Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    musclefan21 is offline Banned musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute

Practice written exams

are they close to real exams? I got a membership at policequiz.com and they had all bunch of department's practice exams or study guides and I just times myself according to NYPD practice exam and took the test and scored 97%. not because i am so smart, the questions were unbelievably easy. And i was wonder if NYPD applicants really got this lucky or the real exam questions are harder? and how about other depratments, in general the written exam considered hard or easy?

Thanks.

manahmanah is offline I am sick of illegals! manahmanah has a reputation beyond repute manahmanah has a reputation beyond repute manahmanah has a reputation beyond repute manahmanah has a reputation beyond repute manahmanah has a reputation beyond repute manahmanah has a reputation beyond repute manahmanah has a reputation beyond repute manahmanah has a reputation beyond repute manahmanah has a reputation beyond repute manahmanah has a reputation beyond repute manahmanah has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I can't tell you if they're close or not as I have never taken a practice exam. I am quite sure the tests vary greatly from state to state. I think Philly PD sends a book to study before the test.

Out here in CA there are several parts of the test, well, at least for my agency there was. I consider myself to be pretty intelligent and I did not find the CA P.O.S.T. exam to be particularly easy. In fact, when I took it I did not think I was going to pass but I did surprisingly well.

I say just take it and see you you do.

musclefan21 is offline Banned musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute musclefan21 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by grussem View Post
    I can't tell you if they're close or not as I have never taken a practice exam. I am quite sure the tests vary greatly from state to state. I think Philly PD sends a book to study before the test.

Out here in CA there are several parts of the test, well, at least for my agency there was. I consider myself to be pretty intelligent and I did not find the CA P.O.S.T. exam to be particularly easy. In fact, when I took it I did not think I was going to pass but I did surprisingly well.

I say just take it and see you you do.
    I have been studying harder than I have ever stuied before. at work and home, I go to my page on policequiz and start reading their suggestions, memorize the vocabulary, learn grammar watch videos of a former recruiter explaining how to prepare yourself for the test. a lot of reading. when i get a little time off I print practice tests or study guides from other agencies and study them. According to policequiz.com, written exams are mostly close to each other and they have common questions. after i do all the studiying, i go to gym and get myself prepared for physical test.

I hope I will get these back by passing the tests. Feb 9th is the test day.

I also hope the test will be something close to NYPD test so I wouldn't have much trouble to pass it:D

I just tried LAPD test and it was way harder. around similar type of test(some difference) but good lord, the questions were harder.

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    The only practice exam I've ever taken was ones given by the department/agency itself. I've never sought practice exams from an outside source. Most police exams I've taken are not difficult if you have basic, walking-around common sense.

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

Badgerboy is offline A toy...for me?????? Badgerboy has a reputation beyond repute Badgerboy has a reputation beyond repute Badgerboy has a reputation beyond repute Badgerboy has a reputation beyond repute Badgerboy has a reputation beyond repute Badgerboy has a reputation beyond repute Badgerboy has a reputation beyond repute Badgerboy has a reputation beyond repute Badgerboy has a reputation beyond repute Badgerboy has a reputation beyond repute Badgerboy has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by grussem View Post
    I consider myself to be pretty intelligent and I did not find the CA P.O.S.T. exam to be particularly easy. In fact, when I took it I did not think I was going to pass but I did surprisingly well.
    Despite my fellow RP officers wishes I will go ahead post the answers to the CA POST test in order.

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Maybe
    4. Yes
    5. Dropsy
    6. No
    7. Only if the suspect sneezes.
    8. Testicles.
    9. RuPaul.
    10. There are two "F"s in sheriff.
    11. Vegemite.
    12. George Michael, Boy George and Tone Loc.
    13. Either Gary Coleman or Dwight Eisenhower are acceptable.
    14. The old man was from Nantucket.
    15. YooHoo and 3 Twinkies.

Good luck in your studies and the application process, musclefan.
    EVOC- Cones die so you don't have to.

Darin is offline Jacked up on Mt. Deeeewww Darin has a reputation beyond repute Darin has a reputation beyond repute Darin has a reputation beyond repute Darin has a reputation beyond repute Darin has a reputation beyond repute Darin has a reputation beyond repute Darin has a reputation beyond repute Darin has a reputation beyond repute Darin has a reputation beyond repute Darin has a reputation beyond repute Darin has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerboy View Post
    Despite my fellow RP officers wishes I will go ahead post the answers to the CA POST test in order.

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Maybe
    4. Yes
    5. Dropsy
    6. No
    7. Only if the suspect sneezes.
    8. Testicles.
    9. RuPaul.
    10. There are two "F"s in sheriff.
    11. Vegemite.
    12. George Michael, Boy George and Tone Loc.
    13. Either Gary Coleman or Dwight Eisenhower are acceptable.
    14. The old man was from Nantucket.
    15. YooHoo and 3 Twinkies.

Good luck in your studies and the application process, musclefan.

Dude how could you forget that #16 was Gerbils????

:D

Good luck musclefan!
    Sixburgh
    6 time Super Bowl Champions

They were who we thought they were.

Playoffs?? Playoffs!!??? Don't talk about PLAYOFFS!!!??

7. This ad will disappear if you login