Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    neglect is offline Junior Member neglect is on a distinguished road

Can you move out at age of 17?

Hello,
    If a teen is being neglected at home and has a safe place to move to, can that 17 year old teen do so?
    I live in the State of Missouri and would like to know the laws when it comes to moving out of the house.
    thanks,
    neglect

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by neglect View Post
    Hello,
    If a teen is being neglected at home and has a safe place to move to, can that 17 year old teen do so?
    I live in the State of Missouri and would like to know the laws when it comes to moving out of the house.
    thanks,
    neglect
    Specifically, how are you "neglected at home." A statement like that doesn't say much, could you be more specific?

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

Piggy is offline Trained Assassin Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    This usually means someone wants to move in with their girlfriend / boyfriend.
    One Big Ass Mistake America

charlydevo is offline Veteran Member charlydevo has a reputation beyond repute charlydevo has a reputation beyond repute charlydevo has a reputation beyond repute charlydevo has a reputation beyond repute charlydevo has a reputation beyond repute charlydevo has a reputation beyond repute charlydevo has a reputation beyond repute charlydevo has a reputation beyond repute charlydevo has a reputation beyond repute charlydevo has a reputation beyond repute charlydevo has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I joined the Navy at 17. I'm pretty sure that you can move out. Depending on what state, you might need to go to court and become emancipated. Either way, it's probably not a good idea.
    Chuck

lawduck is offline Addicted to oil lawduck has a reputation beyond repute lawduck has a reputation beyond repute lawduck has a reputation beyond repute lawduck has a reputation beyond repute lawduck has a reputation beyond repute lawduck has a reputation beyond repute lawduck has a reputation beyond repute lawduck has a reputation beyond repute lawduck has a reputation beyond repute lawduck has a reputation beyond repute lawduck has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    In Texas you can run away, and you can be listed as a run away, but I don't think LE can make you go home. But you can be charged with truancy.:D
    “I sometimes wish that people would put a little more emphasis upon the observance of the law than they do upon its enforcement”

Citicop is offline The Original Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    In Missouri, you can legally leave home at 17 without getting in trouble.

Having said that, 90% of people who leave home ASAP because of "neglect" are in for a very rude surprise when the real world actually hits them in the face.

Citicop.
    Sometimes there's Justice...
    and sometimes, there's Just Us
    1*

In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

S43riff is offline Veteran Member S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute S43riff has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    o <----world
    o <---- you
    8 <---- SLAP!
    In god we trust...all others keep your hands where I can see them.

phantasm is offline Veteran Member phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute phantasm has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    In NY you'd be a runaway. You can leave when you're 18.

But like someone said, you can enlist at 17.
    DONLON
    I mean, we're getting killed for these people and they don't even appreciate it. They think it's a big joke.

Interesting Info

An education in debating

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

9. This ad will disappear if you login