Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ObtuseAngle is offline Senior Member ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future

FBI Phase One Exam

Hey all,

In the early marathon for the FBI SA hiring process.

1 step of 7 down so far. (I am not holding my breath though)

May: submitted the online application with the FBI
    July: The other day in fact, I got the Phase One exam notice to test in Aug.

2 month turnaround, is this normal?

Also is it common for all/most FBI online applicants to get a exam notice for Phase One test? Or not?

And I heard using the GMAT study guide is great to use for studying for this test.

Follow up please....

bel
    bel is offline Junior Member bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Nothings unusual in the Bureau hiring process. I've seen it take a lot longer for people to get the Phase I notice, but generally about the same amount of time. No, not everyone gets the chance to take Phase I.

If you take and pass Phase I, it's onto the "hurry up and wait" routine, so be ready for things to take awhile. I personally doubt the GMAT study guide would do much to help, and I don't think there are really any study guides (including the ones sent by the Bureau) that will help you prepare.

Good luck!
    SSA Greg Rahoi, EOW 12/6/06

Scorpion3 is offline Junior Member Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute
    Figuratively shot myself in the foot today. I received my notice to take the Phase I but I'm not in the country right now due to deployment. I'll be sending my request to reschedule via certified mail tomorrow. Given the extended processing periods, I figured I would give myself a headstart and apply online now. I wasn't expecting the response to come back so quickly! Man, my heart is breaking as I type my reschedule request.:(

Has anyone else here done something similar? What was the result? Will my chances diminish as a result of this request?:confused:

ObtuseAngle is offline Senior Member ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future ObtuseAngle has a brilliant future

sorry to hear that Scorp3..

Update:
    I took my Phase one exam Aug 9th, dunno if I passed or not. It is one of those test you cannot 'study' for. I will get my results in a few days, my fingers are crossed;)

Not sure about rescheduling the phase one Scorpion3, I guess it might hurt you chance or maybe not - depends on numbers and on the FBI's needs in the future - can you contact someone on that?

I will keep you posted...

Scorpion3 is offline Junior Member Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute Scorpion3 has a reputation beyond repute

thanx ObtuseAngle...

ObtuseAngle:

Thanx for the reply. Good luck with the process. It's a tad bit difficult to call from where I'm at...I think I'll have to wait until I get back from this deployment.

My exam was scheduled for the end of August. I just hope that the hiring goes on through the new fiscal year.

Again, good luck.

Another question...

This question for anyone with similar experience...

I know that all 1811 positions are extremely competitive when it comes to eligibility and quals. I barely made it out of college alive. Now this was over 10 years ago. I've had some corporate accounting and military experience in the mean time.

Has anyone (personally or someone else that you've known) had bad grades also? Did those bad grades DQ anyone before?

bel
    bel is offline Junior Member bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Angle, let us know how you did on the test when you hear. I'd like to know...

Scorpion, it may just take a lot more time to get rescheduled for phase I. Don't discount yourself b/c of your grades in college, I didn't do the greatest either. They will take a hard look at what kind of person you are personally and professionally. Best of luck to you....

Switchback is offline Just milling around... Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    I had to reschedule my Phase I when I was assigned to a 10 week TDY for work (the USMS). It was no problem at all. Suprisingly, they were more than accomodating. I ended up passing Phase I but bowed out, as I didn't have it in me to leave the violent crimes behind. That was the best choice I ever made! Loving life.
    We bring evil things to evil people, kicking in a door near you!

."In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But,
    in practice, there is."

- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like
    an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig
    was'committed'."

-unknown

Working on a PhD in CQB one doorway at a time.

When the wolf attacks, he will find not all who run with the flock are sheep!

thanx again guys...

bel:

Thanx for those encouraging words.

Switchback:

Party on! I don't think I've ever met anyone who was so enthused about their career! I thank God everyday that you are on our side! I hope to join you one day soon.:D

Still waiting..

Update:
    I am still waiting for my test results for the FBI SA phase 1 exam, it has almost been 3 weeks, and nothing yet. I guess no news is good news, hopefully

This is a logically guess: In most cases, is it true that if an applicant fails some sort of civil entry exam, they would received the results sooner than if an applicant passes the exam??

I am just trying to hold hope that I passed phase 1 and not getting my results as of yet could be a good sign.

Anyone relate to this?

Scorps question on grades

My grades in college were not great either, I graduated but I do not brag about my GPA. One word: PARTY..

Not sure if it really matters much, I think your military and accounting experience should make that up. I think the FBH HR looks at the whole applicant.

my 2 cents..

maximuslab is offline Junior Member maximuslab is infamous around these parts maximuslab is infamous around these parts maximuslab is infamous around these parts maximuslab is infamous around these parts maximuslab is infamous around these parts maximuslab is infamous around these parts maximuslab is infamous around these parts maximuslab is infamous around these parts maximuslab is infamous around these parts maximuslab is infamous around these parts maximuslab is infamous around these parts
    2 month turnaround is normal but I've heard of guys waiting almost a year to hear back for a Phase I test.

I am currently in the FBI SA process as well and have my PFT coming up next month (passed Phase II recently), so if you have any questions regarding additional stages just ask. After that I'll have my PSI, poly, med, and then the fun BI!

Good luck!

bel
    Verified LEO
    All depends on whats going on at HQ. When I was going through the process years back it took about a month to find out I passed. Some guys found out much later. Be patient, you'll hear soon enough...

Results are in...

:(
    I called the FBI recruiter today and I got my results. I did not pass the exam.
    O' well, I tried my best. In reality I never though I would have made it this far. I can try one year from now to retest. We will see to that.

I still am in the running with USSS, ICE and FAMS, so all is not lost!

Good luck to anyone else in their hiring process!

I am down but certianly not out!:p

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ObtuseAngle
    I am down but certianly not out!:p
    Good attitude. If you fall off the horse, dust yourself on and get back on. I failed the ICE test last September (and was totally shocked), only to then find out a month or two later that I had passed the test for NCIS.

Persevere and move on (which you seem to be doing already quite well). Good luck.

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

16. This ad will disappear if you login

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast