Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
    TheAdmiral0203 is offline Junior Member TheAdmiral0203 is infamous around these parts TheAdmiral0203 is infamous around these parts TheAdmiral0203 is infamous around these parts TheAdmiral0203 is infamous around these parts TheAdmiral0203 is infamous around these parts TheAdmiral0203 is infamous around these parts TheAdmiral0203 is infamous around these parts TheAdmiral0203 is infamous around these parts TheAdmiral0203 is infamous around these parts TheAdmiral0203 is infamous around these parts TheAdmiral0203 is infamous around these parts

Harassing/Threatening Text Messages

Good afternoon. As a result of me filing a report with Child Protective Services on an ex partner of mine. Her, and the child's father have been very fumed at me for doing so.

According to the person I filed on, they "took her baby away from her" 24 hours after I filed.

These two people are extremely agressive. The mother has no criminal history. The father is on probation for a Marijuana Possession conviction. To my knowledge, this conviction, along with a previous conviction for the same thing is his only criminal history. My ex has told me many stories that he is not afraid of doing bodily harm on anybody, regardless if it is a public place, and has done so. The two have also committed many domestic assaults on each other in front of their three year old son. Although, no police reports have ever been made regarding these domestic altercations. I dont like to put labels on people, but their lifestyle can be described as "ghetto".

Moving on, since then I have been recieving vular/threatening text messages from the two. Over 15 messages. Including one from the father metaphorically threatening to meet me at my place of work and assault me. I have only responded 3 times ONLY politely asking the two to stop. I also recieved numerous phone calls from the father but I never answered, and there have never been any voicemails left from him. I also have never in a sense "fought fire with fire". I have all the text messages saved, even the ones i sent, and have since filed four information police reports with the San Antonio Police Department. Police contacted the father through the telephone warning them to stop the harassment. The text messages continued though, and after I filed my most recent report with SAPD, the officer told me again that she would contact the two parties and warn them.

Yesterday, I went through with filing formal harassment charges against the two. I went down to the police station and filled out the packet of papers that i'm required to do so. They said the next step is that i'm going to be contacted by a detective to set up an appointment with them. I also changed my telephone number.

My questions are:

1.) What is the entire process of this? After I speak with the detective what happens? A court date? More appointments with the detective? What?

2.) If this case does go to court, will the two suspects be arrested or will they only recieve a summons to appear in court, or something to that nature?

3.) Since the father is on probation, how will this case affect his probationary status?

Thanks.

Samuel is offline Fascist Samuel has disabled reputation
    Verified LEO
    The detective who is handling your case should be able to answer all your questions for you.

TX-LEO is offline Some Call me JR TX-LEO has a reputation beyond repute TX-LEO has a reputation beyond repute TX-LEO has a reputation beyond repute TX-LEO has a reputation beyond repute TX-LEO has a reputation beyond repute TX-LEO has a reputation beyond repute TX-LEO has a reputation beyond repute TX-LEO has a reputation beyond repute TX-LEO has a reputation beyond repute TX-LEO has a reputation beyond repute TX-LEO has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Yep. When the case is assigned, ask him or her. We can't tell you how SAPD works their cases and even if one of us were SAPD, we still can't tell you exactly how it works and would be improper to guess.
    "I'd rather hunt with VP Cheney than ride with Ted Kennedy ."

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
    temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    If he is on probation , his PO can YANK his chain for this. The police cannot do anything regarding to the probation issue itself though.
    Creeper Cop

5. This ad will disappear if you login