Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    oldtex is offline Junior Member oldtex is on a distinguished road

Question PlainClothes Police officers

I've heard about plainclothes officers which i think are officers who don't wear a uniform but carry a badge(you usually see them wear it around there neck like in the movies), gun, and the rest of the equipment. Like the the character bruce willis plays off of die hard and mel gibson a dany clover off of lethal weapon. I was curious what do these officers do and how can i become one.

Citicop is offline The Original Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtex View Post
    I've heard about plainclothes officers which i think are officers who don't wear a uniform but carry a badge(you usually see them wear it around there neck like in the movies), gun, and the rest of the equipment. Like the the character bruce willis plays off of die hard and mel gibson a dany clover off of lethal weapon. I was curious what do these officers do and how can i become one.
    Transfer to a plainclothes assignment usually comes after a period of time (3-5 years in many cases) of uniformed patrol service. This gives you the opportunity to learn the job of being a police officer. If you distinguish yourself during this time, you can apply for a transfer into a specialized unit. Other times, you may be assigned to wear a uniform most of the time, and occasionally wear plain clothes depending on the nature of the assignment.

Many of these units are investigative in nature. Plainclothes officers may conduct surveillance, work drug cases, prostitution stings, or other special details.

BTW- In "Die Hard" Bruce Willis was off duty (hence no uniform) and in Lethal Weapon Gibson and Glover were Detectives, not plainclothes officers.

Citicop.
    Sometimes there's Justice...
    and sometimes, there's Just Us
    1*

In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

Johninaustin is offline Veteran Member Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute Johninaustin has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Do? Well, right now I'm posting on the internet and waiting for the rest of the guys to decide where to eat breakfast. :D

Later I'm going to a budget meeting and after that ANOTHER meeting having something to do with special Christmas events. After that I'll go home.
    Don't try and outweird me, I find weirder things than you in my breakfast burrito.

fishing (fish-ing)
    1.n.the art of casting,trolling,jigging,or spinning while freezing,sweating,swatting,or swearing.

Group9 is offline Hurricanes suck! Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute Group9 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Well, at least you are off to the right start by realizing that all of us plainclothes LEO's are cool like Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson and Danny Glover.
    :D
    "Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it."

Old Chinese Proverb

TXCharlie is offline Veo personas estúpidas TXCharlie has a reputation beyond repute TXCharlie has a reputation beyond repute TXCharlie has a reputation beyond repute TXCharlie has a reputation beyond repute TXCharlie has a reputation beyond repute TXCharlie has a reputation beyond repute TXCharlie has a reputation beyond repute TXCharlie has a reputation beyond repute TXCharlie has a reputation beyond repute TXCharlie has a reputation beyond repute TXCharlie has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    I carry my badge around my neck (hidden) while off duty.

Also carry a gun whenever in public, same as I've done every day for almost ten years before I even got sworn in.

Does that make me like Bruce Willis? :cool: :rolleyes: :D

6. This ad will disappear if you login