Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    ryanklimt is offline Junior Member ryanklimt is on a distinguished road

15 passenger van seat belt law?

I'm just wondering what the law says about having to wear seat belts in a 15 passenger van because whenever we ride in one, im the only one that ever wears it. is there actually a law saying you have to wear it? can you get pulled over and given a ticket for not wearing one? i live in Gurnee IL btw in case that matters. thanks

retdetsgt is offline Back in my day!!!! retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't it. And what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grampa Simpson

My Little Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Doc View Post
    You just gotta realize he is hard of hearing and cranky, and try to speak up more clearly next time and make it perfectly clear what you were saying so there is no misinterpretation. You gotta try not to get mad at the old guy, recognizing the issue at hand.

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    RDS's post simply states that there has to be seatbelts there.

The Illinois seatblet law is as follows....

Safety Belt Law
    Drivers and Passengers

•Each driver and front seat passenger shall wear a properly adjusted and fastened seat safety belt.

•Each driver under the age of 18 years and each of the driver’s passengers under the age of 19 years shall wear a properly adjusted and fastened seat safety belt.

•Each driver transporting a child 8 years of age or more, but less than 16 years of age, shall secure the child in a properly adjusted and fastened seat safety belt or an appropriate child restraint system.

So , if you are in the front seat(s) , yes.

If the driver is under 18 than any passenger under 19 must wear it anywhere in the van.

If the driver is 18 and up, than only the front seat passenger or any passenger under 16 has to be restrained.
    Creeper Cop

4. This ad will disappear if you login