RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fletc UPTP

cheezsta is offline Junior Member cheezsta is on a distinguished road

Fletc UPTP

Hey folks,

Will be headed to Glynco soon, just wondering if anyone has any insight on what to expect classroom, PT (ORT), basically what a typical day is like. I have read some of the other threads but not much insight as to which program the Amtrak PD attends. I was told it would be UPTP but the other threads explained they are all different and formatted by your parent organization (Amtrak). My investigator hasnt given me much info, just to be ready they should be given me a call soon, just waiting for an opening. Any Amtrak PD folks on here? Any folks have Amtrak PD in there class? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

1depd is offline Veteran Member 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute 1depd has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Who told you you would be going to UPTP? If it was someone at the agency, then that is where you will be going. It is my understanding that UPTP is a general course, similar to CITP. After the general course you should receive agency specific training.

Disclaimer: I have not gone to UPTP OR CITP, but I have spent time in FLETC.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

Translation for the intellectually challenged: If the government screws the people too much, it is the right and duty of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Who is John Galt?

FedRecruit82 is offline Junior Member FedRecruit82 is on a distinguished road
    I am currently in UPTP down at FLETC right now and I have two Amtrak PD guys that are in our class right now, and I also know that other classes have AMTRAK guys as well. As for whatever Agency Specific training you get, all I know is that whatever it is, you guys don't do it at FLETC.

Hope this helps

cheezsta is offline Junior Member cheezsta is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FedRecruit82 View Post
    I am currently in UPTP down at FLETC right now and I have two Amtrak PD guys that are in our class right now, and I also know that other classes have AMTRAK guys as well. As for whatever Agency Specific training you get, all I know is that whatever it is, you guys don't do it at FLETC.

Hope this helps
    How far along are you guys in the academy, i believe the guys in there with you are going to New Haven. Myself and and another person should be going next as soon as you guys finish. I have questions if you have the time to answer them.
    Thanks I will pm you.

FedRecruit82 is offline Junior Member FedRecruit82 is on a distinguished road
    PM sent!

45-70 is offline Junior Member 45-70 is on a distinguished road
    I attended and graduated UPTP at Glynco in 2007. Half of our class was USSS while the other half was a mixed bag. We had uniformed officers from FBI, US Supreme Court, DLA, DIA, Amtrak, Hoover Dam, US Coast Guard and one guy from the National Zoo Police! Some of the guys were done when they completed FLETC while other had further agency training. I do not remember if our Amtrak Cop had any further training. I know the USSS and Supreme Court police had further training to complete.

7. This ad will disappear if you login