Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    1htexans is offline Junior Member 1htexans is on a distinguished road

Post Possible Jobs with Peace Officer Certification

Hi,

Im 22yrs old and live in Houston, TX. I will be starting the Basic Peace Officer Ceritification Academy at UofH Downtown in August. I have no previous college hours. The course gives you 28hrs of college credits (I think) and certification with TCLEOSE. i want to get into HPD but you need 48hrs of college credits. What kind of job can I get in Houston or surrounding areas with this certification? The only ones I've seen so far that I could apply for is Stafford Police Department, Bellaire Police Department, and Harris County Constable. Alot of them want the certificate plus two years of experience, but were can I get the experience if each job wants experience?

I've looked into State Trooper, Sheriffs Department, Constable, Sugar Land Police, Stafford Police and Bellaire Police

Thank you,

Richard

Citicop is offline The Original Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Why not enroll in college courses until you meet the minimum requirements? If I were you, I would put off the Academy until I had (at least) a couple of years of college under your belt. You'll be glad you did later.

-Citicop.
    Sometimes there's Justice...
    and sometimes, there's Just Us
    1*

In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

Joeyd6 is offline Moderator Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Citicop View Post
    Why not enroll in college courses until you meet the minimum requirements? If I were you, I would put off the Academy until I had (at least) a couple of years of college under your belt. You'll be glad you did later.

-Citicop.
    Yep...sounds like he is putting the horse in fornt of the cart in his job market.
    -In God we trust. All others, put your hands on the car and don't move.

4. This ad will disappear if you login