Greetings to all, and a happy Labor Day!
I have questions regarding an opening with NSA as an Investigator; having already done a search on here for this position I found that there hasn’t been a new thread for some time and I was hoping for current or first-hand information. Anything anyone might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.
1. Typical job duties. Some previous postings have referred to the Investigator position as one of a background investigator and polygrapher. This current posting details a more 1811-type position with actual investigation responsibility. Any current data?
2. The salary range for this position is $89,033-$155,500. Coming from inside of the federal government, would pay matching be likely? Obviously, from one job to the next, no one wants to have a drop in salary.
3. OT opportunities? Travel? Or, will is this position based at HQ with limited opportunities to be out and about?
4. While I recognize that this is not a typical 1811-type position, what are the LE benefits of this position? Is there a firearms requirement, and if so, is off-duty carry authorized? Are statutory powers of arrest authorized? I am aware that this positioned is credentialed as a “Special Agent”, but am unaware of actual responsibilities awarded by the agency.
5. Without going into any specifics, obviously to avoid any OPSEC-related concerns, is there any type of career progression within this job field or will you be an Investigator for the entirety of your career? Also, are there any other opportunities which are available which can broaden the opportunities for personnel?
As usual – thanks for all of your help. If you’d like to send a private message instead of posting to the group, that would be fine as well. I appreciate any insight that anyone might have regarding this position.