Police Jobs
RealPolice Forums
Police Gear
Police Agencies

Closed Thread
    PJ_24 is offline Junior Member PJ_24

Post Chain of Command

What is the chain of command in the police department?

OfficerBigelow is offline Junior Member OfficerBigelow
    My police department is as follows

Chief
    Captain
    Lieutenant
    Sergeant
    Corporal
    Senior Patrolman
    Patrolman
    "The handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll stretch out after you wear them awhile."

- Jake Bigelow

tommygenewoolworth Guest

Chain of command

PJ_24:

The chain of command for an organization establishes the responsible person next in line for you to address issues or concerns.

Chain of Command establishes a means for you to address those issues or concerns and then if you are are not pleased with the outcome, take your issue or concern to the next level.

You chould not jump the chain of command and address your concerns to the very top, you feel the issue needs the attention o fthe top person, often times issues are addressed at the lowest level and then work there way up if no resloution can be made.

Ofc Bigelow offered a view of his chain of command for his agency. That chain looks alot like most departrments.

I hope this help, if you have addtional questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at the address provided in my profile.

tomahawk134

deputytx1979 is offline Junior Member deputytx1979
    In my department
    Constable
    Chief Deputy
    Sergeant
    Senior Deputy
    Deputy
    Reserve Deputy

Charlie is offline Veteran Member Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute Charlie has a reputation beyond repute
    Verified LEO
    In my department, (A state LE agency) it is as follows (From top to bottom):

Director of Police
    Assistant Director of Police
    Chief of Police
    Assistant Chief of Police
    Captain (If a particular component institution has this position)
    Lieutenant
    Sergeant
    Corporal
    Police Officer
    "Good and evil are present in this world, and between the two there can be no compromise" - President George W. Bush, in his farewell address to the nation.

6. This ad will disappear if you login