Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    grumpyirishman is offline Aged Like a Fine Wine grumpyirishman has a reputation beyond repute grumpyirishman has a reputation beyond repute grumpyirishman has a reputation beyond repute grumpyirishman has a reputation beyond repute grumpyirishman has a reputation beyond repute grumpyirishman has a reputation beyond repute grumpyirishman has a reputation beyond repute grumpyirishman has a reputation beyond repute grumpyirishman has a reputation beyond repute grumpyirishman has a reputation beyond repute grumpyirishman has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO

Feds could not survive without the city cops!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    You failed to mention to everyone that everything you learned, you learned from me, young padwan. :D
    Like how to take credit for the arrest, when the locals did all the legwork and effected the arrest. :rolleyes:

bluelightzgrl is offline adult babysitter bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyirishman View Post
    Like how to take credit for the arrest, when the locals did all the legwork and effected the arrest. :rolleyes:
    Ouch! ;) Harsh I say, harsh! Course you make it sound like they work for some of the other big name fed-soup groups that do that all the time. Well, at least any and well... yea every time I worked with them they sat doing nada then took the credit.
    "The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion."

Switchback is offline Just milling around... Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute Switchback has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Apparently, you have not had much experience with the Marshals, Grumpy. You mistakenly think that we all operate like the feebs.

We take pride in cooeration and we love getting our hands dirty.

FWIW, I showed smcc360 the really important stuff... like where to find really good coffee and sticky buns in Chinatown.
    We bring evil things to evil people, kicking in a door near you!

."In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But,
    in practice, there is."

- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like
    an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig
    was'committed'."

-unknown

Working on a PhD in CQB one doorway at a time.

When the wolf attacks, he will find not all who run with the flock are sheep!

smcc360 is offline Puts the 'Duh' in DUSM smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyirishman View Post
    You've obviously been associating with a lower class of federal agent. I don't want to name the offending organization, but their initials are F.B.I.
    "There is only one basic human right: the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty: the duty to take the consequences."
    -P. J. O'Rourke

bluelightzgrl is offline adult babysitter bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute bluelightzgrl has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by smcc360 View Post
    You've obviously been associating with a lower class of federal agent. I don't want to name the offending organization, but their initials are F.B.I.
    And here I was trying to be nice and not name names! :p :rolleyes:

smcc360 is offline Puts the 'Duh' in DUSM smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute smcc360 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightzgrl View Post
    And here I was trying to be nice and not name names! :p :rolleyes:
    Hey, I took steps to protect their anonymous-ness. ;)

Anyway, carlos5272, most law enforcement agencies work well together (with one big exception and a couple of smaller exceptions).
    "There is only one basic human right: the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty: the duty to take the consequences."
    -P. J. O'Rourke

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by smcc360 View Post
    Hey, I took steps to protect their anonymous-ness. ;)

Anyway, carlos5272, most law enforcement agencies work well together (with one big exception and a couple of smaller exceptions).
    LOL, :D

Doesn't it figure, I have to spread the luv around. :rolleyes:

vengeance05 is offline Veteran Member vengeance05 has a reputation beyond repute vengeance05 has a reputation beyond repute vengeance05 has a reputation beyond repute vengeance05 has a reputation beyond repute vengeance05 has a reputation beyond repute vengeance05 has a reputation beyond repute vengeance05 has a reputation beyond repute vengeance05 has a reputation beyond repute vengeance05 has a reputation beyond repute vengeance05 has a reputation beyond repute vengeance05 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I haven't had any problems with area departments. If we're serving a warrant or running a special detail, the other department is usually aware if not involved in the operation. If I have to conduct interviews or follow up on an investigation noone bothers me. As far as arrests or traffic stops, some officers may think we're poaching, but will stop by to assist which is greatly appreciated. Likewise, we will stop to assist them.
    "Who wants a moustache ride?"

ChesCopPodz is offline Verifier ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute ChesCopPodz has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    We work well with surrounding departments. The area I work is large and borders the neighboring county. About 3/4 the time I make traffic stops, their sheriff's office or a state trooper is the one who stops out with me because the other officers from my department are farther away
    Pittsburgh Pirates- 1st place NL Central 7/15/11

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction, those bastards wont get away this time

An amateur will train until they get it right. A professional will train until they can't get it wrong.

Nole795 is offline Human Iguana Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute Nole795 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    I make it a habit to contact the department whose jurisdiction I am in if I am conducting an operation. Most times I will even have an officer with me.

When I was an officer I remember hearing a footpursuit involving ATF and a state agency. The ATF agent had called 911 to report the pursuit. Patrol had no idea who he was pursuing or for what purpose. When we saw the white guy running through the projects with a badge chain hanging, we knew we found our agent.

Turns out they did a buy bust involving firearms at a local gun shop and the perp took off during the takedown. It took a few minutes to interview the agent, put out the bolo on the suspect description and set up a perimeter.

I remember that scene well because we found the suspect in a garbage can. He was covered in pasta and god knows what else...

The agent was not happy about transporting him in his ride. But I sure as heck wasn't going to.

Since becoming a fed, I like to have an officer there just so that everyone is aware of the situation, or that the situation can be broadcast in a timely manner.
    Eunice: A .22? Oh you've gotta be kidding me. That's like bringing a knife to a gunfight.
    Detective Greenly: Yeah, or bringing a really small gun... to a gunfight.

Boondock Saint II

11. This ad will disappear if you login