Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BAN WS6 is offline Banned BAN WS6 is on a distinguished road

Marine Corps Other Than Honorable Discharge.

I was recently discharged from the Marines with an OTH for drug use. The only reason I did this was to speed up the separation process. I was told that I was going to be NJP'd for fraudulent enlistment because I had lied about a history of asthma when I joined. I then soon discovered that I would be discharged with an OTH and a possible steep fine. On top of all of that it would probably take about 5 to 6 months for them to process me out while I waited in a Seps platoon. I went U/A so they'd have to give me a drug test. During the drug test I sprinkled adderol into my urine so I'd test positive for D-Amphetamines. I didn't actually take the drug since I was kind of afraid of it's effects. I've never actually done any drugs before. My criminal background is free of anything except some speeding tickets. Despite the label I acquired from the Marine Corps, I'm not a drug user or a piece of ****. I was simply not going to sit around and put my life on hold while those idiots processed me out for something my recruiter told me to lie about to begin with. I have two associate degrees, one in criminal justice and one in arts (general studies). I have numerous references to counter this black mark including a current police officer. Still I fear that due to this discharge I haven't a chance in hell. My interview is tomorrow and simply don't know what to tell them. Anyway, just looking for some advice. If it helps the NJP I recieved was for article 86 and 112A, U/A and drug use. The Staff Seargant in charge of the seps platoon wasn't able to find any paperwork of my pending NJP for fraudualent enlistment from the training company I went U/A from. If you guys need any other information I'll be happy to supply it.

Big Sexy is offline Most Diabolical Poster Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by BAN WS6 View Post
    Still I fear that due to this discharge I haven't a chance in hell.
    As a former Marine veteran of 6 years and a current FED with 14 years, BIG would have to say your assessment of your situation is pretty spot on.
    BIG SEXY says - "When life hands you lemons, take those same lemons & smash them into lifes' ugly *** mugg!! That'll learn'em to give you lemons."

Yeah, I figured as much. Still going to give it a shot though. I just think it's bull**** they way things turned out. No offense to you personally, but the Corps can kiss my ***.

Johninaustin is offline Veteran Member Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    You can try all you want to, but you might as well slam your head repeatedly into a wall, it'll accomplish about the same thing.

Lots of states will not commission a police officer with anything less than an HD, so your local dept won't even have a say in the matter.
    Don't try and outweird me, I find weirder things than you in my breakfast burrito.

fishing (fish-ing)
    1.n.the art of casting,trolling,jigging,or spinning while freezing,sweating,swatting,or swearing.

deputywave is offline Got TP!? deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute deputywave has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    You don't belong in LE. You went U/A and faked drug usage to get out earlier from a commitment you made to the Marines. I feel bad that they inconvenienced you so badly that you had to resort to chickensh!t tactics. :rolleyes:You have integrity issues that we don't need. You should have manned up and went through whatever hoops you had to.
    A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat

Rise up, gather round. Rock this place to the ground.
    Burn it up with our fave, Rock-N-Roll with deputywave
    Rock On!

Vehicle Owner: (Goes to shake my hand)
    Me: No offense, I don't shake hands.
    Passenger: That's right. You don't shake hands with a person wearing gloves. It's a German thing. He looks German.

Chicken**** tactics? And the Marine Corps only inconvienienced me huh? You're so full of **** you might as well as be a recruiter. I told my recruiter and the *******s down at MEPs about my past usage of an inhaler. When I explained to them that it didn't really bother me and that I could easily exceed the physical standards they said to go ahead and check "no history" on the form. Then I'm the majority of the way through ITB and a head cold hits me, so I use my inhaler to make things a bit easier. I had a first class PFT, never fallen out of a hike or range movement. Then some ***** made punk of a corpsman comes over and starts giving me **** about using an inhaler that had not been prescribed to me by the Navy. Next thing I know I'm getting terms like fraudualent enlistment thrown at me. Next I find out that despite doing everything correctly that I'm getting discharged under other than honorable conditions and on top of all that I'll be lucky to get processed out in 5 months. Yet for some reason the guys that do drugs get out in one month. Tell me how in the hell that's fair or right? The bottom line is that, yeah, I lied to get in. I simply followed the advice of my recruiter, a staff sgt. and his supervisor, a gunnery sgt. Then at MEPs I have an Army commissioned officer telling me to lie as well. All three respectable good people telling me that lying is ok in this circumstance, why not? So I'm the one who employed chicken**** tactics, I'm not the one encouraging people to fraudualently enlist knowing full well if **** come to light that I'll not be held responsible. I was getting an OTH regardless because the Marines wanted to play their little games, I just found a way to end the game a bit sooner.

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    You have harmed YOURSELF more than you will ever know. You didn't get over or get even with the Corps. I am sure you will find a career outside of Law Enforcement.
    Creeper Cop

txinvestigator1 is offline what me, worry? txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    "you want fries with that?"
    "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final" --Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

ArmyCop1980 is offline Senior Member ArmyCop1980 has a reputation beyond repute ArmyCop1980 has a reputation beyond repute ArmyCop1980 has a reputation beyond repute ArmyCop1980 has a reputation beyond repute ArmyCop1980 has a reputation beyond repute ArmyCop1980 has a reputation beyond repute ArmyCop1980 has a reputation beyond repute ArmyCop1980 has a reputation beyond repute ArmyCop1980 has a reputation beyond repute ArmyCop1980 has a reputation beyond repute ArmyCop1980 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Listen you made some very serious mistakes in life, but blaming everyone else just will not solve your issues or make them go away. Pick up from where you are now and try to fix your life up first. If I were you I would not even THINK OF BECOMING A LEO for at LEAST 5 years or so. In that time try to hold a job and not get into trouble. Then after a time period as decribed give it a chance.

phantasm is offline Veteran Member phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Chicken**** tactics? And the Marine Corps only inconvienienced me huh? You're so full of **** you might as well as be a recruiter. I told my recruiter and the *******s down at MEPs about my past usage of an inhaler. When I explained to them that it didn't really bother me and that I could easily exceed the physical standards they said to go ahead and check "no history" on the form. Then I'm the majority of the way through ITB and a head cold hits me, so I use my inhaler to make things a bit easier. I had a first class PFT, never fallen out of a hike or range movement. Then some ***** made punk of a corpsman comes over and starts giving me **** about using an inhaler that had not been prescribed to me by the Navy. Next thing I know I'm getting terms like fraudualent enlistment thrown at me. Next I find out that despite doing everything correctly that I'm getting discharged under other than honorable conditions and on top of all that I'll be lucky to get processed out in 5 months. Yet for some reason the guys that do drugs get out in one month. Tell me how in the hell that's fair or right? The bottom line is that, yeah, I lied to get in. I simply followed the advice of my recruiter, a staff sgt. and his supervisor, a gunnery sgt. Then at MEPs I have an Army commissioned officer telling me to lie as well. All three respectable good people telling me that lying is ok in this circumstance, why not? So I'm the one who employed chicken**** tactics, I'm not the one encouraging people to fraudualently enlist knowing full well if **** come to light that I'll not be held responsible. I was getting an OTH regardless because the Marines wanted to play their little games, I just found a way to end the game a bit sooner.
    IBTL

And even NYPD won't hire with a "less than honorable" discharge.
    DONLON
    I mean, we're getting killed for these people and they don't even appreciate it. They think it's a big joke.

Interesting Info

An education in debating

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

noelchabanel is offline Mr. Veteran Member noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute noelchabanel has a reputation beyond repute
    Aren't they going to great lengths to keep people IN the military? Seems odd they'd be going to great lengths to try to push you out...and with no paperwork about it either....wouldn't it be a kick in the pants if they were just trying to scare you into ditching the unprescribed inhaler and you screwed yourself with drugs for no reason? Makes you wonder.......IBTL
    Always we begin again.

Plazoo is offline Carpe Diem, Biotch! Plazoo has a reputation beyond repute Plazoo has a reputation beyond repute Plazoo has a reputation beyond repute Plazoo has a reputation beyond repute Plazoo has a reputation beyond repute Plazoo has a reputation beyond repute Plazoo has a reputation beyond repute Plazoo has a reputation beyond repute Plazoo has a reputation beyond repute Plazoo has a reputation beyond repute Plazoo has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I was getting an OTH regardless because the Marines wanted to play their little games, I just found a way to end the game a bit sooner.
    And found a way to ensure you're never hired in the law enforcement field.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.-Samuel Adams

Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings.-Heinrich Heine

Law Enforcement Officers for the Constitution

The 912 Project

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    I was getting an OTH regardless because the Marines wanted to play their little games, I just found a way to end the game a bit sooner.
    You're talking to people who know what an OTH is and what it takes to get one, so I'm not buying your sh*t whatsoever. Anyone who doesn't even try can get a General discharge. You have to really work at f*cking up to get an OTH or BCD, and have to commit a serious felony for a DD. Lie all you want about what you did to earn that OTH, but you are not the victim of the Marine Corps being out to get you. Sell that to someone who doesn't know any better, as I deal with service members like you every day.

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

Big Sexy is offline Most Diabolical Poster Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute Big Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ROS View Post
    I deal with service members like you every day.
    Referring to someone, like this, who isn't a service member, is an insult to service members.

By his description, he was still in boot camp and had not received the title of Marine.

Therefore, to refer to him as a service member would be inaccurate at best.
    BIG SEXY says - "When life hands you lemons, take those same lemons & smash them into lifes' ugly *** mugg!! That'll learn'em to give you lemons."

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
    Referring to someone, like this, who isn't a service member, is an insult to service members.

By his description, he was still in boot camp and had not received the title of Marine.

Therefore, to refer to him as a service member would be inaccurate at best.
    I missed that because I didn't read his first post, only his second follow-up post. I'd agree that a trainee in boot camp is by no means a service member (insulting honorably serving service members was not at all the point of my post, or my intent), but I still know that you have to really work to be separated with an OTH, BCD or DD discharge.

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

16. This ad will disappear if you login

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast