Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Unregistered Guest

parking on the wrong side of the road

is it legal to park on a side of the road where parking is allowed, but facing the wrong direction?

Unregistered Guest
    Nope - because your exit from the position impedes oncoming traffic.

lprocter is offline Veteran Member lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future
    Uh, that's not entirely correct. At least in Ontario, you can park on either side of the road, unless a municipal bylaw specifically says not too. This means that it's enforced by municipal police, and provincial or national police. For example, where I'm from, there is no such bylaw, so people can park on either side of the road. Of course, this may not necessarily be the same for the US.

Unregistered Guest
    It can go either way in US, in readneck-ville, where the couches are on the porch, it doesn't matter, heck Jim-bob wouldn;t know the right direction anyway, but most cities and civilized communities enforce that law.

tommygenewoolworth Guest

parking on the wrong side of road

In may jurisdictions, you can receive a citation for parking on the wrong side of the road.

It appears "unregistered" had a "Bad" experience in the South. Especially the "hickville, Jim-bob" references??????

tomahawk134

Byu
    Byu is offline Veteran Member Byu has a spectacular aura about Byu has a spectacular aura about Byu has a spectacular aura about

Heyyyyyyy now.....lol.....easy on hickville.....hehehehe

Being that I live right smack dab in the middle of Hickville USA...let me say that I do park my vehicles on the right side of the rode and I do this in the right manner. However, ole' uncle "jim bob" who lives a little north from me (more towards Redneck country) well he doesn't even know how to drive a vehicle yet, Hell he's lucky if he is sober enough to remember to tie off his canoe after a trip down river to visit his bud Boudreaux.....who actually does keep his living room furniture on the front porch of his old raggety trailer house. Of course there is no need for policing here we're all just a bunch of friendly folk. :D
    Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    Henrik Tikkanen

lprocter is offline Veteran Member lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future lprocter has a brilliant future
    Yeah, well, my home is in redneck-ville in Ontario. Seriously, every second house has a pickup truck, and some villages have many different families, but all with the same last name. And here, we don't care who parks on what side of the road, unless it's deer season, in which case everyone gets the hell away from everyone else, 'cause there's about 1000 hunters, with 1000 cases of beer, and a lot of loaded weapons. I guess this is when the cousins 'meet'

Byu
    Byu is offline Veteran Member Byu has a spectacular aura about Byu has a spectacular aura about Byu has a spectacular aura about

Is that you Cousin Iprocter....hehehehe

OMG....sounds just like my neighborhood...are you sure your in Canada.......lmao.....but of course you know......us cajun folk did originate from your country......can I blame it all on you.....lol!!!!!
    Henrik Tikkanen

Unregistered Guest
    Isn't this forum called ASK A COP, not ASK A CRIMINAL JUSTICE STUDENT WHO WANTS TO BE A COP? You still got a long way to go girl. Those seeking info should take the advice of those who have the real world experience and wear the tin and not something a textbook taught. What credentials do you have giving advice asked when you haven't even been there yet? Most of the stuff I learned in the classroom was to pass the tests, the street and real life situations is where the real learning begins.

Byu

Yes you are right

And that is fine, you are entitled to your opinion. So am I. And no, I am not a LEO as of yet, but I will be. Now as far as getting out on the streets and experiencing "real" learning....I am. This degree is not all about books and classroom work. And if you are a cop yourself well then I apoligize for the disrespect, but as long as a question is asked in this forum.....although titled ASK A COP.... it is still an open forum,and I am entitled to my opinion. If you don't like it, oh well, don't read it.
    Henrik Tikkanen

And also, this specific question doesn't require a police officer to answer it. Anyone who happens to know the laws concerning this can answer. And besides, most of the people who answer questions regularly are officers or have had experience in the policing field, as Byu has said.

Unregistered Guest
    agreed, dude it's not like your paying for the advice and it has to be certified... Beggers can't be choosers.

tommygenewoolworth Guest

Unregistered

Appears unregistered likes making comments about someones education. This is sure calling the kettle black.

Unregistered, I have no earthly idea who you are, except you sure like to run your mouth and make people feel inferior. I do have real world experience and I respect BYU, because she can speak her mind, and knows quite a bit about these topics. I repsect she is obtaining her education, to become a professional Law Enforcement Officer (LEO).

I am sure the closest you have come to being a professional law enforcement officer is reading MY replys

You course know everything about nothing. For all we know, you are some jughead who enjoys putting people down. If you have legimitate questions to ask, be prepared to have some answers from people of different walks of life.

If you are looking for a message board of strictly LEO, then you would NOT be allow in the first place.

I am sure there are messae boards dedicated to running down people, you should try and find one.

tomahawk134

txinvestigator1 is offline what me, worry? txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute txinvestigator1 has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Back on the topic:

In Texas one must park with the Right wheels no further than 18 inches from the curb.

So if one parkes on the wrong side of the road, this is violated UNLESS one has a very skinny car or parks with the left wheels off of the roadway.

e1d
    e1d is offline Deputy Sheriff e1d will become famous soon enough
    txinvesigator- looks like you're the ref for this thread!
    "Screw you guys, I'm going home"
    - Cartman

16. This ad will disappear if you login