Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Ak82 is offline Junior Member Ak82 is on a distinguished road

NYPD Medical Exam

Whats up guys... For those of you who already had the medical for the NYPD July class, could you please let me know what exactly when on there and what they did? Did they do the drug test as well at the medical? I have my medical on April 1st, so please reply ASAP. I just want to know what to expect. Thanks

ogdogg16 is offline Senior Member ogdogg16 is on a distinguished road
    I have mine April 9, but a friend of mine had his last friday. He came back with no hair on his arms...so expect to be drug tested. He didnt say much, they give you an EKG, blood pressure, etc. He told me if you have ever had surgery know dates and doctors.

What do you mean he came back with no hair on his arms? Is this what you saw or did he say that they took the hair for a drug test?

Chgojock007 is offline Banned Chgojock007 is infamous around these parts Chgojock007 is infamous around these parts Chgojock007 is infamous around these parts Chgojock007 is infamous around these parts Chgojock007 is infamous around these parts Chgojock007 is infamous around these parts Chgojock007 is infamous around these parts Chgojock007 is infamous around these parts Chgojock007 is infamous around these parts Chgojock007 is infamous around these parts Chgojock007 is infamous around these parts
    Hi,

When did you guys take the written test? How long after taking the written exam does it take to start the academy? What did the written test consist of? Math? Maps?

Thanks!

baseballguy is offline Senior Member baseballguy is on a distinguished road
    yo man, i dont get why they shaved his arms, my hair on my head is too short and my legs and arms are basically hairless so when they want some hair im just gonna drop my pants. but to anyone else that has already gone....did they give u guys any problems with anything and how hard/easy was it to park and find exactly where u need to go in the building....anything else u can tell us is cool too, thanks

ogdogg16 is offline Senior Member ogdogg16 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballguy
    so when they want some hair im just gonna drop my pants.
    LOL! Yes, they did take all the hair on both of his arms for the drug test. He also said the guys who do the NYPD drug test are the same people who do the tests for the Dallas Cowboys. The hair on my arms is not very thick either, I'd say half inch or less, but he said he was the same way which is why they took it off both of his arms.

He told me he was able to park in a garage for like 20 bucks for the day. On the back of the letter they sent me they give you driving instructions, so I'm sure parking is not gonna be too bad. Also, expect to sit around all day again. Lucky for me, because I am off an older list, I did not need to report for the initial processing that some of you went through last week.

Anyone who actually had the medical themselves already...please share with us what exactly happened. Thanks!

Xeone is offline Senior Member Xeone is a jewel in the rough Xeone is a jewel in the rough Xeone is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak82
    Anyone who actually had the medical themselves already...please share with us what exactly happened. Thanks!
    I went this past Friday... alot of sitting around..and what else? MORE PAPERWORK... anyway, as far as the medical portion... standard, hearing, sight, BP/Pulse, EKG, and they took the hair for the drug test. The guy had to shave my legs for it...heh...anyway at the end they herded us in to where the MD was about 25 at a time..he made us do things like hopping up and down..and walking on our heels...if he saw anything suspect on the sheet with your history he asked for an explanation... anyway...after that they gave out dates for the psych and the physical agility... LONG LONG day... started at 6:30...got out at 3:30... hope that helps... good luck...

anyone leaving from the ronkonkoma area tomorrow morning?

by the way, instead of having both extremities shaved like both arms or legs why wouldnt u just tell um to give the little guy a crew cut? seems easier and quicker to me

Xeone is offline Senior Member Xeone is a jewel in the rough Xeone is a jewel in the rough Xeone is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballguy
    by the way, instead of having both extremities shaved like both arms or legs why wouldnt u just tell um to give the little guy a crew cut? seems easier and quicker to me
    they said that hair from the top of head needed to be at least 1.5inches long... i dont know why leg hair could be shorter...but... thats what they said...

ok can i offer my nut hair?

jad454 is offline In the NYPD process jad454 is on a distinguished road
    The hair from your body (legs and arms) grows at a much slower rate then your head. However if you are a drug user the toxins will stay in your body hair for the same time frame as your head and how many of us cut the hair on our body as often as the hair on your head. So by taking the hair from your body they get a better history of your drug use then if they took it from your head.

If you dont do drugs then you have nothing to worry about. Right?
    Guns don't kill people!
    Bulletts don't kill people!
    Holes in people kills people!

so they dont even give u a choice? they just take it from your body?

daltrix is offline Junior Member daltrix will become famous soon enough
    I'm glad I saw this thread, totally forgot to get money orders for the exam. I have mine tomorrow (April 1), and the only thing I'm worried about is gall bladder surgery I had 3 years ago. No problems, just don't want it to delay my processing for the July class due to medical record review.

16. This ad will disappear if you login

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast