Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fletc Uptp

Hopeful07 is offline Junior Member Hopeful07 is on a distinguished road

Fletc Uptp

Just curious about this program. I am headed to FLETC in November and I was looking for someone with first hand experience to give me a basic over view of the day to day things I will encounter. Thanks.

Sierra is offline ICE, ICE baby! Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    What is Uptp? :confused:
    You're allowed to have a life, you know. I read it in a manual somewhere. - Eugene Matuzak - Timecop

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    What is Uptp? :confused:
    I usually refer people back to the Common Federal Acronyms list, but that wasn't listed. It's updated now. ;)

UPTP is the Uniformed Police Training Program at FLETC. It's training for federal uniformed LEOs.

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

Motorolanut is offline Senior Member Motorolanut has a reputation beyond repute Motorolanut has a reputation beyond repute Motorolanut has a reputation beyond repute Motorolanut has a reputation beyond repute Motorolanut has a reputation beyond repute Motorolanut has a reputation beyond repute Motorolanut has a reputation beyond repute Motorolanut has a reputation beyond repute Motorolanut has a reputation beyond repute Motorolanut has a reputation beyond repute Motorolanut has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO

Wink Uptp

I was there in 2005 for MPBTP..Which was the Mixed Police Basic Training Program...Now know as UPTP.....What do you want to know??? PM me please:p

Haulndak is offline Junior Member Haulndak is on a distinguished road
    Just FYI... but FLETC for the most part has switched back to 6 day work weeks. The good news is you get back home faster and alot of agencies will pay you overtime every week for that 6th class day.... bad news is less time to visit St Simons on the weekends. ha

Sierra is offline ICE, ICE baby! Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute Sierra has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Jeckyl (sp?) Island has a better beach from what I have seen.
    You're allowed to have a life, you know. I read it in a manual somewhere. - Eugene Matuzak - Timecop

kennyusmc1 is offline Junior Member kennyusmc1 is on a distinguished road
    Verified LEO
    I am currently at FLETC in LMPT and i can tell you quite a bit about the UTPT program . Their program is a 5 weeks shorter than ours but has a quite a few of the same things. PM me
    Also if you want to start studying or listen to the legal podcasts you will be well ahead of the game for the 4th Ammend classes and tests. I can link the website, on the left you will see practice exams , podcasts , and some articles. to go to the website remove the space between .gov & /training
    fletc.gov /training/programs/legal-division

fed08 is offline Junior Member fed08 has a reputation beyond repute fed08 has a reputation beyond repute fed08 has a reputation beyond repute fed08 has a reputation beyond repute fed08 has a reputation beyond repute fed08 has a reputation beyond repute fed08 has a reputation beyond repute fed08 has a reputation beyond repute fed08 has a reputation beyond repute fed08 has a reputation beyond repute fed08 has a reputation beyond repute
    I'm heading for UPTP in February. What is the PT like? What is the "average" day like? What is the percentage between classroom and practical excercises?

kennyusmc1 is offline Junior Member kennyusmc1 is on a distinguished road
    Verified LEO
    Training days are split up pretty good , you might have the pistol range for 2 hours , then legal for 2 hours, then lunch then patrol skills for 2 or tactics for 2. They keep things pretty interesting, sometimes you will have 4 hour blocks like patrol or emergency driving .

PT is done different for a few programs like yours and mine:
    Our LMPT / UPTP do what is called ORT or officer response training. Basically the blocks are broken up into a few different areas such as weapon retention, ground defense, and so on.
    You can figure about a 10 minute student lead stretch then around 1 hour and 50 minutes of cross fit training along with the defensive tactics. we tend to do our thrashings in the mat room others run a lot more, but what we might do is sprint a 100 meters on the track , do prone handcuffing, sprint a 100 meters, do kneeling handcuffing , do a weapons retrieval from a kneeling , sprint 100 meters and do a search incident to arrest , go back in the mat room sprawl and so on .... not too bad time flies but you will be soaking wet and dog tired. Lots of student on student contact at around 60% force, but you get people getting a little crazy trying to hurt another student.

10. This ad will disappear if you login