Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    DRTASTW4010249 is offline Junior Member DRTASTW4010249

What Is A Cop's Wife? (poem)

WHAT IS A COP'S WIFE?

A cop's wife is a woman who is married to a man who is "married" to his job, his partner, and his badge. A cop's wife can usually be found cooking breakfast at midnight, picking up his uniform at the cleaners, and spending nights alone.

A cops wife must be a good listener, not questioning him. She must be understanding when he goes our for a beer with his buddies, doesn't feel like taking her to the movies, or has an exam to study for.

A cop's wife must live with shift work, lonely holidays, bad jokes, ulcers and alcohol, bulletproof vests, and fixed incomes. She is used to words like rape, robbery, assault, and child abuse. She is familiar with night school, stakeouts, overtime and being on her own.

Most women are not born or raised to be a cop's wife; it is something that they have chosen to do. Some can and others cannot. She will spend each day learning, listening to, and loving a man that few people respect and most others hate.

A cop's wife mans beds, breakfasts, and love to a man who spends more time with junkies, hookers, informants, pimps, and partners than he does her. She attends dinners, meetings, and sometimes funerals.

A cop's wrife watches as the man she loves grows old before his time, watches him become cold and unfeeling, but she will remain his friend, wife and lover. She will always be these things to him, but she also knows he is first, A COP.

When a wife kisses him as he leaves for work, she will make a slient wish that he will return to her. And everytime there is a knock at the door, she will pray it is not the Chief of Police and her husbands partner coming to say kind things about her husband, how brave he was, how dedicated he was.

Being a cop's wife means lots of trust, love, and worry, but when he says, "I love you," it makes it all worthwhile.

BlueRain is offline Junior Member BlueRain has a reputation beyond repute BlueRain has a reputation beyond repute BlueRain has a reputation beyond repute BlueRain has a reputation beyond repute BlueRain has a reputation beyond repute BlueRain has a reputation beyond repute BlueRain has a reputation beyond repute BlueRain has a reputation beyond repute BlueRain has a reputation beyond repute BlueRain has a reputation beyond repute BlueRain has a reputation beyond repute
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing
    "Creativity is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein

Fighstee12 is offline Junior Member Fighstee12 has a reputation beyond repute Fighstee12 has a reputation beyond repute Fighstee12 has a reputation beyond repute Fighstee12 has a reputation beyond repute Fighstee12 has a reputation beyond repute Fighstee12 has a reputation beyond repute Fighstee12 has a reputation beyond repute Fighstee12 has a reputation beyond repute Fighstee12 has a reputation beyond repute Fighstee12 has a reputation beyond repute Fighstee12 has a reputation beyond repute
    Sometimes I think the answer to that question (What is a cop's wife?) is someone who is just as crazy as he is!!! lol

Thanks for posting it...I really loved it!

DRTASTW4010249 is offline Junior Member DRTASTW4010249
    I just wanted to say that I feel you spouses don't get enough credit.. I mean, it takes a lot to be a cops spouse.. I'm not one, just a girlfriend of a cop, but I think you spouses deserve a more more credit than you get..
    Last edited by DRTASTW4010249; 12-01-02 at 01:39 AM.

Blondy1055 is offline Junior Member Blondy1055
    I think I needed to read this poem. My boyfriend just became an officer (still in training) and already he's becomming a bit distant and is often too tired after work to hang out like we usually used to. It's been hard getting used to, and being insecure, I admit I am a bit jealous that he's partnered up with a girl our age. But I think I need to look past that and understand that this is his job, and I knew from the get-go that this is how it would be. Thanks for posting this.

Rosiez is offline Senior Member Rosiez has a spectacular aura about Rosiez has a spectacular aura about Rosiez has a spectacular aura about
    This in all ...is a reality poem....the things the wives, girlfriends and children...all go thru, day in and day out...I myself do not have a husband or boyfriend who is a cop...but in these next 3-4 years......when I become a cop....is this what my children and my other half are going to deal with???....This poem gave me watery eyes and my heart started pounding....my kids tell me...please mom...don't be a cop.....be a firefighter or something else....(my 11 year old keeps having recurring nightmares of me getting shot....right now I'm a Security Officer unarmed....after having a frightful nite with my kids at a Jack-in-the-Box which a robbery had occurred, and the thieves had looked at my son...as my son looked at the thieves with the gun in thier hand....oh my god...it was horrible...I grabbed my kids and went under the table...and I know it would be worse if I were a cop...

This is a damn good poem to post...to express the feelings, of the families, of that Law Enforcement Officer, who goes out everyday to protect and serve. Thanks for sharing

jensen is offline Junior Member jensen

thanks

This was a really great poem. I have a friend who has been struggling with the issue of trying to raise her kids all on her own while her husband is never home. Thanks for posting this was truley great.

Leyna is offline Junior Member Leyna
    This poem is well described as what it is like to be a cop's wife, or girlfriend. Love your cop and at most TRUST. Make every moment granted special.

Thumper is offline Senior Member Thumper
    Holy cow...
    I am so not venturing over to this side of the boards.
    Allready Im depressed...Jeez!

Gawd....wheres the alcohol...I need a drink!

J/K

That was a great poem, and so was the what it tastes like story.

T
    "Lets get into a killing mode"
    "I am"
    "Then why are you smiling?"
    "Cuz' it tickles me"

metallicat is offline Veteran Member metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute metallicat has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    That's sad. Makes me not want to get married or have kids. Not as if I didn't think that before though, but this reinforced that.
    Made In Canada

I'm digging my way to something better

Hogan911 is offline Junior Member Hogan911 is on a distinguished road
    THANK YOU! That is a great poem. i shed a tear

mjhdt07 is offline Junior Member mjhdt07 is on a distinguished road
    Read " I love a cop"

Sweetbug74 is offline Junior Member Sweetbug74 is on a distinguished road

My view...

While a lot of the things in this poem are true, I will tell you, as a cop's wife of many years, my husband is MY hero. He is a cop and I do have to share him with the city, but it's what he loves, and my love for him means that I am happy to share him with what makes him happy. I'm proud of him. He's an amazing man.

I kiss him and hug him before every shift and tell him to come home safe to me. He says that's his good luck charm and won't leave home unless I say it.

He's told instructors and collegues, that he confides in one person. Only one person knows what he's really thinking and what he's really feeling, because only that person knows him best... That person is me. I've known him for 21 years, and I know when something's wrong, whether he says something or not. I know when he's happy, or when he's bothered by something. I'm blessed to be able to read him like that.

He is my best friend, my lover, my hero, and my world. I am truly honored to be a cop's wife. I feel like I was born to be one, and I am proud to be one.

To my husband's brothers and sisters-in-blue, stay safe, and remember, you are TRUE heroes.

MikeG is offline Veteran Member MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute MikeG has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    OMFG!! My mistake. Fire is the only method. 10 years, 3 resurrections. Bullets will NOT kill it.
    Captain Frank Drebin,
    "Hello. I'm Lieutenant Drebin,Detective Sergeant,Police Squad."

"Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses."

Jay: All right, I'm in. But there's one thing you gotta remember: You chose me..so you recognized the skills, so I don't want nobody calling me son or kid or sport or nothing like that, cool?
    Kay: Cool, whatever you say, slick, but I need to tell you something about all your skills. As of right now, they mean precisely..d**k.

15. This ad will disappear if you login