RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SpeedDemon is offline Banned SpeedDemon is on a distinguished road

Getting DWI off record?

Hello,

I live in Texas and I've been interested in how to get my 2 DWI arrests off my record. I was told by the officer that I need to fill out what is known as the ID-10-T form.

Do I need to fill this out indvidually for each arrest or can I just fill out one form?

I tried to do a Google search on the DPS site and couldn't find anything. I really want to be a cop so I want to get this cleared up as soon as possible.

Thanks y'all.

Jay7376 is offline Veteran Member Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    oh yeah, the ID-10-T form...

You actually have to go to a judge to obtain that form. Just go to your nearest court and ask any judge for the ID-10-T form, they will have several behind the bench.

Good luck

SpeedDemon is offline Banned SpeedDemon is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay7376
    oh yeah, the ID-10-T form...

You actually have to go to a judge to obtain that form. Just go to your nearest court and ask any judge for the ID-10-T form, they will have several behind the bench.

Good luck
    Like the judge where I went to court for my DWI or just the nearest court?

Reca is offline SRT Member Reca has a reputation beyond repute Reca has a reputation beyond repute Reca has a reputation beyond repute Reca has a reputation beyond repute Reca has a reputation beyond repute Reca has a reputation beyond repute Reca has a reputation beyond repute Reca has a reputation beyond repute Reca has a reputation beyond repute Reca has a reputation beyond repute Reca has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Any Judge will do. But you can only get these forms on wednesdays between noon and noon thirty

cntryboy0531 is offline You can't 30DF that.... cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon
    Like the judge where I went to court for my DWI or just the nearest court?

Any judge has them. If not, go to any sheriff's office and ask them how to go about getting one from them.
    "I would rather my boss give me a butt kicking for being over the top than a eulogy for not being thorough!" ~~~~~ Aussie George

"It's an American police station. Guns are easier to find than a working stapler." ~~~~~ smcc366

Bearcat06 is offline Banned Bearcat06 has a reputation beyond repute Bearcat06 has a reputation beyond repute Bearcat06 has a reputation beyond repute Bearcat06 has a reputation beyond repute Bearcat06 has a reputation beyond repute Bearcat06 has a reputation beyond repute Bearcat06 has a reputation beyond repute Bearcat06 has a reputation beyond repute Bearcat06 has a reputation beyond repute Bearcat06 has a reputation beyond repute Bearcat06 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by cntryboy0531
    Any judge has them. If not, go to any sheriff's office and ask them how to go about getting one from them.
    Not sure about how Texas works, but around here you go to the Sheriff's Office/Department and they have all the forms you need to get it taken care of.

Once you fill them out, you file them with the court and go from there.

Blackgoat06 is offline Veteran Member Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute Blackgoat06 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    It may not be a bad idea to grab some extras in case some other offenses come up....You don't want to mess up your chances of becoming a cop, only clean records need apply for this job.
    "Knowing what you stand for limits what you fall for"

Jay7376 is offline Veteran Member Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute Jay7376 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by greg72982
    It may not be a bad idea to grab some extras in case some other offenses come up....You don't want to mess up your chances of becoming a cop, only clean records need apply for this job.
    That's some good thinking greg. Rep for you!!:D

cntryboy0531 is offline You can't 30DF that.... cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute cntryboy0531 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat06
    Not sure about how Texas works, but around here you go to the Sheriff's Office/Department and they have all the forms you need to get it taken care of.

Once you fill them out, you file them with the court and go from there.

How we do it is totally different than how it's done in his state...

Here, you just flag down a deputy that's on patrol, or go to the substation. He presents you with the form, you fill it out, and he notorizes it right then and then, and swears you to it (after putting his hat on) and it's golden then.

Few weeks later, it's off your record.
    "I would rather my boss give me a butt kicking for being over the top than a eulogy for not being thorough!" ~~~~~ Aussie George

"It's an American police station. Guns are easier to find than a working stapler." ~~~~~ smcc366

mcsap is offline Veteran member ( retired) mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute mcsap has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    No matter what you do , they will never be completely gone. Any Criminal Justice Agency will have access to the info and you will still have to answer YES to the job app question of ... were you ever arrested? .
    Creeper Cop

CTUCop is offline Veteran Member CTUCop has a reputation beyond repute CTUCop has a reputation beyond repute CTUCop has a reputation beyond repute CTUCop has a reputation beyond repute CTUCop has a reputation beyond repute CTUCop has a reputation beyond repute CTUCop has a reputation beyond repute CTUCop has a reputation beyond repute CTUCop has a reputation beyond repute CTUCop has a reputation beyond repute CTUCop has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    [QUOTE=SpeedDemon]Hello,

I live in Texas and I've been interested in how to get my 2 DWI arrests off my record. I was told by the officer that I need to fill out what is known as the ID-10-T form.

Do I need to fill this out indvidually for each arrest or can I just fill out one form?

QUOTE]

Up here, you just fill out one ID-10-T form. You have to fill out another form for each violation and attach it to that one. We use the ST-1-R form as the supplemental one. That's the one where you describe each of the actual incidents.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

Liberty is a well armed lamb.

Ben Franklin

patchcop is offline Beware, I'm out there patchcop has a reputation beyond repute patchcop has a reputation beyond repute patchcop has a reputation beyond repute patchcop has a reputation beyond repute patchcop has a reputation beyond repute patchcop has a reputation beyond repute patchcop has a reputation beyond repute patchcop has a reputation beyond repute patchcop has a reputation beyond repute patchcop has a reputation beyond repute patchcop has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO

How we do it in Germany

Here it is a little bit different. You have to contact you Community Policing Officer and have to make an date with him. First you have to call for the time of the date and have to let the CPO know the reason for what you want to make an date with him. After around an half month, maybe 30 days, the CPO will have an free space in his schedule and you can meet him.

In his bureau you have to fill out the form LMAA - 69 /BS. The CPO will ask you a lot of questions and when you leave the bureau he has to write an note for the court, if it will be possible what you want and what are your reasons.

If you get arrested two or more times for DUI/DWI, the CPO will write down that you are an alcoholic and that they never will give you back your drivers license because you are an public danger.

If you get arrested two or more times for other reasons, the CPO will write down that you are an public danger and that you have to be watched.

The only way to get an "good" note from you CPO is to let him know that you want to become an police officer. But than you must tell him that you have used marijuana within the last years but that you stop it the other week forever. And you have to swear that you have to leave you hat on, no matter what you do on duty.
    Evenhand (Cop Movie): You can't be everybody's friend

There are two things I'm good in, the second is arresting people

I'm looking for Drug/Narcotic Unit patches together with DUI/DWI unit patches for a frame in our Anti-Drug-Team bureau

Also looking for Massachusetts Police and US Capitol City PD patches now!

txinvestigator1 is offline what me, worry? txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Hello,

I tried to do a Google search on the DPS site and couldn't find anything. I really want to be a cop so I want to get this cleared up as soon as possible.

Thanks y'all.
    In Texas DWI is a criminal offense.

What you are looking for is called an expunction. Unless the charges were completely dropped or you were found not guilty you will not be getting those off of your record.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statu...0.htm#55.01.00
    "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final" --Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

tomahawk134 Guest
    Hello,

Thanks y'all.
    As TX investigator related in the post above me, you are looking to have your criminal charges expunged. This DOES NOT MEAN those charges will ever go away. The criminal charges will always follow you... Good Luck in your future career endeavors

Citicop is offline The Original Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute Citicop has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Verified LEO
    Why am I not inclined to help a brand new user with the name "SpeedDemon" get not one, but TWO DWI's off his record?

Get a Lawyer, I'm in the business of giving people DWI's, not making them go away.

Just my $.02...

Citicop.
    Sometimes there's Justice...
    and sometimes, there's Just Us
    1*

In memory of DCLaw- EOW@RealPolice 02-20-2007.
    We won't rest 'till we find the mutt.

16. This ad will disappear if you login

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast