Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gdowkpc is offline Maintaining the Vigil gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO

Cold weather pens?

Oregon is wet and cold in the winter. I am having incredible difficulty finding a ball point pen that can write under these conditions. The pens are blotchy. You guys that work in cold environments, what are you using?

I was looking at the space pens because they are guarenteed, but do I really need to spend $15 and go mail order to get one?

Do gel pens work?

It must have the requirement of being ball point. It needs to withstand the downward pressure required to write through 4 copies of a citation.
    In time we hate that which we often fear.
    Visit nwham.com for accurate Ham Repeater information.

EHStaley is offline Wanting to be a LEO. EHStaley is on a distinguished road
    I looked up the value of the pen my father (deceased) had that mother and I gave him for father's day MANY years ago. It is a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck and lists for $220. Needless to say it is at home and I do not carry it to work (Computer/Network guy at a Cardiovascular Office). $15 sounds VERY reasonable in comparison.

gdowkpc is offline Maintaining the Vigil gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute gdowkpc has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    I can't find Fisher Space Pens at Office Depot or Office Max. Anyone know a place to try?

I can find them on line, but I don;t want to pay the shipping or wait a week.

danah is offline Veteran Member danah
    even a papermate pen gets blotchy? i got a pack of 50 for about 5$. they just don't look to fancy.

Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Yep!

Someone told me once that the erasable pens work fine. But I was out trying to write a ticket for a guy drinking a 40 ouncer outside when it was 38 degrees and raining. I couldn't write where the paper got wet and it was blotchy everywhere else. I tried 2 different pens.

I even tried licking the end. It doesn't work either.

I just ordered a space pen and 2 refills online for $25. Not what I wanted to do, but the pen is only mightier thatn the sword if it writes.

oh, geezzz. if you can't trust papermate, what can you trust?
    what are space pens? sounds fun.

Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Ink is made of gel. They are also nitrogen pressurized so they will write upside down forever.

Guarenteed to write down to temps of -30 F and through oil and water.

Jynkxxie Guest
    Liters are good for getting them to work again.

spyman is offline Senior Member spyman
    use a pencil.;)
    Spy

Chief_Wiggum is offline Chief Doughnut Tester Chief_Wiggum will become famous soon enough
    I'm sleeping over at Homer Simpson's house.
    Originally posted by danah
    what are space pens? sounds fun.
    Click here for Fisher Space Pens

They are not cheap, and the refills are not cheap. You sure wouldn't want to loose one or have someone "accidently" keep it.

Here is a really good instrument that writes in the rain and is a bit cheaper. Of course you'll have to see if it passes legal muster in your jurisdiction.

Trust me, it's not the jeans that make your butt look fat!

Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    lol!

Chief_Wiggum is offline Chief Doughnut Tester Chief_Wiggum will become famous soon enough
    I'm sleeping over at Homer Simpson's house.
    Originally posted by spyman
    use a pencil.;)
    Hey you stole my idea :D
    Trust me, it's not the jeans that make your butt look fat!

Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    I work for the government, remember?:D

Originally posted by Chief_Wiggum

They are not cheap, and the refills are not cheap. You sure wouldn't want to loose one or have someone "accidently" keep it.

Here is a really good instrument that writes in the rain and is a bit cheaper. Of course you'll have to see if it passes legal muster in your jurisdiction.

thanks for the link! however i just came back to RP from looking at them online. they kick butt.

Originally posted by Chief_Wiggum

thanks for the link! however i just came back to RP from looking at them online. they kick butt.

stalking stuffer

16. This ad will disappear if you login