Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    dogface is offline Junior Member dogface is on a distinguished road

Next LAPD academy date?

Hello I had a few questions. Does anyone know when the next LAPD academy start date is? Also, I only have the medical/psychological test left and I was wondering if they start your background after the medical is completed or after your background interview? How long do you think it would take for me to get into academy assuming I take and pass my medical within the next month? I'm about to go to a POST law enforcement academy for another dept(not a police officer though, Sheriff officer) and I am little concerned about injury being in two academies in a row for about a year. Thank you.
    Last edited by dogface; 01-19-06 at 06:08 PM.

ciscokid is offline Proud PII Dawg ciscokid has a reputation beyond repute ciscokid has a reputation beyond repute ciscokid has a reputation beyond repute ciscokid has a reputation beyond repute ciscokid has a reputation beyond repute ciscokid has a reputation beyond repute ciscokid has a reputation beyond repute ciscokid has a reputation beyond repute ciscokid has a reputation beyond repute ciscokid has a reputation beyond repute ciscokid has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    If there is a scheduled 02 Class the start date will be Monday, February 6. Then the next class will be Monday, March 6. Classes run according to the deployment system - every 28 days.

As far as your testing goes it seems to change on a case-by-case basis. The best thing to do is keep up with the city personnel and make sure that you turn in all of your paperwork on time.

cruz0311 is offline Junior Member cruz0311 has a reputation beyond repute cruz0311 has a reputation beyond repute cruz0311 has a reputation beyond repute cruz0311 has a reputation beyond repute cruz0311 has a reputation beyond repute cruz0311 has a reputation beyond repute cruz0311 has a reputation beyond repute cruz0311 has a reputation beyond repute cruz0311 has a reputation beyond repute cruz0311 has a reputation beyond repute cruz0311 has a reputation beyond repute
    They dont start your background until you passed the poly, ive been waiting more than 4 months to retake it, since i had an issue with it the first time. And they wont move you on the medical until you have passed the poly. My friend got a 100 on the oral and they're dragging their feet on his background,he had an issue w/ his medical so they stoped his background investigation, and then restarted it. From what i hear his case has been in like three diferent hands, so be prepared to standby. I got fed up w/ their process so I chose to go through the LASD process.
    Last edited by cruz0311; 01-20-06 at 01:38 AM.

4. This ad will disappear if you login