Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Zantar is offline Senior Member Zantar is on a distinguished road

Federal Reserve Police

I see Federal Reserve police almost every day because of my job and I was just wondering if anyone knew what kind of training they go through and what kind of pay they get. Looks like a pretty laid back job for the most part, and pretty boring probably as all they seem to do is check people in and out of the buidling and probably they do rounds inside the building. Basically the same thing I did when I was a security guard.

My partner said that one of these Fed Reserve guys told him that although they are guarding a Federal building they are not fed employees themselves, which is kind of interesting. My partner didn't press him for details. If they are not Federal employees maybe they are some sort of contracted private security? That seems kind of strange as their uniforms do in fact have the word POLICE on them. Is there such thing as a private policeman? Nobody seems to have anything to say about this.

Norm357 is online now I'm too sexy for my shirt Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    The Federal Reserve in Atlanta does not have police officers. They have security guards. They are not allowed to wear their uniforms outside of the job nor are they allowed to take them home. Same with their weapons.

That is going to change this year as they are becoming 083 Federal Police officers. The job will be the same though. A security gig but with police powers.

Hope this helps.

Norm
    "In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

Sheriff, we are coming for you.

No, I am not an expert, but I am a fat guy who likes to eat.

http://www.aspca.org/images/content/...der/575925.jpg
    www.iCuban.com

zander_zye Guest
    guns gals and beer

What else does a man really need?

(well, a fast car and a nice set of golf clubs always helps!)

Good one Norm!

:D

Heh, the beer comment reminded me that the other day when we went to the Fed one of the guards was puffin' on a stogie while he was doing his job. I was really suprised to see that. I don't know for sure but I would have thought it would be against the rules for a guard to do that. Maybe the night shift has their own "rules", heh.....

Norm357 is online now I'm too sexy for my shirt Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute Norm357 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Zantar, are you a courier?
    "In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

Sheriff, we are coming for you.

No, I am not an expert, but I am a fat guy who likes to eat.

http://www.aspca.org/images/content/...der/575925.jpg
    www.iCuban.com

Yeah, I work for an armored car company.

richjorg is offline CA Correctional Officer richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Zantar

What company do you work for? Do you like it? Is the pay as crummy there as it is in Los Angeles?

Hey, sorry I haven't checked the board in awhile.

I don't want to say what company I work for specifically but I will say it's not one of the big ones.

Do I LIKE it?...... I'm not in love with the job but it's better than alot of stuff out there. If it wasn't for a certain assistant manager it would be alot less stressful.

What do they pay in L.A.? Here the starting pay is 9.50 an hour for the company I work for and another (Larger) company I applied at making me think that is the industry standard in this area. In our company we also get a dollar an hour bonus as long as we don't make any mistakes that cost the company money or miss a day of work, so if you do a good job you basically make 10.50 an hour on your straight time (bonus isn't payed on overtime hours) It's not great pay by any means but is much better than minimum wage.

richjorg is offline CA Correctional Officer richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute richjorg has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    LA pays about 12-15 an hour, but remember that the cost of living is through the roof.

I have been thinking about it, but I will take a significant pay cut. I do accounting now and despise it.

Thanks for the info.

No problem.

One of the advantages of doing the job up here is that I don't have to worry quite as much about being robbed as I would in other places like LA. Not that I don't consider it a possiblility. I take my safety seriously. If I was in LA I think I would be alot more worried about my safety though. If you go for that job, be careful out there man.

Supporting Member L2
    Yeah,

Oddly enough, I actually witnessed an armored truck guard get shot and robbed, but that hasn't swayed me.

Thanks again.

Boo Radley is offline Junior Member Boo Radley is on a distinguished road
    No, the Federal Reserve in Atlanta, and in most areas, employ federal police officers, with coast to coast jurisdiction. Not always the most exciting job, but it can be. We worked in conjunction with them and the secret service during a recent Greenspan visit.

Boo Radley is offline Junior Member Boo Radley is on a distinguished road
    No one in the Federal Reserve is a federal employee. When the Federal Reserve System was devised, it was constructed so that one administration cannot unduly control interest rates or the nation's bank itself. To accomplish this, they made it so that the president appoints a board of governors. Their terms are staggered so that, as mentioned above, one administration does not have too much influence. So while they are employees of a federal institution, the charter of the FRS prevents them from being true federal employees. To make it even fuzzier, they have federal police officers, with unfettered firearms and arrest powers in performance of official duties given to them by the Department of Justice, but even those guys aren't federal employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantar
    My partner said that one of these Fed Reserve guys told him that although they are guarding a Federal building they are not fed employees themselves, which is kind of interesting. My partner didn't press him for details. If they are not Federal employees maybe they are some sort of contracted private security? That seems kind of strange as their uniforms do in fact have the word POLICE on them. Is there such thing as a private policeman? Nobody seems to have anything to say about this.

JudgeDredd is offline Senior Member JudgeDredd is a splendid one to behold JudgeDredd is a splendid one to behold JudgeDredd is a splendid one to behold JudgeDredd is a splendid one to behold JudgeDredd is a splendid one to behold JudgeDredd is a splendid one to behold JudgeDredd is a splendid one to behold
    First off, the Federal Reserve Bank is NOT a federal building, nor are they a federal agency. The constitution banns a full out, fully federal banking system (thank god). One of my guys is also a federal reserve police officer. His juristiction ends at the sidewalk. Ironically, when they were granted "police" status under the Patriot Act, they lost some of their jurisdiction. When they were considered "private security" by the SLMPD, they had to be licensed by such and had the power to give chase in certain instances. The FRB does have some people who have a little more power, but they usually are located in DC and are Special Deputy Marshals. They are not, however, series 0083 Federal Police/Protective Officer. Here, they get paid under $30,000 a year to start and their training consists of an in house academy. That's why they usually look for people with former law enforcement experience.
    Law abiding citizens sleep peacefully in their beds, solely because dedicated men and women stand ready to do violence in their behalf.

16. This ad will disappear if you login

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast