Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    mint_tea is offline Junior Member mint_tea is on a distinguished road

Forgot to add something to my personal history

I'm in the background check process and just found out my lie detector is tomorrow. I forgot to add something to my personal history statement and I've only just remembered it yesterday when I was grilling myself to make sure I put everything on the personal history (yes, I know I should have done that earlier. I screwed up.). They have to do with drugs. 3 years ago, I took one diet pill with ephedrine in it, but it was after it had been pulled off the market. Also 3 years ago, an ex-boyfriend offered me a sip of some alcoholic drink from Greece. He asked me if I had a drug test coming up, I said no and (quite stupidly) took a sip. I have no idea what was in it that would fail me on a drug test.

I'm going to tell my detective tomorrow, but I'm wondering if my forgetting to put it in my personal history will DQ me? I'm freaking out..
    Last edited by mint_tea; 11-03-11 at 03:00 PM.

pac201 is offline just glad to be here... pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Don't over think it, you should be okay with an explanation like the one you gave here.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    Job Security...
    Ecclesiastes 8:11...
    Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

trainzmainiac is offline Police Dispatcher trainzmainiac is on a distinguished road
    During my background interview for dispatcher the officer doing the investigation told me that if I forgot to include something it's no big deal as long as he was informed once I remembered it. I'd imagine this is common practice so as long as you tell the detective tomorrow about it and that you had just remembered it you should be ok. They know your memory isn't perfect, it's when you intentionally withhold information that gets you DQ'ed.

mint_tea is offline Junior Member mint_tea is on a distinguished road
    Thank you both, I'll let you know how everything goes!

5. This ad will disappear if you login