Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    webster882 is offline Junior Member webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts

NCIC Extradite Statewide?

What does Extradite: Statewide Only mean?

I was arrested in state A for a felony "Receiving Stolen Goods, 2nd Degree $500 - 2500". When arrested, I saw the officer's screen say "Will Extradite Statewide Only" on the NCIC Wanted Person's File. I was released on a signature bond. I was in the process of moving to State B, and now my Job and family is here. I know I have a Failure to Appear for that charge. What is the likelihood that I will be extradited if I get pulled over and ran through the NCIC?

Webster
    Last edited by webster882; 11-16-08 at 05:48 AM.

webster882 is offline Junior Member webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts webster882 is infamous around these parts
    I should also add that it is a Class C Felony in state A. (there is nothing below Class C in this state, to my knowledge)

chaser is offline Two States four counties chaser has a reputation beyond repute chaser has a reputation beyond repute chaser has a reputation beyond repute chaser has a reputation beyond repute chaser has a reputation beyond repute chaser has a reputation beyond repute chaser has a reputation beyond repute chaser has a reputation beyond repute chaser has a reputation beyond repute chaser has a reputation beyond repute chaser has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    If state A was Alabama and state B was anywhere in the United States you would be held in state B for fugitive from justice until state A came and picked your butt up and returned you to Alabama to face your felony charges.

Since we no not which state is which you will have to figure it out on your own, and that seems unlikely as you have apparent bad decision making abilities or you would not have the charge in the first place.
    But Officer, I didn't think pretty ladies recieved citations!!!! They don't lady, please sign here and press hard, it's four copies

I understand what you are saying, and have researched "fugitive from justice" before.

However, if geographic restrictions are on the NCIC warrant, what are the procedures?
    Last edited by webster882; 11-16-08 at 05:48 AM.

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by webster882 View Post
    I understand what you are saying, and have researched "fugitive from justice" before.

However, if geographic restrictions are on the NCIC warrant, what are the procedures?

I do plan on facing the charges (however bogus they might be, as no property was found on my person, and I could never obtain a case file) but I do have a family and a job in state B.

I didn't leave state A to avoid prosecution.
    Well you certainly aren't staying to face it either. It always looks good on a job resume that you are a wanted fugitive from another state.
    Creeper Cop

retdetsgt is offline Back in my day!!!! retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute retdetsgt has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Some agencies don't want the hassle of extradition hearings from another state on some charges. If you're arrested within the state, you have no right to such hearings.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was, and now what I'm with isn't it. And what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grampa Simpson

My Little Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Doc View Post
    You just gotta realize he is hard of hearing and cranky, and try to speak up more clearly next time and make it perfectly clear what you were saying so there is no misinterpretation. You gotta try not to get mad at the old guy, recognizing the issue at hand.

DeltaV is offline Veteran Member DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute DeltaV has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    I was in the process of moving to State B, and now my Job and family is here.
    Hopefully it's not a job that runs a criminal background check!

txinvestigator1 is offline what me, worry? txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    charges (however bogus they might be, as no property was found on my person, and I could never obtain a case file)
    Notice he does not deny the charges, just claims insufficient evidence.
    "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final" --Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Johninaustin is offline Veteran Member Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    This happens a lot, usually with transients. Washington state and California as well as Florida are really the worst about it.

I've come across guys that won't get extradited on Neg Homicide charges from Cali. :eek:

Essentially, we send a teletype stating "here he is" and the offending state sends us a teletype back stating "we don't care", Then we just let you go. (unless I can find something new to lock you up for) ;)
    Don't try and outweird me, I find weirder things than you in my breakfast burrito.

fishing (fish-ing)
    1.n.the art of casting,trolling,jigging,or spinning while freezing,sweating,swatting,or swearing.

kels is offline RPs Official WARPIG kels has a reputation beyond repute kels has a reputation beyond repute kels has a reputation beyond repute kels has a reputation beyond repute kels has a reputation beyond repute kels has a reputation beyond repute kels has a reputation beyond repute kels has a reputation beyond repute kels has a reputation beyond repute kels has a reputation beyond repute kels has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Middle part of Kansas, just a few trees and not quite FLAT
    Dont worry about it, with your lack of ability to
    stay out of trouble, you will soon be enjoying your new
    residence.

Of course, when the locals LEOs find out about you, you will
    have the interest of every local cop in the area.

Every cop just loves to have a burglar/thief move into the area.

We had one of these from California last year.
    He got so much attention, he left in less than
    3 months.:D
    On a clear night, I can see the other deputies emergency lights at least 10 miles away.
    But it isnt flat here LOL

Piggy is offline Trained Assassin Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute Piggy has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Where I used to be, if our Prosecutor finds out you moved out of state, he changes the warrant to nationwide.

Then when you get pulled over for speeding or stopped for some other minor offense, your car gets towed and you sit in jail for 10 days while we make transportation arrangements for you.

When you're finally picked up and returned to the state, you don't have a bond because you were FTA and a flight risk. A few months after you sit in jail you'll finally get your trial date. Regardless if you're found guilty, you get to pay all the expenses for the transport back to the state. It's actually a pretty cool system.

This was Indiana, and I can recall picking up a guy in Texas for Failure to Appear on a Public Intox Charge. The Public Intox charge is a misdemeanor, but the FTA is a felony. I'd encourage you to do whatever your wallet can afford. Oh, and stop stealing other peoples stuff.
    One Big Ass Mistake America

Thanks everyone for the answers. As, I said, I plan to go to court. When I fight it, I will win, because I am not guilty of this charge. The truth always finds it's way to the surface, and good always prevails. I will say this: Presumed guilt is a big problem with criminal procedure. I am not a convicted criminal. (I'm not a criminal by any means)

Actually, I really respect what Law Enforcement does for people. It takes a lot of guts to protect people's liberties. I consider it a necessary evil, as there are so many people that can not be civilized, and act like humans, rather than animals. I know that your jobs are hard because there is so much hate and resentment from the people that you are trying to protect. I also know that those same people will turn and call for your help when they are in danger.

Sincerely,
    Webster
    Last edited by webster882; 11-16-08 at 12:32 AM.

Johninaustin is offline Veteran Member Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Thanks everyone for the answers. As, I said, I plan to go to court. When I fight it, I will win, because I am not guilty of this charge. The truth always finds it's way to the surface, and good always prevails. I will say this: Presumed guilt is a big problem with criminal procedure. I am not a convicted criminal. (I'm not a criminal by any means)

Actually, I really respect what Law Enforcement does for people. It takes a lot of guts to protect people's liberties. I consider it a necessary evil, as there are so many people that can not be civilized, and act like humans, rather than animals. I know that your jobs are hard because there is so much hate and resentment from the people that you are trying to protect. I also know that those same people will turn and call for your help when they are in danger.

Sincerely,
    Webster

:rolleyes:
    Don't try and outweird me, I find weirder things than you in my breakfast burrito.

fishing (fish-ing)
    1.n.the art of casting,trolling,jigging,or spinning while freezing,sweating,swatting,or swearing.

Joeyd6 is offline Moderator Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute Joeyd6 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    When I fight it, I will win, because I am not guilty of this charge.
    In my years of experience as a LE Officer, one thing has ALWAYS held true: INNOCENT PEOPLE DON'T RUN! And what you did was run away from the charge. Innocent people fight the charges right away and want to do anything to clear their name. Guilty people avoid it and ignore the criminal justice process.

Presumed guilt is a big problem with criminal procedure.
    That is why ourt CJ system is based on innocent until proven guitly.

I am not a convicted criminal. (I'm not a criminal by any means)
    Um...normal people don't have warranst out for their arrest. You may or many have done the original crime, but by failing to appear you are now a criminal. Congrats!
    -In God we trust. All others, put your hands on the car and don't move.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyd6 View Post
    In my years of experience as a LE Officer, one thing has ALWAYS held true: INNOCENT PEOPLE DON'T RUN! And what you did was run away from the charge. Innocent people fight the charges right away and want to do anything to clear their name. Guilty people avoid it and ignore the criminal justice process.

That is why ourt CJ system is based on innocent until proven guitly.

Um...normal people don't have warranst out for their arrest. You may or many have done the original crime, but by failing to appear you are now a criminal. Congrats!
    Ah yes...a cop who knows everything. I've never heard of that one before. Actually, what happened was I was suckered into using my id to help my 'friend' get some money after his grandpa died and left him his tools...I had no idea the property was stolen, and there for will never be convicted of such a crime. Normal people get warrants all the time...it's as easy as being poor, and have some ****head cop seeing you in a beat-up car, realizing you're young and poor, and try to ruin your life...

Also, there is no respect for the law these days because of the horrible attitudes of our so-called "Constables of Peace"...when it should actually be "Constables of Piece" ...aren't I clever...funny huh? Piece...like a gun? You know like cops have to uh cowardly shoot innocent people in the backs? Wait that isn't funny...no wonder young people are weary of the police. This country's laws were made to protect the people, and not be used against them, and the irony is we have a higher incarceration rate than any in the world, and for any minor infraction. You would expect more freedom in North Korea.

So why would someone like me, who was arrested on a trumped up charge flee? Simple, it's because I know all about how our justice system works, and I couldn't afford to hire a lawyer, because I was too busy taking care of my family, and couldn't afford the pretrial (innocent until proven guilty, right) mandated drug tests, for someone who has NEVER been convicted of a crime. Oh, and you say: "We're just doing our jobs", and that's exactly what the Nazi officers in Auschwitz said when they were murdering children.

Also, thanks for keeping my family safe at night too. Oh, wait...my father was murdered in Alabama, and I know for sure the local police were involved in it, as the house he was selling drugs out of was getting up on their business and not paying their 'taxes'.

Now...there are some good cops out there, and there are parts of criminal procedure I agree with perfectly, but for the most part the people are getting sick and tired of the way the organized crime, ahem, I mean cops have been doing our people lately, and one day there will be reform.

Btw, I wasn't extradited, and the guy that was actually responsible has already done his time. If I do ever make it to Alabama, the charges will be immediately dropped, because I was innocent....but didn't want the hassle of dealing with crooks, and corrupt officials.

Now...because you were just so severely beaten down with words from someone intellectually superior to...every single one of you...You will have no choice but to remove my comments, and probably remove me from your forum...which would be no problem for me to circumvent, but I feel sorry for people like you.

This is how people think of the cops...it's up to you to change it.

16. This ad will disappear if you login

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast