputation beyond repute Wifeofadeputy has a reputation beyond repute Wifeofadeputy has a reputation beyond repute Wifeofadeputy has a reputation beyond repute
    I just dont understand how they didnt search him, again and again and again .... especially after hed just shot a deputy!

lindat2957 is offline Venomous lindat2957 has a reputation beyond repute lindat2957 has a reputation beyond repute lindat2957 has a reputation beyond repute lindat2957 has a reputation beyond repute lindat2957 has a reputation beyond repute lindat2957 has a reputation beyond repute lindat2957 has a reputation beyond repute lindat2957 has a reputation beyond repute lindat2957 has a reputation beyond repute lindat2957 has a reputation beyond repute lindat2957 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L3
    Verified LEO
    I do believe what Dean said pretty much sums it up. Holy ****! You can never search someone too many times.
    Explorer Advisor

Switchback is offline Just milling around... Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    I deleted the vid, as I see no advantage to having it here. The story will suffice. Seeing a guy shoot himself does not make the need to search anyone any more important. I think we all know that a loss of life, in and of itself, speaks to that in volumes. Furthermore, I do not believe that we need to see the video to know that the cops can thank God that they were not hurt or killed by this guy.

I know that ite video is readily available elsewhere. I just don't see the need for having it here. If you need to know where to find it, talk to hwpd. I may know another site that has it as well.
    We bring evil things to evil people, kicking in a door near you!

."In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But,
    in practice, there is."

- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like
    an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig
    was'committed'."

-unknown

Working on a PhD in CQB one doorway at a time.

When the wolf attacks, he will find not all who run with the flock are sheep!

Samuel is offline Fascist Samuel has disabled reputation
    Verified LEO
    Can someone tell me the title and extension of the file? Then I can Google for it... Thanks.

oscarmitre is offline Ambling with a Purpose oscarmitre has disabled reputation
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Good call Switch.

chewy is offline Stay Alert, Stay Alive!! chewy has a reputation beyond repute chewy has a reputation beyond repute chewy has a reputation beyond repute chewy has a reputation beyond repute chewy has a reputation beyond repute chewy has a reputation beyond repute chewy has a reputation beyond repute chewy has a reputation beyond repute chewy has a reputation beyond repute chewy has a reputation beyond repute chewy has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Wow, Someone's in deep ****.
    I am a Paladin, like the warriors of old, ready to stand on the line to keep others safe... A Sheep Dog, ready to protect the herd from advancing wolves!

pieface killa is offline Junior Member pieface killa is on a distinguished road
    That video/story is from 2003 I'm suprised its still floating around as new news.

Samuel is offline Fascist Samuel has disabled reputation
    Verified LEO
    Ok, I got it. Good training material.

Legoate is offline Avatar Stolen Legoate has a reputation beyond repute Legoate has a reputation beyond repute Legoate has a reputation beyond repute Legoate has a reputation beyond repute Legoate has a reputation beyond repute Legoate has a reputation beyond repute Legoate has a reputation beyond repute Legoate has a reputation beyond repute Legoate has a reputation beyond repute Legoate has a reputation beyond repute Legoate has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Im sure the department in question is being sued by the idiots family for not providing a safe environment for him and "allowing" him to kill himself.

Friggin legal system....
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightshooter
    Your selective outrage is hypocritical. Don't you have an anti-war rally to attend where you can go burn some American flags with your hippie buddies?

S43riff is offline Veteran Member S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    yeah but id like the video for training purposes...is there an area he CAN put it?
    Thats a big officer/public safety issue.
    In god we trust...all others keep your hands where I can see them.

CityOfChicago is offline Veteran Member CityOfChicago has a reputation beyond repute CityOfChicago has a reputation beyond repute CityOfChicago has a reputation beyond repute CityOfChicago has a reputation beyond repute CityOfChicago has a reputation beyond repute CityOfChicago has a reputation beyond repute CityOfChicago has a reputation beyond repute CityOfChicago has a reputation beyond repute CityOfChicago has a reputation beyond repute CityOfChicago has a reputation beyond repute CityOfChicago has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    You wanna know about co-winky-dink? My brother and this dep are friends, the two of them and my dad all werk for SBSD, and My dad was in the building when the shooting happened.

christrue is offline Veteran Member christrue has a reputation beyond repute christrue has a reputation beyond repute christrue has a reputation beyond repute christrue has a reputation beyond repute christrue has a reputation beyond repute christrue has a reputation beyond repute christrue has a reputation beyond repute christrue has a reputation beyond repute christrue has a reputation beyond repute christrue has a reputation beyond repute christrue has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Poetic Justice? Perhaps a good sense of guilt??
    'I say, 'Innocence has its virtues!''

16. This ad will disappear if you login

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast