Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kristen- is offline Junior Member Kristen- is on a distinguished road

Why do cops follow me???

Ok so im a very normal 22 yr old female i dont drive a crappy car i dont speed and cops in my city are always following me ive never been pulled over but last week i was at the atm it was late like 1 maybe almost 2 am and a a cop car pulled in right behind my car and just sat there watching me they didnt get out or say anything to me they just stared at me and waited until i got back in my car and left. Another time i was getting gas and a cop did the same thing pulled in and just watched me and left when i left. Are they just more suspicious of people late at night ? why dont they ever say anything to me they just stare would it be rude to ask one next time why they r watching me? I'm not paranoid and i have nothing to hide i just dont know why they think im going to do something wrong i dont look like a bad person

Gutwrench is offline Veteran Member Gutwrench has a reputation beyond repute Gutwrench has a reputation beyond repute Gutwrench has a reputation beyond repute Gutwrench has a reputation beyond repute Gutwrench has a reputation beyond repute Gutwrench has a reputation beyond repute Gutwrench has a reputation beyond repute Gutwrench has a reputation beyond repute Gutwrench has a reputation beyond repute Gutwrench has a reputation beyond repute Gutwrench has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Hi Kristen,

That's quite a first sentence you got going on there! I think I'll grab a cup of coffee (I think you've had enough though, just kidding) and sit back to enjoy reading the pearls of wisdom my brothers and sisters have to offer.

Piggy is offline Trained Assassin Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    They check out just about every car that is out at 2am. There are also plenty of reason a police car may stop. Make a phone call, run a plate, write down info for a call, move something in their car, drionk some coffee, wait to meet someone, etc. etc. It's not the same as driving around during the day. What you may think is them watching every move you make, likely has nothing to do with you.
    One Big Ass Mistake America

Blackgoat06 is online now Veteran Member Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristen- View Post
    Ok so im a very normal 22 yr old female i dont drive a crappy car i dont speed and cops in my city are always following me ive never been pulled over but last week i was at the atm it was late like 1 maybe almost 2 am and a a cop car pulled in right behind my car and just sat there watching me they didnt get out or say anything to me they just stared at me and waited until i got back in my car and left. Another time i was getting gas and a cop did the same thing pulled in and just watched me and left when i left. Are they just more suspicious of people late at night ? why dont they ever say anything to me they just stare would it be rude to ask one next time why they r watching me? I'm not paranoid and i have nothing to hide i just dont know why they think im going to do something wrong i dont look like a bad person
    I was unaware we only picked on abnormal speeders with crappy cars. Guess I missed the memo.

Did ever think in the ATM incident that maybe he was making sure nothing happens to you?? A young female alone at that hour can be perceived as an easy victim to a robber. Maybe his purpose was to give you a sense of security. As for the gas thing who knows, maybe they have alot of drive offs there. You are only naming two incidents.

To further answer your question, yes we are more suspicious of people at night. Majority of the people out at that hour are up to no good.

I wouldn't go ask them, they probably won't tell you why anyway, and if they wanted to talk to you they'd most likely approach you.
    "Knowing what you stand for limits what you fall for"

retdetsgt is online now Back in my day!!!! retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Perhaps it's because you don't use your shift key to properly capitalize when you type.

Has it only happened twice? Were both very late at night? Maybe you're drop dead gorgeous and the cops there are perverts? Maybe there have been some crimes in that area and a car similar to yours was seen?

Seriously, how could possibly expect that a bunch of strangers on the Internet could possibly have any idea about what you just described ?
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't it. And what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grampa Simpson

My Little Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Doc View Post
    You just gotta realize he is hard of hearing and cranky, and try to speak up more clearly next time and make it perfectly clear what you were saying so there is no misinterpretation. You gotta try not to get mad at the old guy, recognizing the issue at hand.

I'm sorry if this was a bad question. I just put the last two that happend. As far as my grammar after reading your response and reading my question agian i am embarrassed and will work on it.

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    On midnight shift.....anything that moves is of interest to me. I run plates, plates , plates all night long ( when not answering calls) hoping to find someone who is suspended , has warrants etc.

There are a lot more bad people out at night than during the day.

Maybe smile and wave at your local PD who is watching out for you. If you aren't up to no good , be gald they are out being proactive. ( and we buy all of our gas at local convenience stores)
    Creeper Cop

Thank you for the responses.

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsap View Post
    There are a lot more bad people out at night than during the day.
    Precisely, and if you're not one of them, Kristen, consider that the police are working to try to keep you and others that aren't up to no good safe. What happens if you blow a tire and have to change it in the middle of the night? Would your rather police be nearby to help or no one (or worse, someone else who's out that late and up to no good)?

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

Joeyd6 is offline Moderator Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    So cops are watching a young girl use a ATM at odd hours......

I would say that the cop is doing nothing wrong except providing a safe and mugging free environment for you. You mention nothing about him following you after that. Maybe you are just an easy target (which is obvious to cops) and he is trying to prevent some idiot form attempting to mug/rob you.
    -In God we trust. All others, put your hands on the car and don't move.

Oh no no I didn't think they are doing something wrong I feel like they think I am doing something wrong. I know they are just doing there job. I'm not complaining just wondering why and if there is maybe something I am doing that makes me look suspicious.

icu650 is offline Veteran Member icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute icu650 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    If you aren't doing anything wrong don't worry about it. He maybe watching you because alot of people out at 2:00 a.m. came from a bar or club. Did you? Maybe he saw you leave. Could be he was looking for a DUI or has seen you at the club or bar.

pac201 is offline just glad to be here... pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute pac201 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I really think that he/she is just checking out the car to see what's going on, then when he/she sees a young lady in the car, stands by so you can finish your business without any fear of being mugged or much worse...
    Job Security...
    Ecclesiastes 8:11...
    Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Samuel is online now Fascist Samuel has disabled reputation
    Verified LEO
    Ok, if no one here is gonna ask, I'll ask - are you hot? Or, as Norm would say, hawt?

Blackgoat06 is online now Veteran Member Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    BTW the funny thing about police is that if you are doing something wrong in front of us, we will usually let you know some way or another...
    "Knowing what you stand for limits what you fall for"

16. This ad will disappear if you login