Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

Closed Thread
    LucidDefender is offline Junior Member LucidDefender is on a distinguished road

New York State attempted murder statute?

I've been trying to look up this statute, but have been unable to find it. Is it called something else, or is it just not posted on the internet? Could any of you NY officers help me out? Thanks!

Old Trooper is offline Old like fine wine! Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute Old Trooper has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    You will find it under the section "Attempt to commit a crime".I don't recall the section, but it covers attempts to commit ANY crime. It's in the Penal Law
    CHARACTER is what you do when no one is watching....

KatieMH21 is offline Veteran Member KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute
    If I remember correctly, I think it's under Penal Code 125.

"Life is not about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself."

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry's Angel
    If I remember correctly, I think it's under Penal Code 125.
    Was that really your memory... or Google.com?
    **Visiting/New LEO members: please review the following link for further information on our LEO verification process (which also grants access to our LE-restricted forums for networking and discussions that are LE-sensitive): LEO Verification Details **

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

KatieMH21 is offline Veteran Member KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute KatieMH21 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by ROS
    Was that really your memory... or Google.com?

Memory. I have to deal with a lot of other state statutes and interpret them to match Florida statutes pretty often... but thanks for questioning me anyway. :p

Did you Google to see if I was right? I could be wrong, it's happened once or twice before.

nypd7748 is offline I'm on the job kid nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    125 the section in which homicide is covereed in the NYS Penal Law. The attempt to commit a crime comes under 110. The charges for attempt to commit a crime is one class lower than actually committing the crime except if the crime is classified as a Class A-I or A-II felony. Any NY cops, if I left anything out, correct me.
    The New York City Police Department: a front row seat to the greatest show on earth

You can take the savage out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the savage

The job is dead kid

Quote Originally Posted by nypd7748
    125 the section in which homicide is covereed in the NYS Penal Law. The attempt to commit a crime comes under 110. The charges for attempt to commit a crime is one class lower than actually committing the crime except if the crime is classified as a Class A-I or A-II felony. Any NY cops, if I left anything out, correct me.

See, I was wrong. Make that "it has happened twice or three times." ;)

Kimble is offline Why so serious? Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute Kimble has a reputation beyond repute
    Supporting Member L2
    Supporting Member L4
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry's Angel
    See, I was wrong. Make that "it has happened twice or three times." ;)
    I KNEW IT!!! You're memory is worthless! Pay attention, readers... be sure to Google any info Larry's Angel passes along your way! :p
    **Visiting/New LEO members: please review the following link for further information on our LEO verification process (which also grants access to our LE-restricted forums for networking and discussions that are LE-sensitive): LEO Verification Details **

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of justice.

My new hero!

nypd7748 is offline I'm on the job kid nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute nypd7748 has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    Larry's Angel:

What agency do you work for...you can PM me if you don't want to post it here since this is the public section of the forum.
    The New York City Police Department: a front row seat to the greatest show on earth

You can take the savage out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the savage

The job is dead kid

10. This ad will disappear if you login