Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

Closed Thread
    ceenik is offline Junior Member ceenik is on a distinguished road

BSO (broward sheriff office) hiring process

Earlier this week I passed my oral board review....today was my polygraph and I must admit that I was a little nervous.

After I took the polygraph test the woman who was testing me asked me if I felt unconfortable with any questions and I answered no. Then she said there were some sketchy results with the answers regarding the drug questions...she asked me if i have ever smoked marijuana and I said no..the closest to marijuana I've been was in a car where a joint was being smoked..i probably inhaled a little bit of second hand smoke...

When she tested me again with the same questions i was little concerned with the marijuana question because of what she had said earlier so I must admit that my heart rate was SLIGHTLY higher than it was with any of the other questions.

After the test she walked me outside and told me BSO would contact me within 5 days either by phonecall or by letter...

Does this mean that I have failed?? what do you guys think??

if anyone has passed the polygraph for BSO...did they tell u the test results right after the test?? or did you have to wait the 5 days also?

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Unless you are a COLD , STONE HEARTED PSYCHO...all of us were nervous when taking the poly because we ALL think that we will fail because we are NERVOUS
    Creeper Cop

thanks MCSAP...but did they give u the results the same day?

Roger Dat is offline Doing my part Roger Dat has a reputation beyond repute Roger Dat has a reputation beyond repute Roger Dat has a reputation beyond repute Roger Dat has a reputation beyond repute Roger Dat has a reputation beyond repute Roger Dat has a reputation beyond repute Roger Dat has a reputation beyond repute Roger Dat has a reputation beyond repute Roger Dat has a reputation beyond repute Roger Dat has a reputation beyond repute Roger Dat has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Why abbreviate BSO when you are just going to tell us what it means directly after :rolleyes:.

Anyway if you arent nervous during your poly then there is something wrong with you. All you can do is wait and see what the results were.
    ďTake you hands off the car, and Iíll make your birth certificate a worthless document." UNKNOWN

mythoss is offline Grudges keep me sharp mythoss has a reputation beyond repute mythoss has a reputation beyond repute mythoss has a reputation beyond repute mythoss has a reputation beyond repute mythoss has a reputation beyond repute mythoss has a reputation beyond repute mythoss has a reputation beyond repute mythoss has a reputation beyond repute mythoss has a reputation beyond repute mythoss has a reputation beyond repute mythoss has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    My guy pulled the same stuff with me, but he chose to go with my medial and sexual history instead. I left feeling like I blew it even though I didn't lie one bit. And I didn't know I passed for over 2 weeks. So don't worry too much, if you told the truth there's nothing more you can do except wait. Not every examiner will tell you the results right away, in fact I believe they are never "supposed" to. Some just do. You're lucky you'll only have to wait 5 days, let me tell you...

oh okay...i was just a little worried...i was expecting the results right then and there..then when she told me I'd have to wait 5 days I figured i blew it =[

Any BSO go through anything similar?

Well i ended up passing the poly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my psychological evaluation is on monday..wish me luck!! :D

Prodigy2008 is offline Junior Member Prodigy2008 is on a distinguished road

Polygraph

She said the same thing to me when i took the test. Sketchy about the drug question. i had to wait five days

kento is offline Junior Member kento is on a distinguished road
    Prodigy....Did you pass?

kento is offline Junior Member kento is on a distinguished road
    Ceenik....Did you pass the psych test ?

Q386 is offline Junior Member Q386 is on a distinguished road
    I realize this is a very old thread, but when I search online there is not much more. Anyhow I am in the hiring process with BSO now. I applied in July of 2013. I took all the test & past (oral, phys, poly ) I was told I was in background when I called back in Nov 2012 yet still I did not hear anything so in Jan of 2014 I called I was told my file is being review by supervisor but yet fed I still did not here anything. I was never arrest but I do not have the best driving record. I had 2 speeding. 1 in 2011 and one in 2012 and. I am certified

Do anyone know anything?

Citicop is offline The Original Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Q386-

We request that old threads be left to lie. If you would like to talk about this, please start a new thread; the last post here was almost SIX YEARS AGO.

And if you just went into background in November 2013, then relax. The process can take time, and six to twelve months is not unheard of for background times.

-Citicop.
    Sometimes there's Justice...
    and sometimes, there's Just Us
    1*

In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

15. This ad will disappear if you login