Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    seamarshal is offline Hired!! seamarshal is on a distinguished road

Did I pass the polygraph?

Ok so I took a poly test, the examiner indicated that there was a slight deciption on 4 questions, after all the exam was completed, he went ahead and asked me if there was any question that bothered me, I then replied no. There was no post test questioning. The examiner proceeded to tell me that im 2 week I weill recieve a letter, and 4 weeks later a BI will contact me.

Any takers?
    Did I make it or not?
    Last edited by seamarshal; 12-16-05 at 07:03 AM.

Old Trooper is offline Old like fine wine! Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I don't know if you passed the poly, but you should be VERY glad it was not a written exam!!! My eyes are bleeding...
    CHARACTER is what you do when no one is watching....

Drew27k9 is offline Veteran Member Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute Drew27k9 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L3
    Verified LEO
    There is no way of anyone on this board knowing if you passed the test or not.

acreature is offline Do work Son! acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute acreature has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    What he^ said, yo.

MisterK is offline TGTBITSTSOOTOG MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute
    I tried.. I really tried.. but I made it about halfway... now I'm blind.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

I am only an average man but, by George, I work harder at it than the average man.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society's understanding.

The other white meat - Troll

hitnrun is offline To Hell And Back hitnrun has a reputation beyond repute hitnrun has a reputation beyond repute hitnrun has a reputation beyond repute hitnrun has a reputation beyond repute hitnrun has a reputation beyond repute hitnrun has a reputation beyond repute hitnrun has a reputation beyond repute hitnrun has a reputation beyond repute hitnrun has a reputation beyond repute hitnrun has a reputation beyond repute hitnrun has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Yes.

Did anyone actually read the whole thing??:confused:

"There are those amongst us that live in rooms of experience that you and I can never enter...." - John Steinbeck

"Life's journey is NOT to arrive at your grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in a$$ backwards & sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy $H!T, what a ride!" - Unknown

There's gotta be one fish down there dumber than I am drunk.

mxwelch is offline Veteran Member mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute
    and I even started to imagine living inside of the socket.
    The poly might be the least of your worries.:D
    "...Our natural, inalienable rights are now considered to be a dispensation of government, and freedom has never been so fragile, so close to slipping from our grasp as it is at this moment.Ē Ronald Reagan

"Those who beat their weapons into plows will be plowing for those who don't."

Clint is offline Veteran Member Clint has a reputation beyond repute Clint has a reputation beyond repute Clint has a reputation beyond repute Clint has a reputation beyond repute Clint has a reputation beyond repute Clint has a reputation beyond repute Clint has a reputation beyond repute Clint has a reputation beyond repute Clint has a reputation beyond repute Clint has a reputation beyond repute Clint has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Oh alittle about myself, I spend several years in the military, and I am also a federal LEO. The dept that I am shooting for is pretty big in SE florida, so any opions?

I, personally flunked Mind Reading 101... "BUT", What Federal (LEO) Agency did you say you work for?????
    Lab's Rule...Maly's Drool!!!!!

MisterK is offline TGTBITSTSOOTOG MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute MisterK has a reputation beyond repute
    Hello everyone, I have been reading this forum for the last 5 months, I tell you, a lot of good things here.

Ok, I have a question about my polygraph experience and I need some reflection.

Today was the day that I was scheduled to take the polygraph test for a major police dept. I showed up with a nice suit and tie, looking professional, looking like the part.

A gentleman from the desk said hello, what is your name, and so on.
    He handed me a few sheets of paper and told me to fill it out. Once I started to look at the paper it was pretty much the same exact thing that was on my personal questionnaire sheet, such as employment history, addresses and so on and so on. Luckily I made copies of my PHQS and brought it with me in a folder.

I noticed the guy next to me struggling to fill out his paper due to the fact that he did not bring his and no one told us to bring reference material. So I felt good and confident.
    One of the examiners called me in and it was time!!

There really was no pretest, in reality it was more like an interview. He wanted to clarify some things and so on. The chair that I was sitting in was directly next to his, and everything was good. Then he told me that it was time it hook up to the machine.

He told me to move the chair so that it was facing away from him and he told me to look straight at the wall!!! During the first set everything was fine. To keep my mind of my nervousness I started to notice all of the scuff and kick marks that were on the wall, I thought to my self DAMN !!

Then I started getting nervous during questioning, however I was able to control my nervousness by looking straight at a wall socket. I tell you guys that was the most orange wall socket that I ever seen, and I even started to imagine living inside of the socket. (Just lost me here, K)

Ok after a few minutes of interrogation, he told me to relax, however I kept my breathing pattern the same. He had me write a number on a sheet of paper; he told me that the next set of questions will consists of me saying no to all of the questions that referred to the number. Ok cool, everything was fine, and there was no need of me pretending to live in the wall socket!!!

After this set of questions, he told me this, "DO you know how your mom can tell if your lying?" "I replied no!!" Then he replied címon, 10 years in the service? He also made jesters (What?!, K).

After that he asked me the same first set of questions in different order, afterwards, he told me to relax, again I was still hooked up to the machine and I was still breathing the same. He then turned around in his chair and told me to that he was turning around however and that he will still listen to me, I had nothing to say! (I gave up on this sentence, K)

Why did he turn around? Oh well, I was trying to see what he was doing. It seems that he was writing some stuff down. What could it be?

Also, I was still hooked to the machine!!! After a couple of minutes, he started the exam again, and then that was it. What a ride!!! Thought the whole test I could hear my heart beating in by head!!!!!
    THUMP,THUMP,THUMP !!!!

However I remained calm and maintained the same breathing. Then the test was over. (Again?, K)

Immediately afterwards he asked me "What will your graph tell me?"
    I replied "HONESTY!" Then he told me that this was not an interrogation and the purpose behind it. He asked me if there was anything you want to tell me? I replied no, then he stated there were 4 indications of deception.

I asked what they were, he told me, then that was it. Then I did the stupid thing!!! I asked "did I pass?" He then told me that there was no pass or fail, also afterward he stated that I will get my results within 2 weeks and 4 weeks later a BI will contact you.

I donít get if this standard blurbage that the examiner says after every test or is this an indication that I passed? Also during the pre-exam interview he had me write down when I smoked pot (I am 30). I tried pot once at age 16. He also had me write down that I have been in a car collision (minor) with no police involvement or lawsuit. What gives? (Were you?, K)

Guys I just want to know if I passed. what you think?
    From what I mentioned, did I have a post test? The guy did not really say anything!!!

He did not even question me on any question in which he saw deception, no probing no follow-ups no nothing. Just if there was anything I wanted to add or if any questions bothered me.....thats it.

What gives?
    Oh a little about myself, I spent several years in the military, and I am also a federal LEO. (IM SORRY BUT WHAT?! K):eek:

The dept that I am shooting for is pretty big in SE florida, so any opinions?

Please help.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

I am only an average man but, by George, I work harder at it than the average man.
    Theodore Roosevelt

I decided for my 1000th post to clean that up and I expect a nomination for sainthood for it. :D

Did anyone else catch where this guy says he is already a federal LEO?

Theodore Roosevelt

GoDirectly2Jail is offline Do Not Collect $200 GoDirectly2Jail has a reputation beyond repute GoDirectly2Jail has a reputation beyond repute GoDirectly2Jail has a reputation beyond repute GoDirectly2Jail has a reputation beyond repute GoDirectly2Jail has a reputation beyond repute GoDirectly2Jail has a reputation beyond repute GoDirectly2Jail has a reputation beyond repute GoDirectly2Jail has a reputation beyond repute GoDirectly2Jail has a reputation beyond repute GoDirectly2Jail has a reputation beyond repute GoDirectly2Jail has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by seamarshal
    Oh alittle about myself, I spend several years in the military, and I am also a federal LEO.
    What Fed agency would hire someone with grammar skills such as those displayed by "seamarshal"??!!

(At least he only used one "L" in marshal.) :D
    Click HERE for a common sense tutorial on posting at RealPolice.net.

DISCLAIMER: The above posting, if in response to a background or hiring question, is not meant to discourage any dreams or ambitions, but instead is a brutally honest opinion based soley on the information provided by the original poster. Please note that your suitability as an applicant is NOT tied in any way with your worth as a person.

Foo Man is offline Veteran Member Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute
    He's talking about Miami Dade PD (he PM'd me).

I took their poly myself on Wednesday and they told me that I passed immediately after the test was over. The fact that the examiner asked about how your mother could tell when you were lying and that you showed 4 deceptive responses leads me to believe that you got your answer already, but I'm definitely no expert. It could be some kind of tactic they use to get a late confession maybe?

Anyway, I didn't get any number tricks or have the examiner turn his back on me. Just 2 sets of questions and I was done. Good luck man! I hope I'm wrong.

seamarshal is offline Hired!! seamarshal is on a distinguished road
    Guys ok, so the grammer is a little out of wack, cutt me some slack jack. And no it was not for Miami dade.
    Last edited by seamarshal; 12-16-05 at 07:04 AM.

Foo Man is offline Veteran Member Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute Foo Man has a reputation beyond repute
    Good Luck to you anyway!
    Last edited by Foo Man; 12-16-05 at 03:09 PM.

mxwelch is offline Veteran Member mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute mxwelch has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by seamarshal
    Guys ok, so the grammer is a little out of wack, cutt me some slack jack. And no it was not for Miami dade.
    A little out of wack? If you were a federal LEO you wouldn't be asking these questions, IMO. The BS meter is off the chart after a second look.
    "...Our natural, inalienable rights are now considered to be a dispensation of government, and freedom has never been so fragile, so close to slipping from our grasp as it is at this moment.Ē Ronald Reagan

"Those who beat their weapons into plows will be plowing for those who don't."

16. This ad will disappear if you login

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast