Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    CPARecruit is offline Junior Member CPARecruit is on a distinguished road
    does getting a masters in criminal justice help your chances with fbi? cpa right now...studying for cfe.

Diggy is offline Ps. 91 Diggy is a glorious beacon of light Diggy is a glorious beacon of light Diggy is a glorious beacon of light Diggy is a glorious beacon of light Diggy is a glorious beacon of light Diggy is a glorious beacon of light
    Verified LEO
    Do a little research on the FBI, and you'll know what they're looking for:

http://www.fbijobs.gov/111.asp

bel
    bel is offline Junior Member bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute bel has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I think that getting your masters in CJ would help your chances with the Bureau and any other Federal agency.
    SSA Greg Rahoi, EOW 12/6/06

djdvine1 is offline Junior Member djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute

FBI Testing

I took the phase one test in Atlanta about 4 months after posting my application. I got a letter saying I passed about 2 weeks later. I moved to Denver and my file has moved to their office. I'm still waiting to take the phase two test. It is killing me to wait this long. Anyone have any advice on how long I can expect to wait to go onto Phase Two?

Thanks
    DA

eff-bee-eye is offline Senior Member eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Short answer is that it really depends on the quality of the pool of candidates in Denver. They are a smaller office, with fewer slots to send to Phase 2. But on the flipside the competition is usually not as tough in those smaller offices, too.

But ballpark guess is 6 months.

djdvine1 is offline Junior Member djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute djdvine1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate some insight. I really thought I had the inside track on getting the phase II nod, becuase of my experience in the military intelligence world. I guess it would be bad to call and plead my case? Perhaps I should just sit tight and wait for my name to come up.

eff-bee-eye is offline Senior Member eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute eff-bee-eye has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by djdvine1 View Post
    Perhaps I should just sit tight and wait for my name to come up.
    Yup. That's the name of the game in the fed hiring process.
    But if you have a military intel background, you will be near the top of the pile. Just keep in mind that it is the beginning of a new fiscal year (Oct) and things will start picking up a little towards the new year. Also, there probably won't be as many agents hired this year as last year, and the last few years.

No Kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by bel View Post
    Nothings unusual in the Bureau hiring process. I've seen it take a lot longer for people to get the Phase I notice, but generally about the same amount of time. No, not everyone gets the chance to take Phase I.

If you take and pass Phase I, it's onto the "hurry up and wait" routine, so be ready for things to take awhile. I personally doubt the GMAT study guide would do much to help, and I don't think there are really any study guides (including the ones sent by the Bureau) that will help you prepare.

Good luck!
    I can tell you right now the study guide that the FBI gives does not help out one bit. Just bone up on your algebra!

m3gatl20n is offline Junior Member m3gatl20n is on a distinguished road

FBI Phase 1 Test Math Advice

Hello All,

First time poster to this site, I am scheduled to take my Phase 1 test in about 3 weeks. I wanted to know what type of math prep book would be best for this test? The prep book that the FBI gives you is overly simple, and from what I hear from a friend who applied that the test is NOTHING like what they give you. Can someone please give some suggestions on what is a good math prep book? Is this test similar to math youll find on a GRE exam or more difficult? Any advice one could give would be awesome.

Its also good to see that you guys are talking about sub par average college grades. I was no A student either mainly cause schooling I found to be quite mundane and boring not really challenging. This position I would totally give it my all. Thanks for Advice.

GrayPatriot is offline Veteran Member GrayPatriot has disabled reputation
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by m3gatl20n View Post
    Hello All,

First time poster to this site, I am scheduled to take my Phase 1 test in about 3 weeks. I wanted to know what type of math prep book would be best for this test?
    I took the test over 3yrs ago and thought it was pretty easy, but then I have taken 4 or 5 college classes where Calc II was a pre req...

It is more difficult than your standard LE test but not by much. If you have a grasp of basic algebra you should be fine.

m3gatl20n is offline Junior Member m3gatl20n is on a distinguished road
    Thanks alot Gray, I appreciate the quick reply. I mean I took alot of math in school as well but the old Algebra stuff tends to slip my mind. Is there any Trig on this? A friend mentioned something about it but I didnt believe that. So If i get some advanced algebra books to touch up I should be ok? Also is getting a GRE Math Book helpfull you think?

GrayPatriot is offline Veteran Member GrayPatriot has disabled reputation
    Verified LEO
    Thanks alot Gray, I appreciate the quick reply. I mean I took alot of math in school as well but the old Algebra stuff tends to slip my mind. Is there any Trig on this? A friend mentioned something about it but I didnt believe that. So If i get some advanced algebra books to touch up I should be ok? Also is getting a GRE Math Book helpfull you think?
    I took it over 3yrs ago so I don't recall about the trig and I took the gre 5yrs ago so I don't know that either. Maybe someone who took it more recently can chime in with a more accurate response.

Sorry about the lack of info.
    Good luck!

Verified LEO
    Hey FBI guys...quick question for ya. I did a search but I could not find the info. But I'm sure it's all here a thousand times over somewhere.
    Anywayz...When in the FBI process/Academy do you get assigned an office and how is it done? Simply by chance for each agent? Preference list?

Thanks guys.
    Be Safe.

Ah...I found it. 6th week in the academy.
    Last edited by EndlessEcko; 08-06-07 at 10:08 PM. Reason: found the answer! I'm Smart! :)

poisonpill is offline Junior Member poisonpill has a reputation beyond repute poisonpill has a reputation beyond repute poisonpill has a reputation beyond repute poisonpill has a reputation beyond repute poisonpill has a reputation beyond repute poisonpill has a reputation beyond repute poisonpill has a reputation beyond repute poisonpill has a reputation beyond repute poisonpill has a reputation beyond repute poisonpill has a reputation beyond repute poisonpill has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO

I think any college math book can help you a lot. The math question range from high school to college level. The main thing I noticed is that you are crunched for time.

You need to learn to skip the problems that take up time and finish them later. I remember there were sections where I had like 10 more problems and the Agent said "one minute left!". I just quickly guessed on the rest and somehow I passed.

Best advice is to go on with your life though. The waiting game takes AGES.

England is offline Junior Member England has a reputation beyond repute England has a reputation beyond repute England has a reputation beyond repute England has a reputation beyond repute England has a reputation beyond repute England has a reputation beyond repute England has a reputation beyond repute England has a reputation beyond repute England has a reputation beyond repute England has a reputation beyond repute England has a reputation beyond repute
    My recruiter emailed me and I am tentatively scheduled for phase I testing on the 23rd of this month. I applied back in January. Not too far in but at least some good news.

16. This ad will disappear if you login