RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Dannyman is offline Junior Member Dannyman will become famous soon enough

When does the FBI Investigate...

Hi,

When the FBI investigates cases such as homicides is that only in smaller citites/counties where local LE doesn't have enough resources to solve it?

Patriot08 is offline Senior Member Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute
    Only when there are TV cameras in close proximity. :D
    Washington- First in war, first in peace, last in the NL East.

In Gibbs We Trust

acreature is offline Do work Son! acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot08
    Only when there are TV cameras in close proximity. :D
    Thats pretty much it :D

Oh, that and Bank Robberies, or whatever.

MOCOP is offline JARHEAD MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Only after the Local or State Guys do all the leg work, follow all the leads, Id suspects and then the Feebies call a press conference / photo op and take credit. :D
    Run you cur! You tell all the other curs the laws comin! You tell em I'm comin! And Hells comin with me!

Patriot08 is offline Senior Member Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute Patriot08 has a reputation beyond repute
    Seriously, though, to answer your question Dannyman, I believe there are only certain instances when they can investigate. Bankrobberies, a crime that crosses state lines, kidnapping (maybe?), and I guess anytime they are asked by the locals. Those are a few that I can think of. I'm not entirely sure, but if I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected after about 3 or 4 pages of jokes about the FBI.

In Gibbs We Trust

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyman
    Hi,

When the FBI investigates cases such as homicides is that only in smaller citites/counties where local LE doesn't have enough resources to solve it?
    The FBI has changed their investigative priorities since 9/11. For more details, check out: http://www.fbi.gov/publications/stra...priorities.pdf

In summary, while they may assist with violent crimes such as homicide if certain conditions are met, this takes a back seat to investigations of terrorism, counter intel, cyber crime, fraud and other "higher priorities".

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

MOCOP is offline JARHEAD MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute MOCOP has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Yeah but the other responses are accurate too. In my expierence :cool:
    Run you cur! You tell all the other curs the laws comin! You tell em I'm comin! And Hells comin with me!

acreature is offline Do work Son! acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Seriously, though, to answer your question Dannyman, I believe there are only certain instances when they can investigate. Bankrobberies, a crime that crosses state lines, kidnapping (maybe?), and I guess anytime they are asked by the locals. Those are a few that I can think of. I'm not entirely sure, but if I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected after about 3 or 4 pages of jokes about the FBI.
    You know what you are right. :rolleyes:

But it's so much easier to register as a member of this forum and ask a question that could be answered HERE ????

BTW, FBI = First Bunch of Idiots. Any others to share? :D

Verified LEO
    Famous Braindead Idiots ;)

Oh, come on guys, the name calling is not fair...

Thanks for answering my question about the FeeBees!

I have read over their mission and I've looked at other FLE agencies and I was leaning toward FBI, but I think the U.S Marshals' work of apprehending criminals and protecting witnesses is very interesting. I'm currently a junior in high school (11th grade) so I still have some time to think and come up with the right choice.

How about Federal Bureau of Inconfidence?
    Last edited by Dannyman; 08-12-05 at 06:38 PM.

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    I have read over their mission and I've looked at other FLE agencies and I was leaning toward FBI, but I think the U.S Marshalls work of apprehending criminals and protecting witnesses is very interesting. I'm currently a junior in high school (11th grade) so I still have some time to think and come up with the right choice.
    Remember that what you see on TV and in movies isn't always an accurate depiction of what the job really is. The U.S. Marshals Service gets involved in some interesting stuff, but the entry-level deputy position (job series 082) is very different from what you see in The Fugative and U.S. Marshals movies.

How about Federal Bureau of Inconfidence?
    "Inconfidence"? That's not even a real word, Dannyman. Did you mean incompetence?

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

Verified LEO
    the U.S Marshalls work of apprehending criminals and protecting witnesses is very interesting.
    That would be a better choice, IMO.... As long as you can get away from Court Security

I think the U.S Marshalls work of apprehending criminals and protecting witnesses is very interesting.
    Stay away from the U.S. Marshals. If I learned anything from watching The Fugitive and U.S. Marshals, its that every man being pursued by the Marshals is actually an innocent man who has been framed and is trying to prove his innocence. Now, if you like to hunt down innocent people, then the Marshals are for you......... :D

In Gibbs We Trust

Stay away from the U.S. Marshals. If I learned anything from watching The Fugitive and U.S. Marshals, its that every man being pursued by the Marshals is actually an innocent man who has been framed and is trying to prove his innocence. Now, if you like to hunt down innocent people, then the Marshals are for you......... :D
    lol. Would Tommy Lee Jones be my partner? :D

Jeff L is offline Banned Jeff L has a reputation beyond repute Jeff L has a reputation beyond repute Jeff L has a reputation beyond repute Jeff L has a reputation beyond repute Jeff L has a reputation beyond repute Jeff L has a reputation beyond repute Jeff L has a reputation beyond repute Jeff L has a reputation beyond repute Jeff L has a reputation beyond repute Jeff L has a reputation beyond repute Jeff L has a reputation beyond repute
    When SHTF.

16. This ad will disappear if you login

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast