Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    rbaxter is offline Junior Member rbaxter

1811 - GS series pay scale

Last edited by rbaxter; 06-03-06 at 10:13 PM.

Switchback is offline Just milling around... Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    You need to go ti the OPM website. Click here. They handle all the pay issues. On the site you will see a huge number of breakdowns for pay. Look for LE pay with LEAP (Law Enforcement Availability Pay). They should have a breakdown for localities too.

FYI, those of us that get LEAP get a built in 25% extra for being available without getting OT. We can still get OT, but it is a bit complicated to drag out here. Anywho, a GS5 earning LEAP in NY will get 25% more than a standard, non-LEAP GS5.

If you ahev problems finding it, let me know and I will track down the table for you. I am a bit busy right now to do it. Just let me know.
    We bring evil things to evil people, kicking in a door near you!

."In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But,
    in practice, there is."

- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like
    an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig
    was'committed'."

-unknown

Working on a PhD in CQB one doorway at a time.

When the wolf attacks, he will find not all who run with the flock are sheep!

Question

Switchback is offline Just milling around... Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    I don't see LEAP listed as bing included on that chart. I would have to look a little closer to be sure. I'll try tonight or tomorrow... walking out the door right now.

But, yeah, I think is should be about that. I was hired as a GS5 in NYC.. and I made GS7 2 months out of the academy.. so ity starts jumping pretty quick. If I recall, the GS7 was around $36K back then. Then a year later was the GS9, etc...

Some agencies are a little different in the progression to journeyman and the journeyman, for that matter.
    Last edited by Switchback; 09-23-03 at 01:40 PM.

in practice, there is."

was'committed'."

-unknown

Swat1 is offline Veteran Member Swat1 has a reputation beyond repute Swat1 has a reputation beyond repute Swat1 has a reputation beyond repute Swat1 has a reputation beyond repute Swat1 has a reputation beyond repute Swat1 has a reputation beyond repute Swat1 has a reputation beyond repute Swat1 has a reputation beyond repute Swat1 has a reputation beyond repute Swat1 has a reputation beyond repute Swat1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO

GS Payscale

A newly hired GS-5 would start making $33,774 + 25% (LEAP) = $42,217. 1811 GENERALLY works like this

For a brand new hire with no experience -

GS-5 step 1 (start)
    GS-7 step 1 (after one year)
    GS-9 step 1 (after another year)
    GS-11 step 1 (after another year)
    GS-12 step 1 (yet another year)
    GS-13 step 1 (journeyman)

After reaching GS-13 you start receiving step increases as that is the journeyman grade for MOST agencies, however, not all.

FBI starts out at GS-10 then goes 11, 12, 13

USPIS is a little different but in general that is how it goes.

Swat1*

Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    BTW, rbaxter.. I'll not hold that ATF comment against ya!

:D

USMS, BABY!

in practice, there is."

was'committed'."

-unknown

9. This ad will disappear if you login