Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    otj129 is offline Banned otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute

NYPD JST On Video for all Applicants to check out

So you know what to expect...

Cat_Doc is offline No Sugarcoating Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute Cat_Doc has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Is that your physical agility test to continue in the hiring process?

Or is this what you have to do to pass the academy?
    "No one is compelled to choose the profession of a police officer, but having chosen it, everyone is obligated to perform its duties and live up to the high standards of its requirements." ~ President Calvin Coolidge

“The nobility of policing demands the noblest of character.” ~ Dr. Stephen R. Covey

otj129 is offline Banned otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute otj129 has a reputation beyond repute
    To get Admitted/Hired you have to complete this test

NYPDtoGrey is offline Senior Member NYPDtoGrey has a reputation beyond repute NYPDtoGrey has a reputation beyond repute NYPDtoGrey has a reputation beyond repute NYPDtoGrey has a reputation beyond repute NYPDtoGrey has a reputation beyond repute NYPDtoGrey has a reputation beyond repute NYPDtoGrey has a reputation beyond repute NYPDtoGrey has a reputation beyond repute NYPDtoGrey has a reputation beyond repute NYPDtoGrey has a reputation beyond repute NYPDtoGrey has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by otj129 View Post
    To get Admitted/Hired you have to complete this test
    To get out you must complete the same in less time with a 6 foot fence in place of the wall. The standards have dropped in the last few years. About 3 years ago you had to complete a 1.5 mile run at around 12:38, 40 something situps and a bench press to graduate.

mikecrazy is offline New York's Underpaid mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    You still have to complete the mile and a half run to graduate, only the time is 14:21 now.

NYPDjock is offline Junior Member NYPDjock has a reputation beyond repute NYPDjock has a reputation beyond repute NYPDjock has a reputation beyond repute NYPDjock has a reputation beyond repute NYPDjock has a reputation beyond repute NYPDjock has a reputation beyond repute NYPDjock has a reputation beyond repute NYPDjock has a reputation beyond repute NYPDjock has a reputation beyond repute NYPDjock has a reputation beyond repute NYPDjock has a reputation beyond repute
    Was that video shot in the gym at the police academy?

InTheEnd is offline Veteran Member InTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute InTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute InTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute InTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute InTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute InTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute InTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute InTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute InTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute InTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute InTheEnd has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Fence to get in the academy and wall to graduate. The wall seems a bit higher. The instructors stap on a weighted belt on you and off you go.

mikecrazy is offline New York's Underpaid mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute mikecrazy has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by NYPDjock View Post
    Was that video shot in the gym at the police academy?
    Yes.

unhcj is offline Veteran Member unhcj has a reputation beyond repute unhcj has a reputation beyond repute unhcj has a reputation beyond repute unhcj has a reputation beyond repute unhcj has a reputation beyond repute unhcj has a reputation beyond repute unhcj has a reputation beyond repute unhcj has a reputation beyond repute unhcj has a reputation beyond repute unhcj has a reputation beyond repute unhcj has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    WOW! When I had to do it there was a solid six foot wall, we had to use every step on the stairs no skipping, there were three laps around the cones rather than two, and there was no mat for the dummy to be dragged on! I guess this department is really starting to get desperate.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by unhcj View Post
    WOW! When I had to do it there was a solid six foot wall, we had to use every step on the stairs no skipping, there were three laps around the cones rather than two, and there was no mat for the dummy to be dragged on! I guess this department is really starting to get desperate.
    It is a solid six food wall to graduate. Must hit every step going down, can skip going up. It is 3 laps around (they skipped to save time on the video) and I don't recall a mat when I had to drag the dummy.

Ana2182 is offline Junior Member Ana2182 has a reputation beyond repute Ana2182 has a reputation beyond repute Ana2182 has a reputation beyond repute Ana2182 has a reputation beyond repute Ana2182 has a reputation beyond repute Ana2182 has a reputation beyond repute Ana2182 has a reputation beyond repute Ana2182 has a reputation beyond repute Ana2182 has a reputation beyond repute Ana2182 has a reputation beyond repute Ana2182 has a reputation beyond repute
    I recently graduated. yes, it's a fence to get hired and a solid wall to graduate. skip steps going up but hit every step coming down, 5 laps around the cones and the dummy is dragged on a mat which is harder. the mat is rubber and so is the dummy. the inst take the dummy off the mat as practice because it's easier to drag.

FutureoftheNYPD is offline Junior Member FutureoftheNYPD is infamous around these parts FutureoftheNYPD is infamous around these parts FutureoftheNYPD is infamous around these parts FutureoftheNYPD is infamous around these parts FutureoftheNYPD is infamous around these parts FutureoftheNYPD is infamous around these parts FutureoftheNYPD is infamous around these parts FutureoftheNYPD is infamous around these parts FutureoftheNYPD is infamous around these parts FutureoftheNYPD is infamous around these parts FutureoftheNYPD is infamous around these parts
    thanks...this helped to get a visual!

JEV7875 is offline Junior Member JEV7875 is on a distinguished road

The Dummy is the Hardest Part

I'm a woman who just took this test today and i ended up failing at the end. Pace is key I think. I did well over the frnce, stairs, and everything else, but when you get to the dummy, you're WAY tired. I pulled and got the dummy to drag a bit, but then I just hit that wall and my body wouldnt go anymore. I was pulling with all my might, but just couldnt. I was given the test date a week after my medical and just trained that whole week by running the track in the park and practicing the stairs, and when I was doing those parts, I didnt even feel tired. The weight machine is harder than it looks-the pulling is ok, the pushing is a bit harder, maybe bc women carry all their strength in the legs. At least I know what to expect, and I plan on nailing it the second time. The video is a lot shorter than the actual one. Its the fence, 3 complete repitions of the stairs (so youre going over each side 3 times), the weight machine, you run 5 laps-not 3, and then the dummy (you have to pull it by a rope) and then the trigger pull. Just please watch out for that dummy (its 176 lbs.) -it was the least thing i was worried about and it was the one thing i screwed up on.

phantasm is offline Veteran Member phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    In the video what he jumped over appeared to be a fence. When I went through (4 years ago) there were 2 chain link fences, and a slightly different course to get hired. To graduate, as someone mentioned, there was the 1.5 mile, bench, situps. We were one of the test classes for the new course. At that time it was only a solid wall.
    DONLON
    I mean, we're getting killed for these people and they don't even appreciate it. They think it's a big joke.

Interesting Info

An education in debating

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

COPaterno is offline Senior Member COPaterno has a reputation beyond repute COPaterno has a reputation beyond repute COPaterno has a reputation beyond repute COPaterno has a reputation beyond repute COPaterno has a reputation beyond repute COPaterno has a reputation beyond repute COPaterno has a reputation beyond repute COPaterno has a reputation beyond repute COPaterno has a reputation beyond repute COPaterno has a reputation beyond repute COPaterno has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    That video just shows all of the parts of the JST, it does not show every part from start to finish. It is an easy test.
    10-5?

16. This ad will disappear if you login