Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    fisher123 is offline Junior Member fisher123 is on a distinguished road

Laws against pellet guns in Texas?

I live in Katy Texas ( edge of Houston), and I recently bought a 1000 fps Ruger Air Hawk pelet gun for shooting pests in my backyard. My question is if it is legal to be shootting it in my backyard or on the bayou behind my house. I cant find any real evidence supporting if this is legal or not. Basically Im just asking for some proof if its legal to shoot it on my own house (private propety) , and this may be pushing it, but taking it to the local bayou and shooting stuff there. I am 16 years old if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Fort Bend county, border lined to Harris county if that helps.

txinvestigator1 is offline what me, worry? txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Texas law does not make that unlawful.

Here are your Katy city ordinances; Franklin Legal Publishing

ARTICLE 7.200 DISCHARGE OF FIREARMS, AIR RIFLES AND OTHER PROJECTILES PROHIBITED*
    It shall be unlawful to discharge any firearm, air rifle, pellet gun, BB gun, carbon dioxide (CO2) gun, bow, crossbow, or so-called hunting slingshot so that the projectile therefrom crosses any public property, or crosses any thoroughfare or property line within the City of Katy, Texas; except that such may be discharged by any party upon his own property and upon the property of another only when acting in such other person's presence and with permission.

You should read Texas law regarding protection of animals. Google Texas Penal Code
    "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final" --Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Thanks alot, though kind of a let down heh. So basically I'm allowed to shoot it from my property, and making sure the bullet stays on my property, and nothing else?

5. This ad will disappear if you login