Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

Closed Thread
    lain is offline Junior Member lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts

Question To Protect and Serve...

I've recently noticed that police cars no longer have the "To Protect and Serve" on their cars. Does this mean that cops no longer protect citizens? It kind of scares me that they would do that. If they do then why would they take that off?

Citicop is offline The Original Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Maybe because it's cheaper not to put it there.

Do you really think that having a slogan written on a police car was the only reason that police were protecting people?

-Citicop.
    Sometimes there's Justice...
    and sometimes, there's Just Us
    1*

In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by lain View Post
    I've recently noticed that police cars no longer have the "To Protect and Serve" on their cars. Does this mean that cops no longer protect citizens? It kind of scares me that they would do that. If they do then why would they take that off?
    Departments' logos are whatever the administrators of the department want. Common sense should tell you any specific logo doesn't change the job description, and if you believe that having that not printed on police cars means police don't serve and protect then your opinion of law enforcement is probably already biased.

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

lain is offline Junior Member lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts lain is infamous around these parts
    No but it's more of a comfort thing to me. Meaning that having friendly things like that would make them seem more "human" if that's the right word rather than, "I'm waiting for you to do bad".

retdetsgt is online now Back in my day!!!! retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    If mottoes make you more comfortable, that's pretty shallow.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't it. And what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grampa Simpson

My Little Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Doc View Post
    You just gotta realize he is hard of hearing and cranky, and try to speak up more clearly next time and make it perfectly clear what you were saying so there is no misinterpretation. You gotta try not to get mad at the old guy, recognizing the issue at hand.

Big Sexy is offline Most Diabolical Poster Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by lain View Post
    No but it's more of a comfort thing to me. Meaning that having friendly things like that would make them seem more "human" if that's the right word rather than, "I'm waiting for you to do bad".
    You need a hug...a father figure...or something, if you're serious with this question.
    BIG SEXY says - "When life hands you lemons, take those same lemons & smash them into lifes' ugly *** mugg!! That'll learn'em to give you lemons."

Thanks for the quick reply's. isn't our country built on motto's? "I have a dream" "Hope" "In God we trust" . @Big Sexy. I never had a father, and i keep a gun with me to keep me safe. My question was just about protecting and serving. Idk how it got to my father..

Citicop is offline The Original Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Your question was not really about protecting and serving. It was about a slogan on the side of a police car. Written in Vinyl Graphics. Did you think that the detectives (who drive unmarked cars) were not protecting and serving before this change?
    1*

Ok if it's about vinyl and graphics. Why put anything on the cars police lights are enough for people to know who they are and you would save thousands. Also it seems cops are intimidating so you can't ask questions is this true or not?

Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    People ask me questions at work all the time. In fact, I can remember very few meals I have eaten in uniform that were not interrupted at some point by someone asking me a question. (This doesn't upset me... it's just the nature of the job...)

And we mark our cars so you know who's cars they are. We aren't the only nearby police department, so we want people to know when it's us and not the county police, state highway patrol, or some other nearby department.
    1*

oh cool your a good cop and that would make sense. When you walk up to most of the ones here they put their hand on their gun and i walk past.

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by retdetsgt
    If mottoes make you more comfortable, that's pretty shallow.
    Couldn't agree more!

Asked and answered, moving on...

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

13. This ad will disappear if you login